Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 09:06   #46
BHPian

Thanks again to each one of you for your replies.....

I did found a couple of Balenos in bangalore...but those which I found have been run quite a bit (Appprox~~ 50-60K Kilometers on the clock). So am not really keen on them.

In bangalore the asking price for balenos goes like this:
2004-2005 : Lxi :4 - 4.75 lakhs (Vxi : +20-30K)
2005-early 2006:Lxi :4.75 - 5.5 lakhs
These are the prices which i've been offered.

Regarding the availability of spares,I dont think there will be much issues in bangalore at least for the next two years...Courtesy: Rjstyles69 for making this clear.

To conclude,my search is still going on. will keep you updated
Thanks to all of you and to TBHP
Old 16th May 2008, 20:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Never did.

But I am glad you see the light on the other issues. Cheers!
Sadly never came with ABS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Thanks again to each one of you for your replies.....

I did found a couple of Balenos in bangalore...but those which I found have been run quite a bit (Appprox~~ 50-60K Kilometers on the clock). So am not really keen on them.

In bangalore the asking price for balenos goes like this:
2004-2005 : Lxi :4 - 4.75 lakhs (Vxi : +20-30K)
2005-early 2006:Lxi :4.75 - 5.5 lakhs
These are the prices which i've been offered.

Regarding the availability of spares,I dont think there will be much issues in bangalore at least for the next two years...Courtesy: Rjstyles69 for making this clear.

To conclude,my search is still going on. will keep you updated
Thanks to all of you and to TBHP
These prices are highly inflated.. Bargain and they will bring it down.
2004 LXi - should be about 3.75- 4.00
2004 LXi - should be about 4.00- 4.25
(I should know as I brought the price down by 80k from the second hand showroom tag price.. and I kid you NOT) - patience and nagging are the key factors.

I have seen a decent 2006 being sold for about 4.5L

Remember this is not a pretty looking car and its out of production.

Only boys 'in the scene' and on forums like team-bhp know its worth.

I suggest search on Free ads and buy it off some Aunty selling it for a upgrade to a current model car. Will keep an eye out for you.

I know of an OHC going for 3.75L if you are interested.
Old 16th May 2008, 22:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

Anish check this !! Let know if you would re-consider buying the baleno .
Also the prices you have mentioned is way too high, try negotiating with the dealers.
Old 17th May 2008, 09:14   #49
BHPian

rjstyles To call those cars gorgeous will be an understatement! I never had a clue that a baleno had such beauty in it. Everything looks blended perfectly. No doubt,I'm hooked. And also a commendable work from whoever was behind the camera BIG Cheers to you. cheers:

Ironwolf, thanks a ton for your helpfulness. It is people like you who makes TBHP different.

Thanks to all
Anish

Note from moderator: Kindly avoid posting with excessive dots

Last edited by adya33 : 17th May 2008 at 11:29.
Old 17th May 2008, 11:52   #50
BHPian

No disrespect to anyone, but I noticed a few Balenos yesterday on the road and I was saddened to see that they have started to look very dated. Maybe you should consider this option why going for one.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
No disrespect to anyone, but I noticed a few Balenos yesterday on the road and I was saddened to see that they have started to look very dated. Maybe you should consider this option why going for one.
Baleno, for most of the people, was never a beauty contest winner ( for me it is ). But it was respected for its engine and overall reliablility. If spares are not a problem ( as we faced in vadodara ) in a city like Banglore, Balneo makes a good buy, even if it has completed 50K. This is one car that can be enjoyed mainly because of its engine. There wont be any issuses.

Dont judge the book by its cover! It will serve the buyer very reliable fashion and in very enjoyable fashion!
Old 17th May 2008, 16:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Also the prices you have mentioned is way too high, try negotiating with the dealers.
Riju is the Baleno dilemma killer
Old 17th May 2008, 17:09   #53
BHPian

I was about to say that there are 33 Ahmedabads across the world with most of them in IRAN. Which one are you referring to, the indian one? (Obviously). Don't mind. Silly Me having a smile at your expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Well, the problem that I am referring to about OHC is about the people who live in A'bad. A'bad is one of the 13 MEGA CITIES of India. So its not a small city like Vadodara where I live. I was referring to a mega city where they had problems. And the non avaliablity of spares is not limited to Bumpers ( that happens to be 3 piece, if some one remembers ), but headlights and grille also.
Check again, A'bad is not far behind the bustling metropolis, Banglore.
Ahmedabad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 17th May 2008, 17:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
Ironwolf, thanks a ton for your helpfulness. It is people like you who makes TBHP different.
Well thats a first! Glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
No disrespect but to anyone. I would rather have an ugly old great dane than a cute looking poodle. To each his own!

Anish, If you are looking for styling there are other options.

Quote:
Baleno, for most of the people, was never a beauty contest winner ( for me it is ). But it was respected for its engine and overall reliablility.

Dont judge the book by its cover!
Do I hear an AMEN!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Ahemm! rejuvenation!?
Old 18th May 2008, 20:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
I was about to say that there are 33 Ahmedabads across the world with most of them in IRAN. Which one are you referring to, the indian one? (Obviously). Don't mind. Silly Me having a smile at your expense.
I was referring to Ahmedabad in Gujarat situated by the river Sabarmati on the and is one of the two megacities of Gujarat ( the other being surat, river tapi ). Hope now its clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Well thats a first! Glad to help

Do I hear an AMEN!?

What is the meaning of AMEN?

Baleno, I would still suggest to thread starter, is a great machine with probably the best combination Space, Pace, fuel effeciency, reliability, ride quality that in these times, only Cedia can match. No wonder, Cedia fan club is growing.
The thread starter is residing in Banglore, and after a hell lot of googling and netting( includes TEAM-BHP ), I am sure that Banglore is the place to have Baleno and there wont be any problems as we had in my city.
He wont regret the decesion of buying a good condition Baleno.
Old 18th May 2008, 23:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is the meaning of AMEN?

Baleno, I would still suggest to thread starter, is a great machine with probably the best combination Space, Pace, fuel effeciency, reliability, ride quality that in these times, only Cedia can match. No wonder, Cedia fan club is growing.
The thread starter is residing in Banglore, and after a hell lot of googling and netting( includes TEAM-BHP ), I am sure that Banglore is the place to have Baleno and there wont be any problems as we had in my city.
He wont regret the decesion of buying a good condition Baleno.
From our friend Wiki -

Amen: - Common English translations of the Hebrew word amen include: "Verily", "Truly", "So be it", and "Let it be". It can also be used colloquially to express strong agreement, as in, for instance, 'amen to that.'

Amen to 'best combination Space, Pace, fuel effeciency, reliability, ride quality'

Are we still debating if Baleno is the best option here?

Anish - I know of a Silver Lxi 2005 (oct) model only 18k driven in pristine condition, which is up for sale. Single owner asking for 4.5L

Let me know if the price is okay. I think its a good price. We could bring him down to 4.2L
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:54   #57
BHPian

Sorry, I was really busy for the past few days and didn't find time to login to TBHP.

Ironwolf- Yes, I would like to have a look at the baleno which you've mentioned. I've PMed you my contact number. Probably I can go see the car this weekend. Plz send me your phone number where I can reach you. Thank you very much for all the help

Anish
Old 24th May 2008, 16:14   #58
BHPian

anish5225-i been using a baleno from 2004 which i bought brand new,its done 80000+ km,never had any issue,its really a beautiful car,in terms of ride,reliablty,fuel efficieny,a/c[i think its the best in this price category].now regarding looks, i think you really can pep it up by modjobing slightly[pls check my garage]regarding spare parts right now,its not an issue.so dude, dont think twice,go for it.
Old 12th June 2008, 10:41   #59
BHPian

Baleno and Second thought ? Naaaa no way. Not just because I am a proud owner of a baleno. But what guys like Rhiju, Blackpearl,Aditya has shown me. Its an awesum car, great power, poise and refinement. So go ahead, make yourself Happy man.

cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 15:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ram is selling his mint condition 06' Baleno VXi done some 20K odd kms.
For anyone wanting a used Baleno, there can be no better buy than Ram's, one man driven Baleno, even if one has to pay a slight premium for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks