Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 13:10   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
the problem with Sxi is its audio system.
it even not supporting Mp3.
Meanwhile i heard the news of Fiesta 1.6 Diesel launched soon from a reliable source.
so planned to wait for some more months
the waiting continues..
There is news of an upgrade in the Fiesta and a possible introduction of 1.6 TDCI happening next month. You will find a separate thread on that (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-facelift.html)

So it would make sense for you to wait for a month. You could either get a new model with upgraded features or you could bargain for the old model and get a big discount.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanas View Post
More accidents in verna because of its over power... Crashes Frequently u can chkout our accident pic in our forum
IMO its incorrect statement. How many vernas you have seen crashed?

You cannot just say that accidents are happening because of more power. It can happen very well with amby and M800 if you dont drive well.

What do others say?

Well coming to the point - See dude Verna is over priced. If you can afford Verna then buy it.
Fords spares still cost a bomb and you know that hyundai service is any day better compared to fords. Also hyundai service is available in most of the district places where as ford is available in big cities.

I am sending my chevy Spark to my native (parents will be using) and the nearest service centre is 220KM from my place i.e hyderabad. Hyundai has a service centre in my place. Always more number of service centres keeps you cool.

Last edited by djay99 : 15th May 2008 at 14:31.
Old 15th May 2008, 16:38   #78
rippergeo

Quote:
Hi Verna is pwrful i do accept.. But what r u gonna do with City drive? Its useless and For Longdrive may be a difference of 3 Sec for 0 to 100 Kmph.. Will it make sense?
cochin to trivandrum takes 3hrs in a pete'd swift. takes 2 hrs in a verna. you need a more emphatic point?

Quote:
Jus have a look at both cars quality and finish.. U Fall to Fiesta..
More refined engine ,,,
hyundai's build quality is brilliant. just as good as ford's.
what car do you drive? I have a verna and a ford in the family. I feel I can compare the two brands quite fairly.

Quote:
More important... More accidents in verna because of its over power... Crashes Frequently u can chkout our accident pic in our forum
by that logic, the least powerful vehicle would be the safest.
buy a maini reva. feel safe.

Old 15th May 2008, 17:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx Unni.hmmmmm
This Thread is to take decision between these two cars only.
already i have confused and compared all diesel cars in indian market and finally ended up with these two cars.
Please give some suggestions and your views about these two cars.
This will help me on deciding a Good car for me
I think you have got all the info you would need, plus you have driven both. Now, just follow your heart. Its your money, its your wish!!! Simple. Which would you prefer to drive around? Which do you feel more comfortable in? Which would you prefer to be seen in?

Take your time and answer these questions. You will have your choice. You can't go wrong either ways, infact. Both cars have their cons & pros and you know it all now from the innumerable replies you have received. Like we say in our industry, you have all the data & information, its just upto you now. Happy Decsion Making
Old 15th May 2008, 19:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I completely agree rippergeo.

Even an old Premier padmini will work

Karthik,
Please keep us updated.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the problem with Sxi is its audio system.
it even not supporting Mp3.
Meanwhile i heard the news of Fiesta 1.6 Diesel launched soon from a reliable source.
so planned to wait for some more months
the waiting continues..
Good decision to wait, Karthik. As regards the audio system, the only problem is that it does not support mp3/ aux connection. There are no other issues with it, and it sounds far, far better than stock systems of even cars from a higher segment.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:18   #82

Quote:
cochin to trivandrum takes 3hrs in a pete'd swift. takes 2 hrs in a verna. you need a more emphatic point?

I accept .. But 33% time difference sounds unimaginable ... May be your mindset made this happen... Hope DDIS n VGT are similar performers.. may be 10% maxx Difference will be there...

hyundai's build quality is brilliant. just as good as ford's.
what car do you drive? I have a verna and a ford in the family. I feel I can compare the two brands quite fairly.

Build quality is ok.. but checkout fit n finish inside and outside too... not jus look... Have a deep view..

Doesn't mean underpower always safe... increase in power should also have certain safety features... Comparin with fiesta more accidents with verna.. doesn't mean like SUMO's in late 90's
Old 11th June 2008, 10:30   #83
BHPian

Hyundai cars are not reliable. Their low quality will be seen after 2-3 years. You will see a lot of complaints. I could point out 3 Incidents.

One of my friend was driving from Bangalore to Kerala, on the way there was a gutter and he could not escape from that and as a result his chasis bent. He had to change the chasis fully.

I witnessed an accident in Kerala (near kottayam), An Accent hit a bus and after 5 minutes its petrol tank bursted eventhough the accident was not major one.

One of my colleague has a Santro. It turned just 3 now. When you drive for some time the engine will turn off automatically. For next 5-10 minutes you can't start the engine again and the sad part is that the service engineers could not able to identify the problem till date. He has been facing this for more than 3 months.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:36   #84
BHPian

One more point forgot to add WRT Verna. The Engine-gear ratio is very bad. If you change the gear then You "FEEL" it
Old 26th July 2008, 09:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Guys,

I want these thread to be alive again.
As i cancelled GetZ Crdi booking.I am in search for a Good sedan.
I am more inclined towards Ford Fiesta Sxi Tdci Moon Dust Silver.
Today I am going for TD for both Fiesta and Verna.
I need to book a car by today or Monday.
Old 26th July 2008, 13:27   #86
rippergeo

Quote:
Sorry Guys,

I want these thread to be alive again.
As i cancelled GetZ Crdi booking.I am in search for a Good sedan.
I am more inclined towards Ford Fiesta Sxi Tdci Moon Dust Silver.
Today I am going for TD for both Fiesta and Verna.
I need to book a car by today or Monday.
Karthik, are you not willing to wait for the 1.6 litre TDCi from ford? it will be the perfect driver's car. with that brilliant chassis and the extra 200cc of common rail, there will be nothing as enjoyable as that car.

Old 26th July 2008, 13:50   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hai it won't be coming near future.
I already enquired in Ford and now inclined towards Fiesta Sxi Tdci.
Old 26th July 2008, 19:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hyundai cars are not reliable. Their low quality will be seen after 2-3 years. You will see a lot of complaints. I could point out 3 Incidents.

One of my friend was driving from Bangalore to Kerala, on the way there was a gutter and he could not escape from that and as a result his chasis bent. He had to change the chasis fully.

I witnessed an accident in Kerala (near kottayam), An Accent hit a bus and after 5 minutes its petrol tank bursted eventhough the accident was not major one.

One of my colleague has a Santro. It turned just 3 now. When you drive for some time the engine will turn off automatically. For next 5-10 minutes you can't start the engine again and the sad part is that the service engineers could not able to identify the problem till date. He has been facing this for more than 3 months.
I was also facing a similar problem in my Santro. Replacing the fuel pump solved my problem.
Old 27th July 2008, 00:42   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Verna is pwrful i do accept.. But what r u gonna do with City drive? Its useless and For Longdrive may be a difference of 3 Sec for 0 to 100 Kmph.. Will it make sense?

More important... More accidents in verna because of its over power... Crashes Frequently u can chkout our accident pic in our forum
Quote:
I tend to agree with Rippergeo rather than Kdhanas. While the 0-100 figures may not be critical, but there is a practical implication.

A powerful car is sometimes a boon. It helps you do overtaking maneovres (especially on the highway, but often in the city, too), get away from a bad driver(s) and get out of tricky situations in a better manner. This I can relate out of my own experience.

As far as safety is concerned, the driver should use his experience and intelligence not to push the car beyond its limits. An irresponsible driver will drive both the Fiesta and Verna faster than what is safe for him and others, even if it takes him 5 seconds longer to get there.

Quote:
Now that's mathematics. Increase power by 50%, add a VGT instead of an FGT, save time by 33% (sorry not to factor in the Pete's, but son't have too much gyaan on that!)
Old 27th July 2008, 00:43   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hai it won't be coming near future.
I already enquired in Ford and now inclined towards Fiesta Sxi Tdci.
Are you sure that the Ford guys have told you the truth ? I am sure its easy for them say its not coming to sell you a car right away.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks