Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 19:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yes, as shrivz rightly said, some spares are a tad too expensive, but then those are stuff that would not be replaced in normal course, but during accidents.
My Fuel Pump got busted a few weeks back. It was making unusual noises when the ignition was turned on for a while now.

Note for all Baleno owners: When your fuel pump makes unusual noises, insist and get it replaced to avoid being stranded on the road!

The fuel pump assembly set me back by 10k. The car has done about 106000kms.

Also, the suspension parts are expensive (Struts, Lower Arms, etc.)
Some suspension bushes are SGP (Suzuki Genuine Parts) and are expensive.

All I'm trying to say is that be informed about the upkeep costs since there just might be some unforseen expenses. People have a common misconception that since this is a Maruti, maintenance will be easy on the pocket in the likes of the esteem and zen, which is not so.

Cheers!
and have a blast with the car once you get it! its fun!
Old 8th March 2008, 21:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
My Fuel Pump got busted a few weeks back. It was making unusual noises when the ignition was turned on for a while now.

Note for all Baleno owners: When your fuel pump makes unusual noises, insist and get it replaced to avoid being stranded on the road!

Also, the suspension parts are expensive (Struts, Lower Arms, etc.)
Some suspension bushes are SGP (Suzuki Genuine Parts) and are expensive.

All I'm trying to say is that be informed about the upkeep costs since there just might be some unforseen expenses. People have a common misconception that since this is a Maruti, maintenance will be easy on the pocket in the likes of the esteem and zen, which is not so.

Cheers!
and have a blast with the car once you get it! its fun!
All this is scaring me from purchasing this car and probably buy a brand new i10 or Indigo CS which should be a better car to maintain. Yes things like the power of Baleno would not be available but I am sure it will be more sensible to go for some other cars what are your thouhgts on this guys.
Old 8th March 2008, 22:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Jees what do I write now .

Pick it up if its more of your heart doing the talking. You simply will learn to find reasons to take it for a spin everyday.

Few of the spares are a tad bit expensive as mentioned by other members here.

Now go buy it and I hope to see a thread in the modifications and accessories section pretty soon. Until then..
Old 8th March 2008, 22:28   #19
BHPian

I didnt mean to scare you man!

Go ahead and buy the car if all service history is clean and the car is well maintained..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You simply will learn to find reasons to take it for a spin everyday.
You just somehow find a reason to go for a spin everyday!
Old 8th March 2008, 22:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I didnt mean to scare you man!

Go ahead and buy the car if all service history is clean and the car is well maintained..

You just somehow find a reason to go for a spin everyday!
YOu are a real big fan of Baleno Car - Already own two of them, you still have them or sold off.

Well yes the car is really special for me too and I think I will go for it. But before that I just foound out today and that is the customer does not have any service history. I still think I will go for it as it is the best car that money can buy for me, surely you will see some action here soon from my end.....

Regards,
Kailash
Old 8th March 2008, 23:07   #21
BHPian

Yes, we own two Balenos in the family.

I'm sure the customer would've atleast got his first 3 free services done from a maruti authorised workshop. Goto any maruti authorised workshop and ask them to check the vehicle history. Their service databases are now online, so I believe all data is accessable from any workshop all over India.
Old 8th March 2008, 23:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

when u guys say spares are a bit expensive, what is ur reference for comparison ? accents ? or the OHC ??
i thought suzuki spares were always way cheaper..

rear view mirror at 2k ?!! is that the whole assembly ? bcos in myh OHC where i have changed the rearview a coupe of times, i remember paying around 600 for the mirror alone
Old 8th March 2008, 23:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
3.7L is a good price but why the hell the owner is selling it that cheap, the same 2006model would have costed you more than 4.75L in Maruti True Value.
gowda
Are you sure True Value will offer a better price? Cos I have a 2006 June Vxi with a LPG it fitted by the dealer and done 33500km and true value offered me 3 Lacs. And on top of it there's a 4 year extended warranty
Old 10th March 2008, 14:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
@sb, is the mirror available separately? The whole console costs 5k+.
I dont know if the mirror is available separately. I was mentioning the price of the whole assembly. Is it 5K per unit or for a pair ? I remember reading here that it is close to 5K per pair - I might be wrong also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
During stock clearance, few Vxi's were sold for lxi-ish prices.And it is with these prices that dealers today value balenos.Of course, part of it is "Business tactic".
Given the prices quoted to Mumbai tbhp-ians you sound right, but my experience was different. Anyway, I do not know much about the used car market, Baleno or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
All this is scaring me from purchasing this car and probably buy a brand new i10 or Indigo CS which should be a better car to maintain.
Actually it is not about the Baleno or Accent or City. It is about used car vs new car and IMO, almost always the new car is a better bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan
when u guys say spares are a bit expensive, what is ur reference for comparison ? accents ? or the OHC ?? i thought suzuki spares were always way cheaper..
narayan, I think the benchmark in this segment is Hyundai which is the cheapest. Suzuki is quite cheap as you said, but Baleno has quite some SGP parts which are ridiculously expensive. eg. its rear lights are one of the fugliest, but they cost a bomb.
Old 10th March 2008, 14:18   #25
BHPian

Hi Supreme Baleno,

So what do you suggest, should I go for the car or as you say the new one should be a better bet. One single reason that I was really interested in the car is the price at which it was selling and other is the engine performance - No other car i think matches the performance of baleno engine & VFm - not even the OHC (Dont consider vtecs)

What is your say in this
Old 10th March 2008, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if the mirror is available separately. I was mentioning the price of the whole assembly. Is it 5K per unit or for a pair ?
Nope. It's Rs. 5105 + VAT ~ Rs 5300 for each ORVM. This was as of mid 2007.

Quote:
but Baleno has quite some SGP parts which are ridiculously expensive. eg. its rear lights are one of the fugliest, but they cost a bomb.
Well for both tail and headlamps you have a cheaper option.

EIII Headlamps cost around 12K a pair. ie the levelling ones. (This price has recently been reduced from the earlier 22K per pair)
EII non-levelling lamps cost 3.5K a pair - which is similar to an Indica V2.

Last model tail lamps white/red combi used to cost almost 20K a pair last summer.
Older tail lamps with orange/red combi costs around 2K a pair

Some other parts costs I had come across - although I haven't compared with other C segment cars.
# Each power window assembly ~ 10K.
# The rubber beading set for each door ~ 4K.
# Power window switch console ~ 4K
# Clutch replacement ~ 3K
# Door handle (outside) ~ 1.8K
# Bumper replacement incl painting (front/rear) ~ 6K each
# Climate control has 5-6 major parts - total replacement is around 20K

Overall I wouldn't say it is expensive to maintain. In fact when it was in production, the ACI spare parts survey had it positioned moderately in it's segment.

Go for it
Old 10th March 2008, 15:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
One single reason that I was really interested in the car is the price at which it was selling and other is the engine performance -
The price surely is enticing, as I mentioned earlier. And from my 3-year experience with the Baleno, it is as good a car as it comes. Those that give importance to looks might be put off by its bland interiors and different-kind-of exterior looks, but if its performance, FE, drivability etc that matters, then it is THE car for you.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:34   #28
BHPian

Go for it dude. Why dont you take the baby for a spin along with a good known Mechanic. The Price is so not bad. and if nothing else, sell it after 6 months with profit of 20K.
Old 11th March 2008, 12:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OT: Where did you get it fixed? Wonder Cars? How long did you have to wait for the part to arrive?
Old 11th March 2008, 14:39   #30
bhp
BHPian

the mirror is available @ 3k (approx) both sides....

OT :-

yesterday the service advisor @ viteese mumbai told me almost all SGP parts are stopped and they have introduced MGP parts for the baleno....this means good news for all baleno lovers and owners like me

for example a AC BELT (SGP) costing 1800 rs about 5-6 months ago now costs only
AC BELT (MGP) costing 450 rs...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks