Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
I think Accent is one segment higher, and belong to the club of Fiesta, Verna, SX4, City etc , Dzire on the other hand belong to the segment of Logan, Indigo etc.
Accent starts at a lower price than DZire, and doesn't come up with as many features as well. Both is of the same segment.

Also, Hyundai has Verna to compete with SX4, Fiesta, City etc. Accent is Hyundai's entry level sedan.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Accent offers a bigger and more powerful engine, besides the fact that this car was replaced by Verna which is a price band higher than likes of Swift Dzire.

Swift dezire on the other has been positioned as replacement of esteem, which surely does not fall in the same segment as Verna.

Please do not get me wrong here, despite the fact that these car belong to different segments they are very much compareble in all aspects and hence this thread to decide on one of the cars.
-Verna has not replaced the Accent. Had the accent been replaced, you would not have the option buying it. Verna has been an addition to the Hyundai portfolio and, as C_D pointed out, competes with the SX4, Fiesta, NHC and the likes.

-- IMO the segment you are referring to includes Dzire, Logan, Ikon, Accent, Indigo etc.

-- Of the above, the Ikon offers fantastic rear seat comfort but I own one and do not recommend it to anyone coz of the high maintenance costs.

-- Accent is a fantastic car and has served people well but I think its time that it retires like the esteem. Dzire is now a fantastic VFM buy with a lot of features and bells and whistles. Where it does not score is the rear leg room and the wait list.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd May 2008 at 15:52.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT - Was just reading ACI May Issue and they mentioned the annual sales figures of 07 - 08 of all car companies.

Accent sold close to 9000 units. Not bad for a car which is outdated and does not include any CRDi's as it was stopped just around a year back ( So would not count as a very big percentage in the 9000 units )
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:49   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
-Where is does not score is the rear leg room and the wait list.
you can also add its looks too. IMO, it really has very odd looks and sure a large number of people here agree to it. Heck, now Logan suddenly seems drop dead gorgeous
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
-Verna has not replaced the Accent. Had the accent been replaced, you would not have the option buying it. Verna has been an addition to the Hyundai portfolio and, as C_D pointed out, competes with the SX4, Fiesta, NHC and the likes.

-- IMO the segment you are referring to includes Dzire, Logan, Ikon, Accent, Indigo etc.

-- Of the above, the Ikon offers fantastic rear seat comfort but I own one and do not recommend it to anyone coz of the high maintenance costs.

-- Accent is a fantastic car and has served people well but I think its time that it retires like the esteem. Dzire is now a fantastic VFM buy with a lot of features and bells and whistles. Where is does not score is the rear leg room and the wait list.
World wide Verna was the replacement model for Accent, and Infact Verna is sold with the name Accent in most of the countries. If Hyundai India does not phase out Accent at the time of Verna's launch, that is more out of their convinience than the car belonging to different segments.

Skoda India did the same while launching Laura, they did not phase out Octy. Though world wide Laura is replacement to Octy.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

My preference would be Swift Dzire. Logan and Indigo are other two contenders

If possible go for the model that has ABS and AIRBAG
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Sorry for going OT - Was just reading ACI May Issue and they mentioned the annual sales figures of 07 - 08 of all car companies.

Accent sold close to 9000 units. Not bad for a car which is outdated and does not include any CRDi's as it was stopped just around a year back ( So would not count as a very big percentage in the 9000 units )
If it is 9000, its very impressive indeed. But this says only 3000

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alysis-63.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...is-tillmar.jpg

EDIT: Before I am misinterpreted, let me state that I have nothing against the Accent. I think its a good car and was definitely in my radar as a possible purchase when I was in the market about 4 years ago. But I think there are better options available now at the same price and with same or better features/

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd May 2008 at 16:18.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Accent has BAD rearseat comfort ANYDAY.

Logan trumps it and then some. Interiors suck yes, but utterly planted at 140 and super smooth ride. Else if your uncle is willing to settle for outdated models, why not Ikon? Its CHEAP toooooo!!

and frugal/UBER comfy
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Dzire is the way to go if you can live with the high waitlist.

Accent & Ikon are out dated models and i wouldnt recommend them. Logan is no doubt a good performer, but its looks leave a lot to be desired. It screams cheap from a lot of angles :(
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

My uncle is looking for a sedan with a budget of 5.5 L OTR stretchable by 10-20 K. Cars we have shortlisted are

Hyundai Accent GLE
Maruti Swift Dzire

Things that will primarily influence buying decision would be reliability, FE and rear seat comfort as both cost almost the same. Resale should not be an issue as my uncle keeps his cars for long.

Pros for Accent
1. Big on space
2. Low on maintenance
3. One segment higher then Dzire

Cons
1. Outdated model
2. FE

Pros for Swift Dzire
1. Latest Model
2. Maruti Service Network
3. Cheaper Maintenance

Cons
1. Build quality (I saw that on many threads)

Expert advice would be much appreciated. (I have prejudice towards Hyundai as I own a Santro and a Verna)

Please also suggest any other sedan that falls in the desired price band.

The other cars that can also be considered are :
Fiesta, Logan, Indigo.

Accent is quite outdated and I would advice for Dzire. its also more fuel effecient and the after sales and service are widely avaliable.
Old 23rd May 2008, 23:44   #26
BHPian

Dezire all the way!!

Though i like the accent from day one and the VFM is damn good to ignore, but its a really out dated model and you wont even feel your driving a new model in bangalore anymore.

If your uncle keeps the car for long then i guess the Maruti cars are better. My two cents.

Let us know the decision.
Old 24th May 2008, 08:23   #27
BHPian

I think I will TD logan along with uncle this weekend as it has been suggested by many people here. For now i can think not so good looks of Logan as only downside.

Can some people share their experiences with 1.4 and 1.6 L Logan
Old 24th May 2008, 11:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will TD logan along with uncle this weekend as it has been suggested by many people here. For now i can think not so good looks of Logan as only downside.

Can some people share their experiences with 1.4 and 1.6 L Logan

Here is one of Logan 1.4
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...5-000-kms.html
Old 24th May 2008, 11:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Reliable & FE, Yes. But neither of the sedans you have shortlisted have comfy backseats. For that, I would suggest your uncle testdrives the:

1. Logan
2. Indigo
3. Aveo (good ride quality & interiors)

Aveo may not fit his uncle's budget. but yes the FORD IKON if its rear seat comfort...

but from your shortlist, i would go for ACCENT -
better on looks, reliable, spacious, FE should not be way off the mark..

I am not sure whats with this "modernity" of SWIFT...what actually is modern about this car that benefits the ownership experience ?

Last edited by narayan : 24th May 2008 at 11:44.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:09   #30
BHPian

I agree. In bangalore right now, OTR price of the swift vxi is about 5.1 whereas the Accent GLE costs 5.75. I feel they're comparable. I'm looking to buy a car myself and these 2 are in the final 3 list (the other being a Palio).
And the power difference isnt that much either, 87 BHP for the Swift and 94 BHP in the Accent.
And the power rating themselves can be misleading. It also matters which RPM it gives the power at.And how smoothly (the refinement of the engine). For example, the Honda City ZX 1.5 is supposed to have 77 BHP (less then either the Swift or the Accent), but then it will always feel more its got more when you're just starting to move at a signal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks