Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme

It is possible to buy a brand new Camry under EPCG Scheme (If ur entity got Net +ve Forex annually)

Sharing a PPT
<iframe src='http://docs.google.com/EmbedSlideshow?docid=dgk5tq5v_124gb9rh8fn' frameborder='0' width='410' height='342'></iframe>
Attached Thumbnails
Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme-slide5.jpg  

Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme-slide6.jpg  

Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme-slide7.jpg  

Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme-slide8.jpg  

Camry at the price of Corolla? The EPCG scheme-slide31.jpg  

btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2008, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

thanks for putting up the chart
we knew of the EPCG but thanks for these details
Old 21st March 2008, 15:36   #3
BHPian

This is nice bit of info. What is EPCG expands to any way ?

How often do you know companies using this method of purchase? If it is used often then, is this the reason many manufacturers are sticking to CBU though they could sell more cars if the build it here?

I Think a Corolla/Civic locally assembled can give the SX4 a run for its money.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

this is probably for the old camry since theres no way the onroad price of the new one is 20l
Old 21st March 2008, 16:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
this is probably for the old camry since theres no way the onroad price of the new one is 20l
No its for the new camry.

U must have seen JW Marriot has an entire fleet of beige metallic ones.
Old 21st March 2008, 16:22   #6
BHPian

I am sure all the hoteliers, travel agents, and tour operators must be using this scheme to the fullest. Any idea as to how people like you and me can avail of such schemes?
Old 21st March 2008, 16:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Aint such cars supposed to have a Black/Yellow number plate ? Like the ones Hertz/Avis use ?
Old 21st March 2008, 16:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
I am sure all the hoteliers, travel agents, and tour operators must be using this scheme to the fullest. Any idea as to how people like you and me can avail of such schemes?
Thats why I started this thread. We just need to locate which of our close contacts are into the businesses that qualify for this. I am sure we wont mind driving cars with Taxi registration. How does it matter. Get a Uniform for your Driver and "u have arrived"
Old 21st March 2008, 17:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Thats why I started this thread. We just need to locate which of our close contacts are into the businesses that qualify for this. I am sure we wont mind driving cars with Taxi registration. How does it matter. Get a Uniform for your Driver and "u have arrived"
Doesn't maintaining taxi registration attract fee and taxes which needs to be paid every year ?
Old 21st March 2008, 17:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Thats why I started this thread....Get a Uniform for your Driver and "u have arrived"
Easier said than done my friend. About establishing some contacts in the business is okay. But everyone cannot employ a chauffeur, atleast not me to drive the "taxi" thus so to be called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Doesn't maintaining taxi registration attract fee and taxes which needs to be paid every year ?
to this. Is it not easy to pay one time RTO charge rather than paying charges every year.
And besides that what about the resale value of these cars!!?? The car must be totally personal, but ultimately you are selling a "taxi" right?
Old 21st March 2008, 17:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

I don't think normal people(ppl not eligiblr for this scheme) can buy these cars new. The cars can only be sold by the first owner after some 5/6 years. Some time back, a lot of cars which were illegaly sold were seized by the govt. It was after this i think that the yellow board rule came into place.
Old 21st March 2008, 18:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well if you remember a year or two back a lot of imported cars and their owners got into a fine mess. The reason being they had got their imported car using this route. Most of the cine stars got hauled up for the same.

For business purposes (read hotels, chauffeured services etc) it is valid, however the moment you use it for personal purposes you are essentially breaking the law. Some of the cars actually got re-registered in the owner's name too with a little bit of help from the money happy RTO's.
Old 21st March 2008, 18:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

I might add that the DRI keep checking on whether these cars are actually used for the purpose by sending decay enquiries
Old 21st March 2008, 19:13   #14
BHPian

Actually its not necessary to use your car as a taxi. Provided that the car is used for the purpose of earning foreign currency ( which is eight times the duty saved on your car to be earned in 5 years). There are atleast 100 forms/procedures to go through before you can avail of this scheme, it is not as easy it looks. I remember autocar featured an article about this sometime ago.
Old 21st March 2008, 19:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I might add that the DRI keep checking on whether these cars are actually used for the purpose by sending decay enquiries
Ajmat, what's decay enquiries?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks