Optra diesel 36 85.71%
Optra Petrol 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 17:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post

I am surprised that everyone is suggesting you diesel for FE, low running cost etc, in spite of your calculations about monthly running/break-even costs. Diesel doesn't make much sense for you. .
i think ditto. with me i has become a game of mind and heart.

Quote:
One thing I found contradictory in your first post, is about NHC and Optra suspension. If NHC suspension is rigid, it won't get compressed much under load contrary to what you say. A soft suspension is prone to scrapping under load, while a hard/rigid suspension won't. Softer suspension of course gives much plusher ride at lower speeds.
i am not able to find the right word for my problem, may be this could help you to tell me what it is.

i have been using an accent for last 2 years and even a 7 year old accent gives me a better ride quality then the NHC has given ever.

the accent also has been subjected to heavy loads but still the ride is comfortable over potholes which is not the case with NHC.
Old 19th May 2008, 18:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
i have been using an accent for last 2 years and even a 7 year old accent gives me a better ride quality then the NHC has given ever.
the accent also has been subjected to heavy loads but still the ride is comfortable over potholes which is not the case with NHC.
I suppose (and owners can confirm), NHC has much stiffer ride compared to Accent. No wonder, Accent has much better ride comfort (probably sacrificing the handling at higher speeds). If your accent doesn't scrape the speedbrakers when loaded, NHC should not. BTW, NHC Vtec is supposed to have stiffer suspension compared to non-Vtec NHC.

Anyway, I didn't want to drag in NHC since you are already decided on Optra.
Old 19th May 2008, 18:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose (and owners can confirm), NHC has much stiffer ride compared to Accent. No wonder, Accent has much better ride comfort (probably sacrificing the handling at higher speeds). If your accent doesn't scrape the speedbrakers when loaded, NHC should not. BTW, NHC Vtec is supposed to have stiffer suspension compared to non-Vtec NHC.

Anyway, I didn't want to drag in NHC since you are already decided on Optra.
stiffer is the word i should have used and this was the word i was looking for.

all the features of NHC have been good except for this one where NHC lost the battle as far as our usage is concerned.

i mean i could literally feel the happiness of riding a NHC wearing out as soon as i drove over an potholed road ( there are many of them in Mumbai) otherwise i have no complaints at all with NHC.

on second thought i always wanted an optra in first place even when we bought the NHC in 2006 but then i was carried off by the overall positive feedback NHC has always got.

back to the topic, i am just hoping optra's suspension does not let me down.

or i am back to square one.

Mansi
Old 19th May 2008, 23:40   #19
BHPian

Manaa, Even with a running of 1300 kms / month, I'd still go for the diesel. Here is why:

1. Considering that you will opt for a loan....your monthly payout (fuel cost + EMI) will be near identical, or tilt in the diesels favour.

2. The Optra Magnum is better to drive.

3. Far better resale.
Old 20th May 2008, 08:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Manaa, Even with a running of 1300 kms / month, I'd still go for the diesel. Here is why:

1. Considering that you will opt for a loan....your monthly payout (fuel cost + EMI) will be near identical, or tilt in the diesels favour.

2. The Optra Magnum is better to drive.

3. Far better resale.
Yup, I second GTO. Even I have a running of about 1300-1400 Kms/month. I chose the Diesel for the above reasons. + better gear shifts.

And I am not complaining - the diesel is a stonker of a car.
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

it will be carrying a lot of my company's material at an average of 50/60 kgs atleast 4 times a week.
Even though it is not too much of a burden, the diesel will definitely accelerate better under similar weight conditions (IMO).
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think the Diesel makes sense.. for all the reasons already mentioned

I only wish some owner can comment on the rear suspension - i often see many optras with their rear almost bottoming out with just 2 people in the rear seat...

so in ur case with 50-60 kgs additional pay load - makes sense to actually check this in a demo car also
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be your usage, I'd suggest the diesel optra, For the very simple reason that the petrol is ghastly to drive!! Also, the resale of the diesel will be much better.
Old 24th May 2008, 14:30   #24
BHPian

Optra Magnum diesel 2.0 LS booked

thanks to all of you and your opinions we have finally booked the optra magnum 2.0 LS.

though it is without airbags and abs, i have got a very good deal on the same.

loan done thru axis bank at 13.75% pa. for three years

loan payout is 4.5% on loan amount

cash discount of 5000/- + sparkling diamond colour worth rs 10000/- + complete cashless service offer worth 27000/- for three years.

i personally feel that this is a good deal.

dear mods, i request you to close this poll and also edit the title if possible.

thanks to all of you again.

Mansi
Old 24th May 2008, 14:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks to all of you and your opinions we have finally booked the optra magnum 2.0 LS.

cash discount of 5000/- + sparkling diamond colour worth rs 10000/- + complete cashless service offer worth 27000/- for three years.

dear mods, i request you to close this poll and also edit the title if possible.

Mansi
Mansi Congrats ! Good Decision. When are you getting the delivery?
Do keep us updated!
Old 24th May 2008, 15:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

I had opted for diesel,but your needs would be satisfied with optra petrol.Its a damn good car with very nice interiors and they have a maintenance pack too.I have found it to be comfortable and spacious too,
ram
Old 28th May 2008, 16:30   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Manaa. Great choice. Do keep us updated with your experiences :-)
Old 29th May 2008, 16:45   #28

well even i have chosen the magnum somehow comparing the optra petrol vs diesel, the diesel does have its advantages, plus my view is it looks a little better than the petrol with the SRV front end
Old 11th June 2008, 16:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Mansi
Hi Manaa,

I visited one of the dealers here in Delhi & the things they told me were a bit different.
First, they said 3 years cashless service is only on the petrol version.
Second they were giving me a interest rate of 14.50, can you tell me from which bank you got the loan and for how many years?

Please assist.

Gagan
Old 12th June 2008, 18:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on booking Optra diesel. It is a nice car. Do keep us updated abou the initial experience with dealer and your regular updates on the A**.

Last edited by snaronikar : 12th June 2008 at 18:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks