Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 10:19   #106
Senior - BHPian

On road : 9.07 Lakhs.
yes,Rs7000 worth of accessories is free.
can bargain and get something more
Old 30th July 2008, 10:37   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
On road : 9.07 Lakhs.
yes,Rs7000 worth of accessories is free.
can bargain and get something more
That is a good deal. Last year it was around 9.2 lacs OTR in Hyd.
Old 30th July 2008, 22:13   #108
Senior - BHPian

Sorry onRoad price : 9.20Lakhs
Old 31st July 2008, 09:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Please check the Autocar DataSheet for Verna and Fiesta
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford%20Fiesta.pdf (109.6 KB, 514 views)
File Type: pdf Hyundai%20Verna.pdf (101.1 KB, 613 views)
Old 1st August 2008, 00:18   #110
BHPian

I took delivery of my Verna CRDi SX a couple of weeks ago. One word for it AMAZING!

Quickly why Verna scored higher - bigger seats than fiesta, fun to drive, Hyundai A-S-S, 1kmpl lesser than Fiesta (doesn't matter), Lots of friends not too happy with their Fiestas/Ford A-S-S etc.

I got an average of ~16.5 in the first tankful with mostly City driving under 3000 RPM with 100% AC in Delhi
Old 1st August 2008, 11:25   #111
BHPian

Verna is a rocket. It will go straight and fast. But fiesta is more like a fighter jet. might not go as fast as verna but has good maneuverability and better suited to city driving because of it's torque delivery at low rpms.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I took delivery of my Verna CRDi SX a couple of weeks ago. One word for it AMAZING!

Quickly why Verna scored higher - bigger seats than fiesta, fun to drive, Hyundai A-S-S, 1kmpl lesser than Fiesta (doesn't matter), Lots of friends not too happy with their Fiestas/Ford A-S-S etc.

I got an average of ~16.5 in the first tankful with mostly City driving under 3000 RPM with 100% AC in Delhi
If you really got 16+ Kmpl,you are blessed.
In my Brother's verna,11 Kmpl in Chennai City with 100% AC and 13-14.5 Kmpl in Highway with 100% AC.Fe is OK for the power delivery from Verna.
This is the common FE in Chennai after i spoke with so amny Verna users.
But Fiesta gives 14+ Kmpl in Chennai and 18+ in Highway both with 100% AC.
Once i get my Fiesta i'll give you the correct figure.
Hope it will deliver good FE.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:09   #113
BHPian

Quote:
If you really got 16+ Kmpl,you are blessed.
In my Brother's verna,11 Kmpl in Chennai City with 100% AC and 13-14.5 Kmpl in Highway with 100% AC.Fe is OK for the power delivery from Verna.
This is the common FE in Chennai after i spoke with so amny Verna users.
But Fiesta gives 14+ Kmpl in Chennai and 18+ in Highway both with 100% AC.
Once i get my Fiesta i'll give you the correct figure.
Hope it will deliver good FE.
in the ACI figures you posted, note the 20-80 in 3rd gear & 40-100 in 4th gear figures for fiesta & verna, you'll be shocked to see fiesta way ahead... also logan's figures are similar to fiesta's, so i feel for city driving, fiesta is also as good as verna. Another thing is the rigid & firm stability of the fiesta which scores heavily over the verna. Also fuel efficiency of the fiesta is much better than the verna, i can confirm it as my cousin has a verna & my best friend has a fiesta, verna gives 10 with a/c in mumbai & fiesta give 13 with a/c. But i cannot say anything good about ford spares and a.s.s., there verna wins hands down.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 4th August 2008 at 11:17.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Yes AnilKalvani,

Ford A.S.S is the worst in the Indian Car Industries.
Don't even compare with hyundai and Maruti.
But if you know some people working in Ford Dealer will solve the issues easily.
You can get spares easily and little cheaper.But donno how it's possible.
My very close friend is working with Ford right now.
so i planned for Ford Fiesta.
But if he resigns,then i would face some strange thing.
see God is always been with me he will take care the rest.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:27   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
You were lucky....

I got my CRDi SX ABS exactly a month back and now it has already done 1400 kms. my 3 readings on FE were (I have been doing tank topups once the tank is half empty- fear of not getting diesel)

1st top up >FE was 13.5kmpl >(after 520 kms) with all time AC in hyd at 20 degC

2nd top up>FE was 14.8 kmpl > (after 900 km) again with all time AC

and now here goes the shock..
in 3rd topup FE was just 11kmpl> (after 1200km)...this I dont understand but feel that last week I spent nearly 4hrs stammped in b2b traffic on an uphill road.

Though am bit concerned, now that I just got serviced my beast at 1300kms, so will check and report the latest FE.

But any of you have experienced this jawdrop of FE on Verna before 1st service?

BTW this is my first diesel vehicle, and have not crossed speed of 100 or rpm of 2500..
Old 5th August 2008, 23:24   #116
BHPian

Filled 41liters of HiSpeed Diesel (premium) today. This is my third tankful.

Average ~16 with 80% A/c and city driving of Delhi. This time the tank was almost dry! The distance to empty predictor went "-- -- --" as soon as the distance to empty was less than 50kms.

I felt far greater power with HiSpeed Diesel. Infact, it was difficult to move to 4th gear because of slow traffic, but now I could move to 4th pretty easily at 1300-1500 RPM and move at around 55 kmph.

This car a tough one to drive in the city where you dont find empty stretches of road too often! Will let hear ease of over the 15th August weekend.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakster View Post
You were lucky....

I got my CRDi SX ABS exactly a month back and now it has already done 1400 kms. my 3 readings on FE were (I have been doing tank topups once the tank is half empty- fear of not getting diesel)

in 3rd topup FE was just 11kmpl> (after 1200km)...this I dont understand but feel that last week I spent nearly 4hrs stammped in b2b traffic on an uphill road.

Though am bit concerned, now that I just got serviced my beast at 1300kms, so will check and report the latest FE.

BTW this is my first diesel vehicle, and have not crossed speed of 100 or rpm of 2500..
Old 8th August 2008, 21:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakster View Post
You were lucky....

Hey Amrut,

Being the first timer on a diesel engine, may be you might have been used to accelerate as soon as you change gear/release the clutch as in case of Santro. In a b2b traffic just slot in 1st/2nd gear, the car moves all by itself & you may have to use half clutch as well. Agreed this would effect the clutch's life but it avoids unnecessary usage of gas pedal.
Couple of other suggestion's are:
1. As per hellstar's suggestion, change the gears quickly meaning that you don't have to take it to 2500-3000rpm for each gear change
2. Avoid hard acceleration and hard breaking. Verna's power is tempting but you need to control it in city driving.
3. Check the tyre pressure, not sure about the ABS version tyres. I maintain it at 32 and mine is non-ABS version
4. Use alternate routes against the busy junctions. I have stopped using KRPuram hanging bridge - Beniganahalli bridge - Ulsoor route as well as KGRoad - Majestic bus stand area.
5. Use tankful to tankful autocut off methods for refuelling in the same station & for the same fuel(either normal or premium)

I have been travelling in the peak hours from Home to Whitefield and the mileage readings are 14.2, 13.5(2 hours morning b2b + 2 hours b2b traffic this was when I used KGRoad & Majestic), 14.5
Highway mileage readings are:
15 - Bangalore to Hubli (100-110kmph with only two 15 mins break and 100% AC)+ Hubli city driving.
17 - Hubli to Bangalore at 100 - 120kmph, 100% AC. Thanks to Tumkur evening traffic that effected the mileage and increased the travel time.
The other fact is that the NH4 GQ between Chitradurga and Haveri is not completed meaning your speed varies along with the gear shifts and therefore effects the mileage as well. Once the GQ is completed, may be one can expect atleast 20kmpl with 100-120kmph speed

Hope my observations and suggestions are helpful to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Girish
Old 12th August 2008, 21:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

@Karthik - Any updates ??? Waiting for your final decision!!
Old 13th August 2008, 13:58   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
3. Check the tyre pressure, not sure about the ABS version tyres. I maintain it at 32 and mine is non-ABS version
The tyre pressure is same for ABS version.

Thanks for the inputs Boss- will defnitely cover the FE transformation on my inital ownership report
Old 13th August 2008, 17:05   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes AnilKalvani,

Ford A.S.S is the worst in the Indian Car Industries.
Don't even compare with hyundai and Maruti.
But if you know some people working in Ford Dealer will solve the issues easily.
You can get spares easily and little cheaper.But donno how it's possible.
My very close friend is working with Ford right now.
so i planned for Ford Fiesta.
But if he resigns,then i would face some strange thing.
see God is always been with me he will take care the rest.
haha if he resigns then sell your car. haha kidding
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks