Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 23:14   #1
BHPian

Lancer Cedia - Question before I buy (Owners welcome!)

After months of searching for the right car for Mumbai, I think I've decided to go for a used Cedia ALPG.

Here's my dilemma - I fell in love with the Bright Red color, listed as available only on the Sport trim. This breaks my heart, because the ALPG powered is only available in Select trim. This color is the deal breaker and I won't purchase the car without it.

Any suggestions?

Repainting is always an option, but thats nothing like a factory coat and an option I'd rather avoid.
Old 25th April 2008, 23:26   #2
BHPian

Used ALPG Cedia??

The APLG option came into Cedia in Nov 07. I bought it in Dec 07. Surprising to see that you could get the used ones in the market already.

Color is an abject issue. Its best to deal with it within the family.
Old 25th April 2008, 23:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I don't see a problem with repainting. Get it done at a quality place and you might get a paintjob that is even better than a factory job.

Getting a used car in good condition is a very tough ask, so if all parameters apart from the colour are met, then I would suggest you go for it. Cosmetics can always be altered at a later time - just ensure the basic mechanicals and overall condition are fine.
Old 26th April 2008, 00:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

a) its difficult to get a good used Cedia. getting a LPG cedia is going to be even more difficult
b) repaint it at a reputed workshop and there should not be any issues other than the fact that you will not have the car in possession for atleast 2weeks and the RTO issue.
Old 26th April 2008, 01:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

You need to get a little real. First, Cedias are not easy to come by, add to it you want the LPG option which came in the last quarter of 07 and then you stress on the red color.
All we can say is "wish you good luck with your search". As Joe suggested, its best to discuss with family about the color.
Old 26th April 2008, 09:20   #6

You need to talk to the dealer, My wife wanted Ashton Grey (available in Select & spirits) I wanted nothing less than sports. When I mentioned this to the dealer he offered Ashton Grey in sports version for 10K extra

Moderator's note: External [FONT] and [SIZE] tags removed. Please ensure all such external tags are removed and your post is fully readable.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th April 2008 at 10:16.
Old 26th April 2008, 10:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
You need to get a little real. First, Cedias are not easy to come by, add to it you want the LPG option which came in the last quarter of 07 and then you stress on the red color.
All we can say is "wish you good luck with your search". As Joe suggested, its best to discuss with family about the color.
I think I'm as "real" as they come. Cedia's are not hard to come by. Used LPG Cedias are harder, but I've seen two sold under my nose. The red color is what makes this one improbable - hence my post for advice on this board.
Old 26th April 2008, 10:49   #8
BHPian

@mrvenka - He is talking about a used car.
@Scredriva - I think you can get it repainted at the HM service center. It is definitely not easy to get a used Cedia ALPG. If you don't mind, can you share the price of the Cedia?
Old 26th April 2008, 15:28   #9
BHPian

Used Cedia prices

The used Cedia prices I've seen are 6.10 lacs for the Petrol and 7 lacs for ALPG. Both were in great shape and this is after negotiations.

Service stations don't necessarily do a good job. Being HM, I was a little weary. I don't know how much they charge, but GM dealers asked for Rs. 50,000 for repainting an Optra.
Old 27th April 2008, 15:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
The used Cedia prices I've seen are 6.10 lacs for the Petrol and 7 lacs for ALPG. Both were in great shape and this is after negotiations.
Those are great prices! How old were the petrol Cedia? I am surprised that there are so many used Cedias.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:29   #11
BHPian

you can get any model of the cedia, in all the available colours they have, there is a 2 month waiting. my friend has a SPIRIT in yellow. talk to another dealer if this one squeals.
strange he didn't give you this option.
Old 29th April 2008, 05:25   #12
BHPian

Thanks but...

...will the dealer do the same for a used car? I intend to purchase a used Cedia ALPG, not new.

I'd probably do the whole body dealer body kit/ tail lights etc. as well
Old 29th April 2008, 10:15   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
After months of searching for the right car for Mumbai, I think I've decided to go for a used Cedia ALPG.

Here's my dilemma - I fell in love with the Bright Red color, listed as available only on the Sport trim. This breaks my heart, because the ALPG powered is only available in Select trim. This color is the deal breaker and I won't purchase the car without it.

Any suggestions?

Repainting is always an option, but thats nothing like a factory coat and an option I'd rather avoid.
In that case why can't you look for Cedia Sport LPG?. I believe this is available though it's not mentioned on the website, but available on the dealer price list.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:52   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
In that case why can't you look for Cedia Sport LPG?. I believe this is available though it's not mentioned on the website, but available on the dealer price list.
I did not know that! As far as I know, it Sport does not come with LPG.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
I did not know that! As far as I know, it Sport does not come with LPG.
The sports Lpg in Mumbai on the Road is 10.73L. The price list I carry is of last week from HM Direct showroom "Autodrome" Malad, Mumbai.

Last edited by rapideffect : 29th April 2008 at 14:25. Reason: forgot few more lines to add

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks