Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Used viva crdi vs new Indigo CS

Is it advisable to buy a used viva crdi or a new Indigo CS?

IMHO, the pros of buying the viva are : a great and a bigger engine, great ride quality and good service. Maybe the cons are few - a 3 yr old model, low back seating, not a euro III compliant.

The pros of buying the CS are : a new model, euro III compliant, high back seating, good new headlights. The cons are : build and ride quality not as good as of the viva, leg room lesser than other Indigo modelsand a smaller 1400 cc engine with turbo lag.

Experienced team members, please give your valued suggestion and help me reach a decision. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen any Indogos flying. I have seen Viva's flying. That explains it all. IF you get a well maintained Viva, i think there is nothing like it.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the CS. Apart from all the pros that you mentioned, its also a very hardy/versatile car. I dont see any particular value-add on a used Viva over the CS.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:57   #4
BHPian

Be away from Viva CRDi. Fun to drive but may heavy on pocket to maintain.
Few stories regarding Assent CRDi engine on this forum may help.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

There is no warranty for Viva Crdi Sept 2007 or so and hence works can be costly.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

A new vehicle is always better than the older one. But in this case, would go for CS instead of VIVA.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:27   #7
BHPian

As far a I know, the leg room in CS is no less than other Indigo's (please xclude XL variant). Its the boot that has been cut to make the car sub 4M sedan.

Viva CRDI engine is much better than the one in CS. Tough decision mate...

Rajesh
Indica/Splendour/Nova/Winner
Old 12th March 2008, 12:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Viva is more powerfull and a good car.CS need not be that good a car.I would prefer viva over cs any day.Driving pleasure as well as brand value is more for hyundai than a tata-atleast in india.
ram
Old 12th March 2008, 12:41   #9
BHPian

I would anyday vote for Viva CRDi if its from a reliable source. You can take it for a tech evaluation to a dealers' workshop. This car is practically fail safe, rattle free and wonderful in all aspects including looks and value. I have drive one for almost 3 years 65K kms and I am pretty confident about its quality while I cant say so about the Indica that I owned and dont find much difference in Indigo either.

Of course negotiate as much as you can and dont worry about EURO III etc.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:43   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you want to drive yourself, get the Viva. Backseat transportation = Indigo.

Do also consider the cons of a 3 year old car versus a brand new car. Tata does offer a 4 year warranty option.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

nitin, your decision should be based on your needs. As other members have pointed out, are you going to drive or be driven? Is it more family transport or for enthusiastic driving? Are you prepared to live with a 3 year old car and the associated maintenance costs?

The Viva would be a good choice if it is a low mileage, well-maintained car. Ask for the service records and have it checked at your local Hyundai service station. Take it for a long test drive on not-so-good roads. If you are still not happy then the CS is your car.
Old 12th March 2008, 17:00   #12
BHPian

Viva if the car is reliable (well kept) otherwise a new one is anytime a better option.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:51   #13
BHPian

Looks as if the mind is winning the battle over the heart !!
There is an overwhelming advise by the members to go in for the new CS instead of the old viva.
Considering that my just-out-of-teens son also would be driving the car, it makes better sense not to have him behind the wheels of the 'flying' viva.
Tata is offering a 3 yr extended service option for just about 4,000. It makes better sense to have a car under warranty for 3 yrs than buy the used viva without any 'safety net'.
Maybe I should wait for the Tatas to come out, hopefully, with a bigger engine which would thrill us. But considering the fact that we tend to look at good FEs rather than the 'thrill' part of the car, I don't think Tatas will come out with a range of Fiat MJDs.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

If the viva crdi you have mentioned has an extended warranty most of the issues in your mind gets canceled.check it out with the owner or try for a 2 yrs old viva so that you can opt for an extended warranty for 3RD and 4rth year.
ram
Old 14th March 2008, 22:00   #15
BHPian

the viva crdi is anyday a better car than the CS.but a brand new car is always better than buying a used one.if u can find a low mileage and under 2 yrs old then go for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks