Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno 2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno 2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/36604-maruti-baleno-2006-a.html)

Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to buy a second hand baleno. This model that I have seen is from 2006 Oct VXI model. It is in good condition and 31458 kms done. The owner is asking the price to be 3.70lacs.

I have seen the car and it is in good condition. This is the latest model of baleno which had climate control in it.

Can you tell me if the asking price of the car is correct. Should I buy this car in the price quoted. I have tried negotiating but the owner says that is the last price and nothing more.

By the way car has following accessories - Original Kenwood MP3 system, 4 speakers, Remote Central Locking, Subwoofer from Kenwood, reading lights in the back. Another thing that I obseved is that the Right mirror is broken and wanted to know what would be the cost of the mirror, if I have to fix it. Are spare parts of baleno readily available ?

Please help asap.

Regards,
Kailash

Do a little research on spare part prices of the Baleno.
I own a Baleno myself, but some spares are a little out of the way as far as pricing goes..
Just want you to be informed..

3.7L is a good price but why the hell the owner is selling it that cheap, the same 2006model would have costed you more than 4.75L in Maruti True Value.

Check on the documents and make a history check on the vehicle.

The price is a good price which you can take it easilyas you say the condition is very good for the car.

I agree, I bought a 2004 model, with 32k on odo, 6 months back for the same price. Do a detailed check on the car. If its a single owner with no accident history its a excellent buy,.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj (Post 750236)
This model that I have seen is from 2006 Oct VXI model. It is in good condition and 31458 kms done. The owner is asking the price to be 3.70lacs.

Great price ! But then, why?

Regards
Rex

Owner got a new SX4 from his company and wants to sell off his Baleno. I wanted to know how do I check the history of the car as to whether it has met with an accident or not. The car looks clean to me from outside. Also the car has scratches that should have been there on an old car.

I have checked his insurance cover for the last year and that had No Claim Bonus given and that means the car did not meet with an accident in that year. Also none of the parts look like they have been repainted or something. The car looks clean, but I am more worried about keeping the car for say atleast 5 yrs. My line of thought is will I be able to keep the car that long and if yes what would be cost of spare parts then which are already on the higher side right now ??

So what do all of you Team bhpians suggest - Should I go for the car or try something else like buyinig a new car - I had frozen of either i10 or Indigo CS diesel

Please help me making a good decision.

Regards,
Kailash

Some accident repair parts are a tad expensive since they are SGP. But overall, I would say there won't be much of a difference compared to current C segment cars in terms of maintenance.
I have the same model - Jan 2006. Nice price you're getting.
Logically a Baleno may not seem very practical - being phased out etc. etc. But then, IMO buying one is more a decision of the heart.

Great Price!!
Get the service history from the service centre. All the Best!!

Just curious...Maruti was giving Rs 3 lacs in exchange for a 2003 model Baleno to my friend.....in hyderbad..if you buy a SX4 from them..this person could have taken the same deal when he went for the SX4 (most of the company cars are ultimately paid out of your salary...lower the upfront cost.lower your outgo..)
wondering why he didnt do this

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 750251)
3.7L is a good price but why the hell the owner is selling it that cheap, the same 2006model would have costed you more than 4.75L in Maruti True Value.

Check on the documents and make a history check on the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 750260)
I agree, I bought a 2004 model, with 32k on odo, 6 months back for the same price. Do a detailed check on the car. If its a single owner with no accident history its a excellent buy,.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rex_varghese (Post 750270)
Great price ! But then, why?

Regards
Rex

With no offence to any Banglore members, I suggest never refer Bangalore prices if you are not from the south. The pricing is just perfect neither high nor cheap. Banglore prices are always different than the rest of India. In mumbai, thats the selling price and its perfect to make a fair deal for both parties. Get it checked at an authorised dealer and if alls well, you can close the deal.

Maruti spares are not a big issue even if its the discontinued model. You shouldnt worry even if you intend to keep the car for about 5 years. There are enough Balenos in the market for Maruti to provide service. Its one of the best VFM buys in the used car market.

Yeah, cars in BLR are frightfully expensive. Decently maintained Vtecs still go for over 5.

Yes this is a good price and if the car is well maintained then go for it.The parts wont be an issue at all,but some of the parts for the earlier baleno was SGP rather than MGP.So there is some scarcity for them but still its available.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj
I am looking forward to buy a second hand baleno. This model that I have seen is from 2006 Oct VXI model. It is in good condition and 31458 kms done. The owner is asking the price to be 3.70lacs.

Kailash, the Vxi would have cost him close to 7Lacs on-road when he bought it new. You are getting it at close to 50% after just 1.5 years. That is for sure, a mouth-watering price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailashnj
Another thing that I obseved is that the Right mirror is broken and wanted to know what would be the cost of the mirror, if I have to fix it. Are spare parts of baleno readily available ?

Spare parts availability is not an issue. The issue is with the higher than normal prices of some spares which are Suzuki Genuine Parts (imported) like headlights, rear light asembly etc. The original mirror should set you back by 2K or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrivz
Do a little research on spare part prices of the Baleno. I own a Baleno myself, but some spares are a little out of the way as far as pricing goes.

Yes, as shrivz rightly said, some spares are a tad too expensive, but then those are stuff that would not be replaced in normal course, but during accidents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Just curious...Maruti was giving Rs 3 lacs in exchange for a 2003 model Baleno to my friend.....in hyderbad..if you buy a SX4 from them..this person could have taken the same deal when he went for the SX4

I also thought the same. A year ago, I was quoted 4.5L for my 2005 Baleno, if exchanged for an SX4. So, he could have got a better deal from exchanging with dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen
Maruti spares are not a big issue even if its the discontinued model. You shouldnt worry even if you intend to keep the car for about 5 years. There are enough Balenos in the market for Maruti to provide service. Its one of the best VFM buys in the used car market.

Yes, no worries about spares/service etc. Just check if the car's service history is good (with the dealer where the car is serviced) and if no issues, then this is a sweet deal you are getting.

P.S.: To me, the mileage of 32K kms seems high for a 1.5 years old car - but then not everyone uses cars sparingly like me, I guess. :)

@sb, is the mirror available separately? The whole console costs 5k+. Even head and taillights are easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB
Kailash, the Vxi would have cost him close to 7Lacs on-road when he bought it new. You are getting it at close to 50% after just 1.5 years. That is for sure, a mouth-watering price.

Balenos dont have good resale value. Period.
During stock clearance, few Vxi's were sold for lxi-ish prices.And it is with these prices that dealers today value balenos.Of course, part of it is "Business tactic".
Also, Baleno owners(non-tbhpian kind) realise that a baleno is not very charming vehicle and hence,its the buyer's market. This is NOT MY OPINION. This is from real world experiences.