Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
There was a special edition on the Type2 OHC for a very limited period.

I dont remember the specifications but it did exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Girish, there was a "limited Edition" OHC Type 2. It came out in 2001-2002. But the car he has mentioned here is clearly NOT the limited edition as, the features of the type 2 ltd edition were:

Nighthawk Black Paint.(It was not available on the regular OHC at that time)
Gold coloured badges.
Beige interiors.(not sure about this) (Again, came out in the regular OHC much later)
Wooden gearknob.
Limited Edition sticker on the LHS of the bootlid.
Different Upholstery.
Correct JayD, it was indeed a limited edition & was only available with the 1.5 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I confirmed the model. It is indeed 2001 ExiS. Leather upholstery, leather seats, front fog lamps, electronically controlled RVM, 3 piece bumper, door trims and IEC were standard fitments.

You are right girishg, it was a limited edition.
Nope, I know what's happening here. A lot of the dealers especially up north had a habit of speccing up the cars in their showrooms with leather, body kit, alloys etc. and then selling them as company fitted options with an "S" badge. For example the Type 2 OHC was NEVER offered with fog lamps (even as options) while they were a dealer fitted option on the Type 1 or standard on the Type 1 "S" model.

Also Sumit, Electric ORVM's & 3 piece bumpers were standard on the car from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Bro!

are you sure about the Nighthawk Black colour!! Because, I have a Nighthawk Black Vtec! and it is not a limited edition!

cheers
Shrey
Shrey - Black was introduced on the OHC after the limited edition came out with that colour. Nefore that it was not available so the VTEC you have should be a '02 or '03.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing (Evaluating) a 2001 OHC 1.5 Exi-S of bottle green color then. Leather seats+Spoiler+Alloys come as company fittment.

Honda launches two variants of City

Quote:
The Honda City 1.5 EXi-S, which is barely Rs. 60,000 less expensive the VTEC variant, is targeted at the upmarket segment of the City buyer. The four-spoke steering wheel, the front centre armrest, all the seat covers as well as the gear-shift knob have been changed to leather finish to give the car a plush interior. The new City 1.5 EXi-S is also fitted with a superior quality Alpine stereo

Last edited by Surprise : 16th May 2008 at 17:21.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sumit some pictures of this particular car would be appreciated. I really want to see this Type II City and the differences between that car and mine, especialy the fogs since I always get a negative answer when I go around asking for them.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Its OHC...
My UNCLE just across the road is selling...
Never had accident...
Odo reads 49k...

Sheesh! Some people has all the luck.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:54   #20
BHPian

I might go to Honda showroom to get the car evaluated tomorrow or day after.
I will click pictures and post here.

As I pasted here earlier, my uncle is very particular about fitments. He wont even get footmats outside Honda showroom. He insists that all fitments are company fitted and its a limited edition model.
Maybe showroom people fooled him.

Anyways, I will post the pictures and then you guys can decide which model it is.

The reason for selling is, he bought new Civic.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Girish, there was a "limited Edition" OHC Type 2. It came out in 2001-2002. But the car he has mentioned here is clearly NOT the limited edition as, the features of the type 2 ltd edition were:

Nighthawk Black Paint.(It was not available on the regular OHC at that time)
Gold coloured badges.
Beige interiors.(not sure about this) (Again, came out in the regular OHC much later)
Wooden gearknob.
Limited Edition sticker on the LHS of the bootlid.
Different Upholstery.

No version of the Type 2 came with front foglamps from the factory. So it definitely is not original. And i don't think even the ExiS had leather upholstery.
Nope, this is not the one.

This was launched 2nd half 2002, about the time when they started offering beige interiors in the 1.5EXI.
Old 16th May 2008, 19:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I remember seeing (Evaluating) a 2001 OHC 1.5 Exi-S of bottle green color then. Leather seats+Spoiler+Alloys come as company fittment.

Honda launches two variants of City

This is the version, i think this article puts to rest everyone's doubts.

It was a seperate model, a more luxurious version of the 1.5 EXI then.

The S in the case of the OHC Type-2 meant to signify-"Supreme/Superior"

whereas

The S in the OHC Type-1 meant to signify "Sports"
Old 16th May 2008, 23:16   #23
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Anything below 2.5 is fair price. A friend bought a OHC type 2 1.5Exi in 2.35L. The car is in very good condition.
Old 17th May 2008, 00:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Bro!

are you sure about the Nighthawk Black colour!! Because, I have a Nighthawk Black Vtec! and it is not a limited edition!

cheers
Shrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Yes! Even I have a 'Night-hawk black Vtec' - there was nothing called a 'limited edition night-hawk colour'!

Even today Honda sells all its black cars as 'night-hawk black'...

BTW, I would love to see the snaps of these factory-fitted front fog lamps...What shape are these fogs !?! Are these available anywhere in the market?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Shrey - Black was introduced on the OHC after the limited edition came out with that colour. Nefore that it was not available so the VTEC you have should be a '02 or '03.
As Iraghava has said, the black colour came out first on the limited edition. The Vtec was nowhere in the scene then!!! the colour came on normal ohc's waay after that.

Reg the fogs, I am quite sure that the type 2 never came with factory fitted fogs.But an aftermarket "factory finish" attachment is available so that a round fog can be fixed correctly onto it. Pic attached
Attached Thumbnails
Need Opinion on buying used Old Shape Honda City 2001 1.5 ExiS Model-20122007155.jpg  

Last edited by JayD : 17th May 2008 at 00:21. Reason: Added pic
Old 17th May 2008, 09:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Reg the fogs, I am quite sure that the type 2 never came with factory fitted fogs.But an aftermarket "factory finish" attachment is available so that a round fog can be fixed correctly onto it. Pic attached
Yes JayD, that's the best way of fitting fogs in the OHC that I have ever seen....However, this fitting is also pretty uncommon and round fogs, according to me also do not suit the shape of this car...
Have you ever seen fogs in an OHC in exactly the same shape as the cut-outs provided !?! Also, if someone has observed this, the fog lights in an Indica and the Safari are the same and have almost the same shape as the fog lights' shape in OHC. Has anyone tried fitting them in the OHC?
The original OHC fog-lights from Honda are firstly not available and even if some dealer is willing to provide the same, they charge you 27k for a pair... That's mind-boggling !!! Have I hijacked the thread !?! I'm sorry...
Old 17th May 2008, 15:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Also, if someone has observed this, the fog lights in an Indica and the Safari are the same and have almost the same shape as the fog lights' shape in OHC. Has anyone tried fitting them in the OHC?
Yes, tried to do that but the Indica's fogs are much too big for the space given in the OHC bumper. The bumper would have to be cut extensively to fit them on, not worth it IMO.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:36   #27
BHPian

UPDATE:
My uncle is out of town and will return after 5 days.
I will post the pics and the progress in buying the car.
I have convince him to sell the car, he is not really keen on selling.
5 days seem to be a long wait.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Hello Everyone

Here are the details:

Honda City Old Shape 1.5 ExiS (with crystal lights, front and back)
2001 Model
Golden-Silverish Color
ExiS Ver. I think it stands for Sports/Supreme. Comes with leather upholstery, leather seats, CD Changer, Alpine stereo and speakers, Electronically controlled rear view mirrors. All items are stock.

What do you guys think?
Well, I have a 1.5 ExiS and it DID NOT come with leather upholstery, leather seats, CD Changer.

But my model is '98. Maybe things changed in later years, am not sure about that aspect.

This shape never had crytal lights. Fitting them on the OHC type 1 involves modifying the fender and bonnet as well. The bumper didn't have space to fit foglamps AFAIK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks