Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 06:30   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sridharps,

Congrats on the new buy. Wishing you a happy ownership experience.

Do post some photos.
Thanks HappyWheels ! I will keep you guys informed on the delivery process and post some photos as soon as I take delivery.
BTW, I have gone for the Thunder colour option, which is one of the newer colours introduced as part of the recent facelift.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:28   #77
BHPian

Guys, is it worthwhile to buy the air deflectors? I remember seeing it in some other thread, but I am not able to locate that thread now.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a Car in the 9 to 10 L (OTR) range-air20deflector1.jpg  

Old 19th September 2008, 21:11   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Guys, is it worthwhile to buy the air deflectors? I remember seeing it in some other thread, but I am not able to locate that thread now.
Why don't you try it out? I wanted them last year, but was discouraged by a post on this forum. A synopsis of that is below:-

1. They are brittle and can be broken easily. If broken, you need to replace the entire set.
2. Every year, millions are spent on reducing the wind tunnel, so putting these on might negate that effort.

Despite these apparent demerits, there are pros, as below:-
1. Car looks real sleek.
2. You can leave your windows partly open in a drizzle.
3. You can avoid a foggy windshield, and use of AC.
4. You can avoid over-heating when parking your car in the hot sun.
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you try it out
@vnabhi, looks like this is out of stock with the dealer here. Apart from that, what are your thoughts on
a) Stock Tyre upgrade?
b) Would headlamps require any upgrade?
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:04   #80
Senior - BHPian

Well, the MRF zvts tyres are a bit puny, and will not suit spirited driving, especially on twists and turns. You may like to upgrade them soon after delivery. I did not due to vitamin M constraints.
Headlights are the best in that segment, and do not need an upgrade, IMO.
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:30   #81
BHPian

@vnabhi, any recommendation on what tyres to look at?
Old 5th October 2008, 09:20   #82
BHPian

Went to take delivery of car yesterday and went armed with the t-bhp checklist. The entire process was smooth and the people at metro ford were courteous enough. However, a close inspection of the car showed that a small area behind the rear seats ,and under the rear glass, was burnt! Initially, we thought it was just some dirt, but closer examination showed otherwise.(Boy, am i glad that i followed the point mentioned in the t-bhp checklist about always accepting delivery in broad daylight. I am sure that I would have missed this in the night.)

Looks like this has happened when the sunfiln was being installed, because I had checked the car before it went for regn and this mark was not there.

It looks like the only solution is for a complete relacement of the fabric there. Metro Ford has agreed for the same. So,couple of days more delay.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:42   #83
BHPian

Guys, issue fixed and I have taken delivery today!
To summarise,
  • OTR - 7.95 L for 1.6 SXi ( special corporate discount)
  • Colour - Thunder Grey
  • Sunfilm, mudflaps,mats,perfume,idol also free
  • Additionally purchased fiesta scruff plate, 3rd/4th yr warranty, Ford seat pillows . Cost 12.5 K
  • Modification - added Lensor 14'' alloys, upsized tyre to 195-60/R14 Michellin PP1. Cost - Rs.27 K
Mods, request you to update thread accordingly.
Should I post my photos along with initial test drive report in a separate thread?
Old 7th October 2008, 19:59   #84
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Fiesta SXI Sridhar.

After starting with Swift moving to Diesel then stuck due to waiting period on it and checking out fabia, Verna, and even cedia select (never liked the NHC-dont think I like the ANHC either), I'm convinced about Fiesta as the best available option, thinking of a Sport, but may end up buying an SXI like you and upgrading just wheels. Still a couple more weeks to go before I close the decision.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:39   #85
BHPian

Sridhar congratulation on your new vehicle, the Fiesta 1.6 is a darn cool option. Cheers and enjoy your new ride.
Old 7th October 2008, 20:45   #86
BHPian

autoenthusiast, Thanks a ton for your wishes!
marlinspike, thanks and wish you all the best in your purchase! But that is some range of cars in your radar, I must say! Hope you find a solution that suits your needs.

Most Viewed