Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 17:29   #1
BANNED

honda city or lancer or baleno

hey friends i want to buy a second hand car. i want a car with decent mileage and low running cost. which car should i buy honda city or lancer petrol or diesel. i like lancer more than city but there is a problem in availability of spares of lancer which seems a problem , parts are also expensive. plz suggest a car my budget is upto 2.5lakh.i also want to add maruti suzuki baleno.

Last edited by harry2223 : 13th April 2008 at 17:46.
Old 13th April 2008, 21:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Harry the best bet for the budget would be the Honda City . If you get a Lancer at that price i would doubt on the maintenance as its a diesel .
Old 13th April 2008, 22:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

@ Harry: If you want Good FE, Honda City is the choice. Lancer/Baleno will not give the FE as you are expectig and the spares of lancer will also be a problem compared to honda city.

You can also look into Hyundai Accent CRDI. It is a little costlier but you can get all the things you have mentioned above.
Old 14th April 2008, 08:09   #4
BANNED

i am not much worried about fe 13 14 without ac is ok but i would mainly consider the maintainence part. is honda city cheaper to maintain and are the parts available easily.

am not considering accent as somebody told me it is not a great car as compared to honda city or lancer

Last edited by harry2223 : 14th April 2008 at 08:11.
Old 14th April 2008, 11:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
i am not much worried about fe 13 14 without ac is ok but i would mainly consider the maintainence part. is honda city cheaper to maintain and are the parts available easily.

am not considering accent as somebody told me it is not a great car as compared to honda city or lancer

Harry there is nothing you should worry about a Honda badge. Honda will give you a peace of mind !
Old 14th April 2008, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi lancer is in production and hence worrying about spares is the last thing that should be on your mind when comparing these 3 cars. Also they are now way cheaper than what the prices used to be. Again baleno has been discontinued recently and its being a maruti, spares wont be a problem in availability or price. I wont comment on OHC as I dont have much info but its been sometime since the phase out.

On the resale front baleno afaik is supposed to have the lowest resale followed by lancer petrol. Hence you can get a car in better condition for your budget. the case wont be the same with Honda city or Lancer Diesel.

I would recommend the baleno as it has a better a/c and cheaper spares. Also you get the option to buy one from true value where the car will be certified.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:11   #7
BHPian

You will get support for Baleno for another 7 years. I guess they stopped the Baleno in 2006. So that would be support till 2013. That is what my service advisor told me.

Pradeep
Old 14th April 2008, 13:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

Baleno will be more fuel efficient than a Lancer, but it lacks the looks of the other two mentioned here. Moreover there is more snob value associated with a Mitsu or a Honda than Suzuki.
Old 14th April 2008, 14:58   #9
BHPian

Go for the Honda City - it is efficient, and should not be costly to maintain.

BTW - at your price (2.5 lacs) you will get a car atleast 4-5 years old and any car this old is bound to make you spend a lot on it which can defeat the entire purpose of buying a low priced car.

An unwanted suggestion could be to go for a smaller car (1-2 years old) which obviously will not be as costly to maintain as any 'big' car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks