Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:55   #61
BHPian

Hey, am not sure if my post would help, but i picked up a May 2006 Baleno LXi (silky silver) from Maruti TrueValue (Mandovi Motors) in Mysore. 15k on odo, single owner, stock tyres and very good condition. Came with Sony MP3 player and Blaupunkt speakers. Paid 4.5 lacs. Not a bad price, IMO.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:56   #62

Used Baleno - Only Issue: Spares Expensive! VFM Car!

I have been driving a Baleno since the last one year... excellent power-train, lovely engine which is frugal too (City: 10.5 - 11.5 with AC / HWY 13.48 overall with speeds upto 120, 140 and once @ 160Km too briefly with no vibration at all if wheels are well balanced) overall distance covered was around 1250 Kms Kolkata - Puri return trip and some driving in Cuttack too... “with decent crusing speed of 80Kms on HWY I have got 14.6 per lit of Extra Premium”. Very satisfied however steering could have been better NOT like the Lancer! Overall VFM car indeed.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:18   #63

Can someone give me an idea about the rear spoiler cost for baleno ?
Old 25th June 2008, 23:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjinds View Post
Can someone give me an idea about the rear spoiler cost for baleno ?
I had read in Samurai's thread that rear spoiler costs about 7.5~8k.
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:20   #65
BHPian

Hey, sorry for not being able to update this thread for the past few weeks as I was out of the country for a short while.

The great news is that the search for a ride for me has come to an end. No,its not a Baleno, its a Brand new Swift Vxi (Pearl White) from Pratham Motors Bangalore.Took delivery on 16th of June. On-road price was 5.1 lakhs. A nice car overall.

I'm satisfied with the car till now. Yet to go on a long trip.

To beat the well known rattling issue the Swifts are prone to, I've installed a fairly nice Sound setup :-) . Head unit Pioneer double din player:P6050, Front :JBL component Speakers and at the rear JBL co-axials. Got a decent sound quality. Everything else is stock.

And finally here is my heartfelt thanks to all fellow TBHPians who helped me a lot in my search for a used Baleno. Eventhough I didnt buy a baleno, I know its a wonderful machine. I was forced to drop the idea of a baleno by my dad and my roommates as they couldn't come to terms with me shelling out ~4 lakh rupees for a used car.

I will be posting some pics soon

Thanks Again TBHP
Old 2nd July 2008, 19:38   #66
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Anish, so i guess its time to start another long term thread
Old 7th July 2008, 12:40   #67

Congrats Anish!

Hey Anish - Congrats Dude! Swift is a great car too and your Dad's logic of shelling out 5 grand on a used car is true... afterall you got a Brand-New car so lot of reasons to be happy! Baleno spares are "too expensive" i know how much it hurts! Baleno spares specially the plastic are silly Jap made and are very expensive! This is the only thing i dislike about my car... i do not know if the same is true for a Lancer(?)... Because Baleno did not sell in bulk its spares are Jap made expensive except some which are made by MUL Gurgaon.

Drive Safe! Cheers!
Old 7th July 2008, 17:54   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish5225 View Post
The great news is that the search for a ride for me has come to an end. No,its not a Baleno, its a Brand new Swift Vxi (Pearl White) from Pratham Motors Bangalore.Took delivery on 16th of June. On-road price was 5.1 lakhs. A nice car overall.
Congrats Anish.
You have made quite a good choice. Enjoy your driving.
Old 8th July 2008, 00:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anish - Congrats Dude! Swift is a great car too and your Dad's logic of shelling out 5 grand on a used car is true
Just FYI mate - 1 Grand = 1000

Congrats Anish on the new ride. Hope you will be able to share your experience, both the with the dealer and your ride soon on the site.

Drive safe and treat her well
Cheers!
M2S

Last edited by married2speed : 8th July 2008 at 00:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks