Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 14:52   #16
BHPian

I have gone through similar dilemma last year and hence, did a lot of research on these two cars. The reviews and threads on Laura on this forum have really scared me away from it despite the fact that I had almost befriended the salesperson with my umpteen visits and test drives. But I couldnt decide in favour of Laura.

Accord I didnt buy because I have been reading a lot about the impending launch of new models. Last month( Feb) on my return to India when I desperately needed to buy a car and was almost decided, the dealer said there are no Accord AT in stock and next lot may arrive in May only.

IMHO, both cars are very good in their own ways - so tempting. Wait for the new accord , test drive and see what your want and which you liked. If you want to drive yourself- Laura may be more exciting ( not in the sense of accleration / pick up but with a host of options and goodies with its DSG, cruise control, sunroof , etc. including running cost( diesel) and feature rich but if you hire a driver, then Accord is way ahead.

As far as maintenance is concerned, Laura has had its own share of horror stories so make sure that you discuss after sales support with the sales guys at dealership , in case you go for Laura.

Last edited by shatrughna : 1st April 2008 at 14:55.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:23   #17
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

25000 plus kms a year go for the Laura, for lesser kms go for the Accord.
Self Driven go for the Laura, Chauffer driven go for the Accord.
Chauffer driven definately do not go for the Laura.
If you do pile up miles and make outstation trips, the Accord will sip heavily on those trips and discourage those, the Laura maintenance will probably still prove cheaper than the fuel disadvantage, do remember Laura is Diesel and hence the chearper and more more efficent fuel.
Accord rear sit is much better between the two.

Choose based on the above parameters.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

ACM, you bumped up a year old thread
Old 9th March 2009, 15:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
ACM, you bumped up a year old thread
Exactly what I found out. Now it is a different ball game---the Superb is getting launched for around 19.5 lacs very soon!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks