Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 15:42   #16
aks316

hi.. i think honda city vtec plus is the best option for you.. and about the aveo its a very good car but resale will be lower than the honda city and i dont know about the aftersales service in bangalore and honda city is little bigger and slightly more comfortable.. and if you love driving then cedia is a better option but again resale will be lower than the honda city and i dont know about the aftersales service in bangalore but it is more comfortable than honda city and its bigger and above segment car than honda city.. if you not going for the vtec plus then you should go for aveo 1.6 option pack or cedia as they have all the necessary safety features.. the negatives of honda city is weak brakes if you buy without airbags and abs, steeling very light good for city bad for highway, very light body compare to aveo and cedia.. if you actually dont care about resale then consider aveo and cedia beacuse honda city is the easiest car to sell and between the NEW honda city is coming in october/november with everything new and it will only come out with the vtec engine but it wont effect the resale of your car if you buy right now.. hope this helps.. tc.

Old 21st May 2008, 15:44   #17
aks316

and ya as a brand honda is far better than both chevrolet and mitsubishi..

Old 21st May 2008, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
b) Status value/Brand image(8/10)
c) Safety features (9/10)
If you can then you must wait for a few months to buy the new 2008 Honda City coming later this year.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

are you looking for "brand" value or you looking for driving comfort and safety?
Cedia is ahead in terms of safety and comfort. The city is inequipped with ABS/Airbags as opposed to the cedia. Also, feedback from users - that the weight of the city makes it a little unsteady at high speeds (above 120).

My vote goes for the cedia sports.
Old 21st May 2008, 22:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
are you looking for "brand" value or you looking for driving comfort and safety?
Cedia is ahead in terms of safety and comfort. The city is inequipped with ABS/Airbags as opposed to the cedia. Also, feedback from users - that the weight of the city makes it a little unsteady at high speeds (above 120).
Cedia is definitely a better car compared to NHC however what about the a.s.s in bangalore ? HM-Mitsu has only one dealer and that is Southern Motors and from what I heard about their service, it isn't all that great. Not to say that Honda service is out of this world, but it is good enough.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:18   #21
BHPian

It is the Cedia A.S.S that I am a bit worried about..heard good things about Lathangi but now that they have moved to ford, it could be a little risky i guess...
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I am using Cedia sports for the last 7 months. No issues. it is a great car in all aspects.
If you are going to keep it for 5 years then resale is not an issue - go with Cedia. Take an extended warrany for 3rd year also.
Same here, I'm using Cedia Spirit for last 7 months, there are no issues whatsoever. I get 10km/lit in Pune's city traffic and 14 on highways.
Cedia is a comfortable both in city and on highways.
Take a Test drive of honda city and Cedia on not so perfect roads and see the difference.
VTEC Plus seems highly overpriced. Cedia is a great Value for money if you plan to keep it for 3-5 years.
You can check on actual running costs - servicing/repairs posted by cedia owners in other threads, they don't seem high.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Have you not given the Fiesta 1.6 a try? You could get the top end petrol variant for less than 8.5 lakhs.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post

My vote goes for the cedia sports.
The City ZX VTEC is equipped with both ABS and Airbags and so its the same in terms of safety features. Interiors are better than the Cedia. That is why most here are pointing towards the ZX Vtec.

However I will definitely agree on the drivability factor. The Cedia would feel better planted than the City VTEC, especially on the highways. The artificial steering feel in the City, though it makes for easy city driving, is a big let down for the highways.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Have you not given the Fiesta 1.6 a try? You could get the top end petrol variant for less than 8.5 lakhs.
The fiesta cabin is not as quiet compared to city or cedia,
and also a size smaller (this can also be a plus depending on what you're looking for!), Fiesta 1.6 Engine and gearbox are good, but FE may be not be great.
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
The fiesta cabin is not as quiet compared to city or cedia,
and also a size smaller (this can also be a plus depending on what you're looking for!), Fiesta 1.6 Engine and gearbox are good, but FE may be not be great.
I don't quite think so. I have never driven a Cedia, but I found the Fiesta to be on par with the City vtec on the NVH front. Even on FE front, I've never got less than 10.5 in Hyd city driving, and it generally varies between 11 to 12 with AC 100%. On highways it is between 14 to 16.5.

Space-wise I agree that that the NHC and Cedia have more to offer.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:39   #27
BHPian

Somehow I seemed to have missed the Ford Fiesta in my criteria! Anyway, i test drove the 1.4 today and found it to be a bit wanting in power and acceleration..I have asked for a test drive on the 1.6..the sales guy seemed eager in giving me a discounted price of 35-40k to close the sale..by the way, can anyone tell me what is the best discounts i could get for Cedia and NHC Vtec plus?
Old 24th May 2008, 17:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Cedia discounts should be around 30k or so depending on bargaining power. People from HM claim that they are working overtime to get the After sales at southern on par with lathangi. Not sure what to gauge of their claim yet.

Will report back after I give my car for 3rd service next week. Need to get a few rattles fixed and I had a occasional clutch slip issue which needs attention.

So far the car has been fault free for me. Have done around 16k in one year.
Old 24th May 2008, 20:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Somehow I seemed to have missed the Ford Fiesta in my criteria! Anyway, i test drove the 1.4 today and found it to be a bit wanting in power and acceleration..I have asked for a test drive on the 1.6..the sales guy seemed eager in giving me a discounted price of 35-40k to close the sale..by the way, can anyone tell me what is the best discounts i could get for Cedia and NHC Vtec plus?
Existing Ford Fiesta is going to get a facelift very soon, details in forum. TD the corolla if your budget can stretch till NHC Vtec plus, it gives fabulous mileage + globally proven safety features + discount available as new corolla (price expected additional 1.5L-2L) is coming.

Last edited by liberal : 24th May 2008 at 20:50.
Old 25th May 2008, 11:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^The base model of the corolla doesn't have airbags. There goes your claim of safety features. Plus the car is built like a tin can. Finally if you check any mag, you'll see that the Cedia and NHC Vtec give better mileage than a corolla.

The only good things about a corolla are the engine which is very responsive, the reliability and the resale value. Thats about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks