Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 02:04   #61
BHPian

Not surprised and disappointed. Have you seen that ad of an insurance comapny where they show that after retirement, they can finally do anything they want. Makes me think of all the folks who do that kind of adjustments in real life too.

Saddened by your decision. Like Rtech once said,

"Just go out there and try it and it'll become clear in a heartbeat."
Old 18th April 2008, 06:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by googly View Post
i am facing the same dilemma, i own a wagonR july 2006 model, its vxi, run 19000 kms, now thinking of upgrading, my budget is strictly upto 7 lacs, shortlisted SX4 zxi, (ex showroom 7.11lakhs, they are providing free insurance over this) Ford Fiesta diesel (7.05lakhs...no discount), Maruti swift Dzire (but waiting period of 4 months:()

which car should i go for?? my concerns are

1. FE
2. Maintenance cost
3. Looks and feel inside the vehicle
4. driving comfort
Just 2 nayapaisa from my side
Aveo 1.4 Base comes for 7.06 OTR and now they give upto 30discount on this. The next version LS is 7.45 and you get 30K discount on this too. These discounts and price are from bangalore.
All model comes with MP3 player and minimum 4 speakers.

1. FE -> Shoud be on par with SX4
2. Maintenance cost -> Due to the 3 yrs free warranty, should be low
3. Looks and feel -> certainly Aveo. The LS option comes with gray interiors, but still finishing is so great.
4. driving comfort. -> I cant comment much since i have not driven for long. But Aveo was looking better than SX4 in my TD.

You have not mentioned the resale value, so I assume that you dont care about that at all.

I heard from friends that GM is coming up with new plant and will be opertional before end of this year. So, the capacity would be atleast doubled. This shows how serious GM is in India. This may also help in reducing price or giving more discounts.

P.S. Above is my personal opinon after trying Lancer, Safari, Scorpio (yes i did that too), SX4.
Old 18th April 2008, 09:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Not surprised and disappointed. Have you seen that ad of an insurance comapny where they show that after retirement, they can finally do anything they want. Makes me think of all the folks who do that kind of adjustments in real life too.

Me too very disappointed with the interiors of TATA. Scorpio is much better in interiors than Safari. I have heard several people saying cheap quality about TATA interiors. But still thought its should be ok to go for. Never thought it would be so cheap that I could not live with it. Otherwise, imagine i was with my document to get it booked 2 days back in the showroom, but just came back empty hand. You know, I just asked the sales guy why is it so cheap. Was even surprised by his response. "Yes sir, it is. But it sells." No offence, but its just me who don't want to keep waking up in that interior every day.

Safari as such is really a great beast if looked on the road, from outside. So, i have decided to continue my love to keep loving this beast when seen on the road. Owners, please don't bounce on me since I love yours
Old 18th April 2008, 11:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post

Saddened????

Adjustments????

Everybody has there own priorities and possibily in this case 'cheap looking interiors' and 'difficulty in parking' was NOT the priority !!!

Chill !!

PS: It feels great to see the status changing to "BHPian" !!

Last edited by an10 : 18th April 2008 at 11:38.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:02   #65
BHPian

Hi mjothi,
Nice to know that You have booked a aveo.Great to know that u always wanted to love a safari than owning it.
Old 18th April 2008, 18:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

When you expect something to be perfect, thats the time when it is in most imperfect shape

Today the sales manager spoke and said I need to pay 17K for 3 yrs Chevy warranty. But as per the sales person who dealt with me, this was offered free. After much discussion the sales manager says that this is not the first time the sales person has goofed and adds that he will consider and reduce some amount. To make sure we are in same page we have planned to discuss this on Monday.

Our company have already giventhe P.O to Sundaram motors. I am not sure what are the options in front of me now. Should I accept this negotiation or end up paying 17K (Should be from me since the P.O is priced without this component) for the 3 year cashless ownership? If so, is there anything else where we can get this compensated? The problem is, there is no standard additional accessories needed in this limited edition, it comes fully loaded. How to go about this?

Can you please let me know?
Old 18th April 2008, 20:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Today the sales manager spoke and said I need to pay 17K for 3 yrs Chevy warranty. But as per the sales person who dealt with me, this was offered free. After much discussion the sales manager says that this is not the first time the sales person has goofed and adds that he will consider and reduce some amount. To make sure we are in same page we have planned to discuss this on Monday.
Looks like the sales manager is playing the age old good cop-bad cop trick. Call his bluff! If we go by his theory - the sales guy has done this multiple times and he knows this. That means he's party to this and he is allowing fooling of customers.

If you want to pay hardball - you might want to check if you can legally cancel the the P.O. Make sure you know how things work out as the legal complications can be difficult. Be aware that there is also a possibility you may not end up buying it if they don't give in.

Or you can try your negotiation skills. Possibly you can keep the PO on hold till negotiation is complete (proceeding with PO and negotiating may not gain much) and hopefully you can still come out with the car smelling like roses

Think long and hard - may be there are angles and options which are not explored.
Old 18th April 2008, 21:15   #68
BHPian

you might want to consider this against the aveo even though it's a BIT old:
Don't trust the Indian Media!: K's Honest Cars.... (Reviews)

lancer: outdated and from my own experiences buying a used car, resale value is low. oh and did i mention that GM/chevy resale value is worse? optras for 5 lakhs. opel astras for 1.2 lakhs?

SX4: maruti resale value is pretty high... apart from that i don't know much about this car... looks good IMO

another one for you to consider maybe honda city. great resale value, best FE i believe in it's class and i shouldn't say too much more since it's a honda
Old 18th April 2008, 23:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi,

Great to know that you have taken the plunge!

It might have been difficult, you having gone through such a lot of choices and options!

About the 17k, as Skywalker said, this seems to be just plain &*(&^&**(^!

Do not give in too easily. If the SM knew about the sales guy, then he should have taken care the same is not repeated again. Why be a mute spectator and go about correcting the error again and again.
Old 20th April 2008, 18:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
When you expect something to be perfect, thats the time when it is in most imperfect shape

Our company have already giventhe P.O to Sundaram motors. I am not sure what are the options in front of me now. Should I accept this negotiation or end up paying 17K (Should be from me since the P.O is priced without this component) for the 3 year cashless ownership? If so, is there anything else where we can get this compensated? The problem is, there is no standard additional accessories needed in this limited edition, it comes fully loaded. How to go about this?

Can you please let me know?
10 days back when I bought the Aveo - I paid 12.5K for the 3 year cashless plan. I checked this with 3 dealers and all of them quoted same. I dealder tried playing a little smart by quoting 15K initially but came down to 12500/-. Try doing the same.

I don't think this rate should be different in bangalore.
Old 20th April 2008, 21:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
10 days back when I bought the Aveo - I paid 12.5K for the 3 year cashless plan. I checked this with 3 dealers and all of them quoted same. I dealder tried playing a little smart by quoting 15K initially but came down to 12500/-. Try doing the same.

I don't think this rate should be different in bangalore.
This is really confusing factor. Vijay motors says this comes free with the OTR price, but sundram says we need to pay 17K for the same.

I checked with GM, they too say that the offer is a free (except for Spark) from GM and customer dont need to pay anything. Sent a mail to GM, let me see what comes "officially".
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, i canceled my booking today. I feel that they were trying to get me a 2007 model. They keep insisting that he can give the chassis number & engine number for processing and i can have the car alloted. But i kept demanding that i want to see the car before alloting. So many excuses for not showing the car. i was about to ask them to give in writing about the 17K for cashless promise offer. But, Finally he came up with some lame excuses and I decided to cancel the booking. You cannot do any business with such a person who keep changing his own words.
Currently, not deciding on anything. just want to let my mind relax since I am not in a good mood. So, any decision taken would only lead to more disaster.
Dropped a complaint mail to GM about this "behavior" of Sundaram motors. Whether its gonna help or not, I did my part. Thats it.

Anyway, I have also decided to update this post ONLY when i get the Key for my car and its delivered to me
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

What the hell!!! Just finished replying to Sajan's thread and now this!!!

Seems like all vehicle dealers are trying to milk the customer to the core!!!

Sorry to hear about the cancellation, MJothi. I hope that things work out well for you.

And yes, hope the next post of yours in this thread is one which has a picture of your besides your new ride! :-)
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:51   #74
BHPian

so sad to know that the dealers are trying to play the game and push customers to the corner.
Dont worry,Things will workout better for you.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi Quite sad to hear about the cancellation. Cant believe Dealers are taking customers for a ride . Dont worry we hope you do get update this post soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks