Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2005, 10:47   #1
BHPian

Hows the deal?? 4.75 for Vtec !

Hey friends, i am getting a vtec 2001, done 60,000kms in 4.75lacs (Negotiable) . Exteriors in good condition, interiors in good condition & suspension is in excellent condition. Hows the deal?? coz... . Vtec prices everywhere else are pretty high compare to these ones...!
Old 29th January 2005, 11:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jigar,

60,000 is a bit much especially since you dont know how the car has been driven and in what conditions. You can get lower mileage Vtecs for a asking price of 5. I would suggest dropping this example.

GTO
Old 29th January 2005, 11:59   #3
BANNED

4.4 or 4.5 max is the right price for it. what color is it and where is it located.
Old 29th January 2005, 12:06   #4
bhp
BHPian

u can get an nice well maintained low mileage vtec for 5 lakhs asking price !
so just drop this
Old 29th January 2005, 14:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, 60K might seem a lot, actually it is. But that doesn't necessarily mean the car isn't worth it.

Do a few checks on the car before you dismiss it.

The old honda citys had this problem with the power steering coil/sealant wearing out over a period of time. My Vtec which has done 47K now has this prob. There seems to be power steering fluid leaking from the right side drive shaft bushing.

Honda says there wont be any damage to the steering, it's just that the oil will keep dropping until i get it fixed. One off Dom's friend told me that his City 1.5 had the same prob and he got it re-sealed for a reasonable amount (at whitefield honda). There's no diff in the way my car's steering functions, it's smooth and problem free but the oil does leak (at a very slow pace). Check for this first.

Here are some images i took of the leak.

The arrow in the image shows where the problem can be seem from.

Check for tyre wear too. One of the biggest downsides of a fast car is it's ability to chew through it's tyres.
My 47K Bridgestone tyres, when compared to a new one of the same model.

And don't overlook any dents that might require the whole panel to be repainted. Mild scratches are ok, but dents can be a real pain.

This was caused by a bus that tried to cut across the car. Thankfully it isn't that big, but it'll still cost me 2000 bucks at a local paint shop since the whole wheel arch panel will have to be repainted.

And lastly, check all the alloy wheels for any sort of cracks and see to it that all the alloys have the honda logo cap on them (4 caps, since the spare tyre doesn't come with one).

They never fall off, but i managed to forget one on the road when i changed the tyre after our first flat.

Here's the alloy with the missing cap.

PS: Also check for clutch plate wear, usually cars do need a change by 60K.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 8th February 2005 at 15:22.
Old 30th January 2005, 13:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

The price at which u purchased is quite high. I was a v tech for 3.50 in an excellent condition with woofers ,lcd screen,dvd player and leather seats.the car was non accidental!!!
Old 30th January 2005, 13:33   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

you get better cheaper VTECs for less
Its official
shan2nu is the official VTEC know it all
Old 30th January 2005, 14:00   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir
The price at which u purchased is quite high. I saw a v tech for 3.50 in an excellent condition with woofers ,lcd screen,dvd player and leather seats.the car was non accidental!!!
what year was this car for so cheap ? getting a 2001 heather mist bombay reg. 30000 kms done vtec single owner. looks clean havent driven it for rs. 4.5 asking. neg. as well. what say guys ?
Old 30th January 2005, 14:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

a vtec for 3.50!
with all those extras!
u r one lucky guy
pics please
Old 30th January 2005, 16:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was a v tech for 3.50 in an excellent condition with woofers ,lcd screen,dvd player and leather seats.the car was non accidental!!!
Dude just the DVD player, LCD screen and woofers will cost most of that 3.5 price tag. LOL.

Obviously that car has been through some problem which the owner is trying to hide. Or he's not aware of the car's worth.

Shan2nu
Old 30th January 2005, 21:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey jesal

Got a good deal there. If in case you aren't picking her up, lemme know, cuz a friend of mine is looking for a VTEC for mods.

Revv
Old 31st January 2005, 00:00   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hey Shan2nu,

Your tires DESPERATELY need to be replaced man!!! Please take it easy with these tires...they are really bad!!

Thats a really great comparison picture though!

cya
R
Old 31st January 2005, 00:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your tires DESPERATELY need to be replaced man!!! Please take it easy with these tires...they are really bad!!
Yeah i know, wil prob goto the Bridgestone guy here and take a look at the Potenza range he has, but my heart is set on the GS D2s, they look great and are very performance friendly.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks