Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 13:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

@Aks, if you have a verna already at home. It is suicidal to buy another unless you like to look at them side by side daily. Go for a Fiesta and IMO, the fiesta in white with black chrome alloys looks super hot.

@Rippergeo, you get 16kmpl with 100% AC is a phenomenal achievement. I don't know what the traffic situation in Cochin is. Is it bumper to bumper like we have in Blore, Delhi. Mumbai and Hyd? My Viva CRDI gives me approximately 14kmpl with about 70% AC and i too drive all the time with a heavy foot.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:03   #17
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

@Rippergeo, you get 16kmpl with 100% AC is a phenomenal achievement. I don't know what the traffic situation in Cochin is. Is it bumper to bumper like we have in Blore, Delhi. Mumbai and Hyd? My Viva CRDI gives me approximately 14kmpl with about 70% AC and i too drive all the time with a heavy foot.
it is not that bad in cochin. I use side roads most of the time where traffic flows nicely.i stay away from heavy traffic. wont be able to travel faster than 30-40, but, the speed is constant. the engine stays in between 1500-2000 all the time in the city. rarely goes above 2500rpm.

Old 30th April 2008, 15:24   #18
BHPian

The versions of Verna and Fiesta that you have mentioned has its own merits. Verna has more power and if that is what has you thinking which to choose, easier would be to think how much of a difference that power is going to make.

On a day to day basis, it doesn't make much difference. Stop and go traffic will not let you exercise that power to the hilt. If you look at FE (that is if you are running things on a budget), it makes sense here. Fiesta gives more FE than Verna in city, while on highway the margin between the two is less. I own a Fiesta and can tell you that it does not feel under-powered and can attain good speeds, handles well and is stable. I have taken it till 140kmph and then ratted out!!! It had more left to go on. Only negative would be the absence of ABS in Zxi.

My highway use is more than city use as I keep travelling to my home town in Kerala from Bangalore, and it has given me consistent 20kmpl or above, with AC on always. Ford service till now has been a good experience for me (touch-wood maybe, based on what I read here).
Old 30th April 2008, 17:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
The versions of Verna and Fiesta that you have mentioned has its own merits. Verna has more power and if that is what has you thinking which to choose, easier would be to think how much of a difference that power is going to make.

On a day to day basis, it doesn't make much difference. Stop and go traffic will not let you exercise that power to the hilt. If you look at FE (that is if you are running things on a budget), it makes sense here. Fiesta gives more FE than Verna in city, while on highway the margin between the two is less. I own a Fiesta and can tell you that it does not feel under-powered and can attain good speeds, handles well and is stable. I have taken it till 140kmph and then ratted out!!! It had more left to go on. Only negative would be the absence of ABS in Zxi.

My highway use is more than city use as I keep travelling to my home town in Kerala from Bangalore, and it has given me consistent 20kmpl or above, with AC on always. Ford service till now has been a good experience for me (touch-wood maybe, based on what I read here).
Is there any rattling issues in Fiesta like swift?
Till now my brother's verna doesn't have any issues.
what is the exact FE in City and highway with 100% AC in Fiesta ?
Old 30th April 2008, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think he meant ratted out like chickened out and slowed down.
Old 30th April 2008, 18:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I haven't heard of any sedan having rattling issues ( maybe SX4) and FE won't be a huge difference when you compare it with Verna. It all depends on how you drive and where you drive.
Old 30th April 2008, 18:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Till now I've not had any rattling issues. The fit and finish feels pretty solid. Exact FE I get in city is 16-17kmpl and on highway is about 20-21kmpl. I've the AC ON always. Even if I stop for pee breaks or fuel and such, I keep the Car/AC running. And I usually dont switch off in signals. I know, I know, all you environmentalists out there is going to curse, but I like being comfy!

And I can infact vouch for the solid build of suspension components. I once rammed onto a low-divider to avoid collision, with my brakes at full, tyring to stop. Was doing about 60kmph and nothing happened. The car just bumped onto the divider. I had expected my front right to be damaged completely, and lucky me (Thank God) did not have one scratch on my car or self.
Old 30th April 2008, 20:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I haven't heard of any sedan having rattling issues ( maybe SX4) and FE won't be a huge difference when you compare it with Verna. It all depends on how you drive and where you drive.
I have heard a lot of niggling problem in Fiesta.
The rattling issues and electrical problems.
Old 30th April 2008, 21:43   #24
rippergeo

Quote:
I have heard a lot of niggling problem in Fiesta.
The rattling issues and electrical problems.
thats a new one! check with the other fiesta owners. have not seen a lot of that on the forum or heard it elsewhere.I thought ford's build quality was pretty good.

saying that- the verna has been tortured for 15000kms at some pretty stupid speeds and not a squeak yet(touch wood)

Old 30th April 2008, 21:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

I'm owning a petrol Fiesta, but have never faced any rattling issues. My pals have diesel Fiestas, and they too are rattle free for the past one and half years.
As regards choosing between Verna and Fiesta, it is your call. But I've read that the diesel Fiesta has better low-end grunt than the Verna in city traffic. The Verna's turbo clicks in at higher rpm, and from that rpm level, it is much faster than a Fiesta.
But in day to day commute in thick traffic, Fiesta holds sway, and it is only on highways does it lose out to the Verna.
I've also read that Verna's headlights are very poor and need changing. High speed stablility issues have been reported about Verna on this forum. Many Verna owners have had problems with their left rear door too. Not sure if these have been rectified.
So to conclude, if you drive on highways more, then go for the rocket--Verna. But do check if Hyundai has done something to improve its handling at high speeds.
That is my two cents for you.
Old 30th April 2008, 22:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Buddie go for the Fiesta. Since you already have a Verna in your family.
The *** of Ford has quite improved in most places.
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Till now I've not had any rattling issues. The fit and finish feels pretty solid. Exact FE I get in city is 16-17kmpl and on highway is about 20-21kmpl. I've the AC ON always. Even if I stop for pee breaks or fuel and such, I keep the Car/AC running. And I usually dont switch off in signals. I know, I know, all you environmentalists out there is going to curse, but I like being comfy!

And I can infact vouch for the solid build of suspension components. I once rammed onto a low-divider to avoid collision, with my brakes at full, tyring to stop. Was doing about 60kmph and nothing happened. The car just bumped onto the divider. I had expected my front right to be damaged completely, and lucky me (Thank God) did not have one scratch on my car or self.
Thanx,if you get 16+ Kmpl in City with 100% AC.it's a very good FE
But i want know about the high speed braking.without ABS is it ok for High speed run.
I too planned to buy ZXi if i go for Fiesta.
Sxi has all but the Audio system is too bad with No MP3 playback. :(
for 9L+ car they would have given MP3 and Aux in.
Buying Zxi and install JBL's and Good Head Set makes happy.
meanwhile what is the Audio Setup in your car.
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx,if you get 16+ Kmpl in City with 100% AC.it's a very good FE
But i want know about the high speed braking.without ABS is it ok for High speed run.
I too planned to buy ZXi if i go for Fiesta.
Sxi has all but the Audio system is too bad with No MP3 playback. :(
for 9L+ car they would have given MP3 and Aux in.
Buying Zxi and install JBL's and Good Head Set makes happy.
meanwhile what is the Audio Setup in your car.
I have had a few instances when i had to brake hard. One being the divider climb and other during rains. Till now i've not felt the car step out or any brake fade even under hard braking. ABS would be an advantage and thats the only thing that I miss on my car. I would advice you on ABS. But then yes, the price difference between Zxi and Sxi versions of Fiesta needs to be considered.

ICE: Pioneer headset (with USB) and 4 JBL speakers. I have not put in an amp or a sub. Prefer the crisp bass more than the boom type!!! PS: Dont go for black, its really really tough to maintain!!!
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Unni,
where have you installed speakers ?in default place.
possible give me the models of speakers u used.any tweeters?
heard in front door speaker size is 5*7 and there is no roof antenna in Zxi?
probably i'll go for platinum or Silver color
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Verna Bro !! It is a great combination of looks & power.

The Fiesta is a very good car But low on power so the fun factor is Missing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks