Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 10:01   #1

2004 baleno @ 3.10 lacs in hyderabad..is it a fair price to pay??

Hi,

Please help me with the pricing of the car.

Model - Maruti Baleno
Make - July 2004
Mileage - 36500
Owner - 2nd
RTA approved LPG kit
Alloy wheels with 6 month old tyres on all 4 wheels
Insurance - lapsed
Registered in vizag
Reason for sale - buying a new sx4
Asking price - 3.10 lacs (probably will come down by another 10k)

I have personally seen this car and there are no major dents or scratches, awesome A/C and suspension felt good. Overall looked like it had been maintained well. Interiors look good with nice leather(claimed by owner) seat covers and ICE. Only thing i could spot was center console was coming off (if pulled).

If I get the pricing right I can take the car to a mechanic and get it checked throughly. Advice if I need to look for anything in particular.

Also, it would be great if some one could advice on the maintenance expenses and availability of spares.

I previously owned a palio D, changing to petrol as I hardly do around 1000 km (max 1500 km) in a month and ocassional (once in 2 months) long trips.

Need help quick as I need to decide by tomorrow evening.
Old 11th March 2008, 11:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

i dont think this is a fair price but given the fact that apparently HYD used car prices are on the higher side - maybe it could be fair for the market...

but what is the point of buying a used baleno with a LPG kit ?
did u refer the threads on "indian car scene " about how with the increase in LPG prices, its no longer attractive to have an LPG car ?

and moreover u really cannot enjoy the baleno fully if u LPG it...

lastly if u intend to just junk the kit, remember an LPG engine would have aged much more than one which ran on petrol...

i would advise u to let this car pass and look for something better..
Old 11th March 2008, 11:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

How long are you planning to keep the car if you buy it. Should be good for 3-4 years.

I have a 2004 Baleno - Still going strong after clocking nearly 40,000 Kms. It has never let me down and milage has never gone below 13kmpl. Couple of electrical problem (headlight fuse going off) because my mechanic is a lousy electrician. But fixed that now with new set of relays and bulbs. Also had to replace 1 power window assembly which cost a bomb (Rs 10k), but this was a one off case - I could have continued with the old power window case, but it was getting stuck once in a while.
Old 11th March 2008, 11:21   #4

Narayan thanks for the advice.

I am not keen on driving the car on LPG. But the car was fitted with an LPG about an year back, and has clocked roughly 10,000 km after that (as claimed).

I also checked with truevalue, they have balenos which are ridiculously priced (3.75 L for a 2004 model).

Should I let go of this car?
Old 11th March 2008, 11:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

pls let go off this car...especially since ur not using the kit...ur resale value would also be affected...

have u decided that Baleno is indeed the car u want to go for ? if thats the case, i would suggest u try for good deals in chennai - u can visit - TS MAHALINGAM used car showroom ( take help from chennai annas - they are very helpful - e.g nitrous, esteem_lover,supremebaleno and many more )

if ur open for other cars - it would help if u list down ur requirements from the car with budget and you will be SURPRISED to know how many options exist for u in the market
Old 11th March 2008, 11:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

This car should be worth less than 2.5L.
Old 11th March 2008, 12:59   #7

I took the car to the mechanic and told him the car was fitted with LPG kit.
He straight away refused to see the car and advised to let go of it. Said it would cost a lot if it gives any major problem due to LPG.

I am also considering Maruti Swift as an alternative. suggestions...
Old 11th March 2008, 13:04   #8
BHPian

In hyderabad I sold my 2005 Viva petrol (With ABS, expensive stereo), 4 more months valid insurance, scratch less for 3.3l.

I have done only 26k kms. Going by that you should be able to get it for 2.5 - 2.7 lakhs.
Old 11th March 2008, 14:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yes 2.5-2.7 would be a good buy.The price you have mentioned is way too high for that model.Or else try to get a newer version of baleno.Best balenos are 2000 model ones which has only SGP parts.
ram
Old 15th March 2008, 23:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

As everyone has suggested, the right price for this car would be around 2.7. Since u don't need the LPG kit, go for a normal petrol car, it would be cheaper too.
Old 17th March 2008, 09:25   #11

Bought a Indigo marina

Thanks all for the advice..

There have been a few changes lately and had to change my decision. The car would be driven around 1500 to 2000 km per month (considering my family would use it as well) I decided to go in for a diesel.

In fact had bought the below mentioned car

Model - Tata Indigo Marina (just love the space inside)
Make - 2005 june
Mileage - 35051 km
Insurance - 3rd party
color - silver
ICE - Not worth mentioning
Tyres - Original company fitted (should do another 10 k max)
Battery changed to brand new amaron15 days back with 3 yrs warranty
No dents or scratches
Windshield cracked
Overall very well maintained with full service history.

Though it (TATA) is not of my personal liking
went for it only for VFM and after driving palio D I would not want to comment on this one..

Thanks again

Most Viewed