Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 16:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Between your choice, I would prefer to go for Swift Dzire as the car is new and will stay on for quit some time. The resale will also be good for this car in future. Accent is old model and may be phased out in near future.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:15   #32
BHPian

i dont think that accent belongs to a segment higher than dezire but it was in a higher segment long ago not now. i think they have stopped the production of accent and are now clearing up their stocks. but i am not sure. go for the dzire you wont regret.
Old 28th July 2010, 10:53   #33
BHPian

Hyundai Accent- Need help from the Senior BHPians

Hello Bhpians,

After a long search on forums and surfing Team BHP for about a year I had almost decided for getting Hyundai i10 for me as my first personal car.
(Father owns Swift Dzire so no more Marutis please)
My priorities with car was:
1. Should be value for money.
2. Should have ample space for three people in rear seat and enough space in boot to carry luggage for long trips.
3. The car will be used only for weekend trips(covering range from 100km to 500 km)
4. Need to be purchased in Cash only.
5. Will be used for long term 5-8 years

So with a budget of around 4.5 lac I decided on i10 Magna/sportz. My friend is using this car so taking a test drive was not a issue and i went to showroom to finalize the car.

But then the confusion began!!!

I saw Hyundai Accent Executive with complete beige interiors. The car was available for 5.4 lac on road with some cash discount and other freebies which will be negotiated with dealer if I finalize that car.

I recalculated my budgets and it came out that I can shell out cash of 5-5.5 lac.

With the Accent I am getting a sedan with a boot which have more space then i10 and the interiors also somehow felt to me better than i10.

I know that Accent is soon going to be phased out but that is not a issue as I intend to keep the car for longer duration.

My worries for the car are.
1. Will it be worth enough to invest 5.5 lac for a car which is old enough and may be phased out in some time?
2. How is the hyundai accent ride and value for money.
3. Compare to a hatchback i10 is it worth to have a sedan.

I know that if I can extend my budget I can go for Aveo, Fiesta and others but my budget is strict 5.5 lac so if there are any other options apart from that. whoooo...I am totally confused

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2010 at 12:23. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 7th August 2010, 13:19   #34
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2010 at 14:53.
<Badguy> is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2010, 11:51   #35
BHPian

^^ i think with that budget, Accent is a true VFM. Plus you are then a "sedan" owner, that would be an extra boost for that. The best part of Accent is, you can tune it to your liking. You can change the tyres, ICE, FFE, CAI, etc. For all the new sedans that doing all this would be an extra burden on your pockets !

I would still recommend Fiesta Exi or Limited which will go up from 5.5 just a little
Old 12th August 2010, 12:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

I would still vote for Accent (comparing Dzire ) - solid car and good to drive.
But ofcourse it is a old model.
You may also consider the fiesta variants - TD all models and see what suits you?
Old 12th August 2010, 13:53   #37
BHPian

Fiesta on road would be like at least a lac more than Accent, isn't it?
Old 12th August 2010, 14:04   #38
BHPian

How about Ikon diesel. A friend of mine has got Ikon - TDCi for 5.8 OTR in chennai this Jan 2010. The prices might be 15-20k more at present due to hike in road-tax in TN, but it is surely worth the price.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:28   #39
BHPian

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ i think with that budget, Accent is a true VFM. Plus you are then a "sedan" owner, that would be an extra boost for that. The best part of Accent is, you can tune it to your liking. You can change the tyres, ICE, FFE, CAI, etc. For all the new sedans that doing all this would be an extra burden on your pockets !

I would still recommend Fiesta Exi or Limited which will go up from 5.5 just a little
Seems need to check the Fiesta Prices once if it is available under 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I would still vote for Accent (comparing Dzire ) - solid car and good to drive.
But ofcourse it is a old model.
You may also consider the fiesta variants - TD all models and see what suits you?
nairrk - The comparison is not between Dzire & Accent. My family already owns two swift Dzires so no more Dzires. All I want from my car is to have VFM. Will surely go for a test drice of fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Fiesta on road would be like at least a lac more than Accent, isn't it?
Will find the exact price OTR (Delhi ) and update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
How about Ikon diesel. A friend of mine has got Ikon - TDCi for 5.8 OTR in chennai this Jan 2010. The prices might be 15-20k more at present due to hike in road-tax in TN, but it is surely worth the price.
Will also enquire about the Ikon prices when visit Ford.

I need to buy car on Cash so extending my budget from 4.5 L to 5.5 L was itself in a pain and extending even 10-20 k will be need to look into. So there is budget constraint. Will surely go to ford showroom this weekend and update the prices if it is under budget.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
............ Will surely go to ford showroom this weekend and update the prices if it is under budget.............
Remember, Accent still has better Resale value than Ford!
Old 18th August 2010, 01:13   #41
BHPian

Easy.. Dzire.. its the latest car and its more fuel efficient. The back seat comfort of both are comparable
Old 18th August 2010, 11:05   #42
BHPian

I am in the long process of shortlisting my first car (am not even confident driving) and had read about these two cars. Dzire would be my last choice even though my family thinks that Maruti cars are made by God himself and I'd be committing a big offense if I buy anything other than a Maruti. There are too many posts about the rattling problems and I personally do not like the looks of the Dzire.

Accent is an old model, so older technology even though I've heard about it's reputation of being a rock solid car.

In fact the more I read about various cars, the more I am liking i20 even though it's a hatchback. Except the boot I don't have to compromise on anything by not getting myself a sedan. In fact after I've personally seen the boot size of the i20, I think it's not a big compromise.

Do check out the i20 if you can.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

This should be a pretty simple one. As much as I hate the Dzire, here it simply tramples over the Accent in almost every department. Its also a lot more modern and much more efficient and a lot better to drive. The Accent IMHO is already dead and buried.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Accent. It is a VFM car and little or no trouble car.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:57   #45
BHPian

I just bought an Accent in August and its a great car. The only thing that bugged me about the Dezire was the shape, i really did not want to leave my house everyday looking at the thing...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks