Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 19:51   #61

I am in exactly in same dillema and me too is leaning forward to grab an Accord, but my heart is still pulling me towards BMW 320d highline or grab the new A4 .... but I can only afford the later in next couple of months.

Now the question is am I loosing too much comfort (Accord being big and can accomidate family of 4 comfortably) for driving pleasure? Can 4 adults comfortably enjoy a ride in BMW 3 series or A4?

If you think Accord is a better VFM, then what accessories would you suggest? I was thinking body guards (being big in size), since I was leaning towards black beauty, how would gold plated logos look? The dealer do not have HID package and he says that they will not recommend getting it done from outside since it may muck up electricals. Is it true? Whatelse I can add without loosing warranty?

Thanks in advance...
Old 13th June 2008, 15:02   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
here is an option to the Accord. How about the Teana? It looks good and simple, is amazingly comfortable in the back, is decently fast.

@fastcarz - why not call for a TD and see for yourself? Have the whole family sit in it and check it out.
Old 13th June 2008, 15:54   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
How about considering Nissan X-trail against CR-V?
This seriously is the best suggestion! No SUV in India comes close to the rocket performance and handling of the X-Trail from Nissan. Very luxurious and built to last interiors , 6sp transmission , good road manners , compact.

But I think this car will be out of your budget. Base model goes for 24L and elegance on 28L. Try scoring some discounts, should get you there.
Old 13th June 2008, 16:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^The thing against it is horrible spare part prices. A friend of mine had an accident in his X-Trail and a bumper replacement costed 95k+painting+labor+tax. Beat that!

Also the interiors are nothing to write home about.
Old 15th June 2008, 00:38   #65

Went for a TD of Accord. Man, its huge, but its pretty good. I wish they had a v6 option. Anyway, booked my accord and waiting for delivery! The manager will confirm the exact date on Tue.
Old 15th June 2008, 18:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarz View Post
Went for a TD of Accord. Man, its huge, but its pretty good. I wish they had a v6 option. Anyway, booked my accord and waiting for delivery! The manager will confirm the exact date on Tue.
Congratulations fastcarz. What color have you picked up and from which dealer ?
Old 16th June 2008, 00:41   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Congratulations fastcarz. What color have you picked up and from which dealer ?
Thanks! Black color/MTfrom Whitefield Honda. Honda will send them vanilla car and all the changes are done at the dealer with kits...
I have asked Whitefiled if they ever fit the sporty grill/spoilers etc. (Inspire model) please call me so that I can take a look. I am yet to decide on accessories...
Old 31st July 2008, 10:24   #68

It's been a couple of months since I posted this query. Great responses. But I am still on the "verge" of buying (as I have been for the last 2 years). Have decided to go with JayD's suggestion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Get a laura and get it done up by petes! simple!

Pete's Performance Products
Which is the best place to get Pete's in Bangalore?
Old 31st July 2008, 10:46   #69
BHPian

Please be aware of poor service from Skoda dealerships. There are quite a few posts on their service (or lack of).

Also, the spares are prohibitively expensive (again there are a few posts on this too).

Why dont you consider the new Toyota Corolla?
Old 5th August 2008, 12:58   #70

Accord

On any given day, I would recommend Accord. I was close to buying Passat and ended up buying Accord. VFM in every way. You would never regret this car in your life time, even if you outgrew it to a more luxorious car.

Now I drive a BMW, but still miss my Accord..

It is a sheer pleasure to drive a beamer, but Accord is a nice family car with almost negligible maintenance
Old 5th August 2008, 13:32   #71
BANNED

I drive both the Laura and the Accord daily.

I would choose the Laura for self driving and the Accord for sitting in the back seat - that said the new Accord will probably be much more of a drivers car than the outgoing one.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:01   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
that said the new Accord will probably be much more of a drivers car than the outgoing one.
Actually it isn't. Having ripped both, I can tell you that the new Accord is lesser driver-oriented than the previous gen. The '08 is not sloppy, but its not what you would call an enthusiasts car either.

Still, a fantastic sedan for the price that Honda is selling it at.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

One question, for my knowledge and for others like me.. What decides a segment of car? Only price or the car it self.

IMO Accord, Superb, Passat, Camry are in one segment.

Corolla, Civic, Jetta and Laura (its originally Octavia) are in one segment.

If the choice is between Accord and Laura (which takes in two different segment), then surely you must wait for new Corolla too. Dealers are saying its coming loaded with features and its almost same size to laura, its latest and will also save you enough money for free fuel for 4 years.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest try the jetta also
its a pretty good driving car.
It may just suit you

Else the teana is an amazing car. Have driven it. Simply Brilliant!
Old 1st November 2008, 18:54   #75

Thanks for all the advice guys. This forum is fantastically active. I finally went ahead and bought a black Honda Accord AT. Took the base model and added all the chrome stuff (turned out to be cheaper than going for elegance or inspire). This way I also managed to minimize the wood. Fitted it with Xenons. And it drives and feels great. Will post pictures soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks