Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 11:51   #31
BHPian

Hi reginofchaos, thanks for the info on cedia discount..I also saw in another thread here that Cedia is going to come with some cosmetic changes as well as price drops..do you have any information whether this is true?
Old 25th May 2008, 12:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^The base model of the corolla doesn't have airbags. There goes your claim of safety features. Plus the car is built like a tin can. Finally if you check any mag, you'll see that the Cedia and NHC Vtec give better mileage than a corolla.

The only good things about a corolla are the engine which is very responsive, the reliability and the resale value. Thats about it.
I refer to the safety rating 4 of 5 stars & I am getting 11 km/ltr (with A.C on 100%) from corolla in Mumbai city driving, probably I should have mentioned this figure as good mileage judgement is subjective. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post569248.

You have rightly pointed about that airbags not there in base model HE Corolla. Agreed again on the positives mentioned of the Corolla.
Old 25th May 2008, 13:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Existing Ford Fiesta is going to get a facelift very soon, details in forum. TD the corolla if your budget can stretch till NHC Vtec plus, it gives fabulous mileage + globally proven safety features + discount available as new corolla (price expected additional 1.5L-2L) is coming.
I doubt if there will be any major change in the Fiesta this year, except plonking a 1.6 diesel engine into it. But we are discussing the 1.6 petrol that costs a lakh less than the NHC Vtec or the Cedia.
Old 25th May 2008, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I doubt if there will be any major change in the Fiesta this year, except plonking a 1.6 diesel engine into it. But we are discussing the 1.6 petrol that costs a lakh less than the NHC Vtec or the Cedia.
Hi Vnabhi, some of the other negatives in the Ford Fiesta pertrol(top end model);
a) Only Driver has airbag - not the front passenger
b) The 6 CD player does not play mp3
c) lack of Automatic climate control(admittedly Honda and Cedia also lack this)
While point c) is a minor feature, Ii the new Fiesta takes care of a) and b) then it is a big plus over the existing one.
Old 25th May 2008, 13:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post830200

Fiesta 1.6 is a good option, I don't doubt that. The facelifted fiesta may turn out to be better worth for the money.

Last edited by liberal : 25th May 2008 at 13:51.
Old 25th May 2008, 17:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Hi Vnabhi, some of the other negatives in the Ford Fiesta pertrol(top end model);
a) Only Driver has airbag - not the front passenger
b) The 6 CD player does not play mp3
c) lack of Automatic climate control(admittedly Honda and Cedia also lack this)
While point c) is a minor feature, Ii the new Fiesta takes care of a) and b) then it is a big plus over the existing one.
I agree fully. If you've read my review, I had brought out those very points in the cons.
Despite not playing mp3, I still find the sound quality of the stock player pretty good, better than even the stock Alpine that comes with the NHC, or for that matter, the 6-cd changer that comes with the Sonata Embera.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th May 2008 at 17:52.
Old 25th May 2008, 23:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The City ZX VTEC is equipped with both ABS and Airbags and so its the same in terms of safety features. Interiors are better than the Cedia. That is why most here are pointing towards the ZX Vtec.

However I will definitely agree on the drivability factor. The Cedia would feel better planted than the City VTEC, especially on the highways. The artificial steering feel in the City, though it makes for easy city driving, is a big let down for the highways.
Hi, how big is factor about NHC being a bit unsteady at speeds greater than 120 kmph( I read elsewhere that this is the case at even speeds above 80 kmph?) Is this a serious safety concern?
Also, I have seen mentioned elsewhere that stock tyres of NHC need to be upgraded?
Old 26th May 2008, 09:43   #38
BHPian

Don't intend to create more chaos - but have you considered the Optra Magnum LS Diesel. It comes in your budget. Recommend a test drive. Then compare and make the call.
Old 26th May 2008, 09:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi reginofchaos, thanks for the info on cedia discount..I also saw in another thread here that Cedia is going to come with some cosmetic changes as well as price drops..do you have any information whether this is true?
When I met the sales manager here in Pune, he denied anything about a new version or price cuts.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
Don't intend to create more chaos - but have you considered the Optra Magnum LS Diesel. It comes in your budget. Recommend a test drive. Then compare and make the call.
I thought the fully loaded Optra Magnum LS diesel is around 11L + OTR in Bangalore?
Old 26th May 2008, 18:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, how big is factor about NHC being a bit unsteady at speeds greater than 120 kmph( I read elsewhere that this is the case at even speeds above 80 kmph?) Is this a serious safety concern?
Also, I have seen mentioned elsewhere that stock tyres of NHC need to be upgraded?

Its not that its unsteady at high speeds. Its just not well planted. I think its got to do with the EPS. Take a test drive of it and when you drive it in a city you'll feel its so easy to manoeuvre/maneuver. However its got an artificial feel to it at high speeds. Probably if you drive a Cedia or a Civic you could make out the difference.

Take a test drive. Thats the best way.

I don't think so for the tyres.
Old 27th May 2008, 01:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

I was tempted to say CEDIA!!

Go for Cedia if your highway usage is high and you are ready to live with Mitsubishi after sales service. Resale value is not much of an issue as you intend to keep it long.

Go for NHC Vtec if you want a reliable, refined alrounder. Safe bet!!
Old 27th May 2008, 19:49   #43
BHPian

Hi Senthil, under the test drive section for Honda City The smaller yet significant things, it is mentioned "NHC Vtec needs tyre upgrade. Stock tyres are under-sized for the power." (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives). I was referring to this.
Old 28th May 2008, 15:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Cedia discounts should be around 30k or so depending on bargaining power. People from HM claim that they are working overtime to get the After sales at southern on par with lathangi. Not sure what to gauge of their claim yet.

Will report back after I give my car for 3rd service next week. Need to get a few rattles fixed and I had a occasional clutch slip issue which needs attention.

So far the car has been fault free for me. Have done around 16k in one year.
A little addition here. I guess the Sales Dept of Southern was much better than guys at Lathangi. I am not promoting SM here, but here are the facts which I liked about SM.
(i)Test Drive: Lathangi brings me a car after 3 calls and that too with almost emptying fuel . SM brings me the same model but with a full fuel tank
(ii)Liar Liar, pants on fire : Well it starts off with red not available in sports to french claret being unavailable in select. I assume this is for selling their showroom pieces.

But A.S.S is a different ballgame altogether.
Old 28th May 2008, 19:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
A little addition here. I guess the Sales Dept of Southern was much better than guys at Lathangi. I am not promoting SM here, but here are the facts which I liked about SM.
(i)Test Drive: Lathangi brings me a car after 3 calls and that too with almost emptying fuel . SM brings me the same model but with a full fuel tank
(ii)Liar Liar, pants on fire : Well it starts off with red not available in sports to french claret being unavailable in select. I assume this is for selling their showroom pieces.

But A.S.S is a different ballgame altogether.
Well, I got a call from lathangi as well saying that only they were offering discount of 30k on these few models and that Southern could not match it! normal sales tactics i guess..Anyway, I told him that I have not made up mind yet..I asked him about service and he told me that either Dakshin or Whitefield Honda would open a second service but that would take 6 to 8 months at least..well it is this A.S.S thing that is bothering me a bit..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks