Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 17:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Too much of a biker in me, I guess.

did not even strike me that he will spend more time seeing the dashboard rather than the paint job.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Your choice is between 15k and looking at the car everyday and feeling how would she have looked in Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
I would say he will spend most of his time inside the car, so does'nt really matter.
cediafan,
Great perspetive. never really thought about it that way...
Old 27th May 2008, 17:47   #18
BHPian

Are you getting a brand new piece? or is it a TestDrive car? Better check it first.

I've read horror story of a Hyundai owner who got a great discount but got a used car.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:52   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Your choice is between 15k and looking at the car everyday and feeling how would she have looked in Red.

your head has found a great car, let your heart choose the colour.
Well said! I say, to hell with the discount...get the choice of colour you really want.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:11   #20
BHPian

WOW!.
So little time and so many replies. I am overwhelmed and thankful to all who posted .

The OTR quoted is 9.82 for select and I get 35K + sunfilm + cover. This is offer from Lathangi. They have limitation of only Ashton Grey and I suspect it would be a showroom piece rather.

Just a few minutes ago Southern-Motors Contacted me with offer of 30K + sunfilm + cover for any colour, any model.

Now, well, the colour does not give me much of discount ( because of SM's updated discounts, which gives a margin of only 5K which is not less, but... )

I am fond of black (indeed i went and booked an SX4 black, which is another story for another day), but two things which prevent me from going black. Excessive heat-up if stored under sun. Scratches which were pretty visible in showroom piece itself !!. Actually there is a third, the other vehicle i own, a fiero is red. So another red would definitely add to the 'redness'.

@Ajay : Yes SM has a bad reputation. But I guess I hope I dont run into some major trouble with them.

@cediafan : Nice perspective, even I quite did not think about in such a way.

So finally where am I?, monetary things equalised, but confusion remaining same. LOL. Ashton Grey...hmmm
Old 30th May 2008, 09:07   #21
BHPian

You ask me Santhosh, go to Southern Motors and take the colour of your choice. Sacrifice of 5K if you do not bargain hard. Probably if you do not disclose about your colour priorities they may as well match the Lathangi offer, once your priorities are discussed then they know where you are coming from. Remember these dealers are very well connected and SM would exactly know what Lathangi has in stock.

The reason i'am saying Southern is to make your ownership process easier, not that i wish you face any of these but there may be some delays in delivery or you may face some issue during car ownership. Its always better to catcha dealer who is still 'running' rather than someone who is just about to close play.

Personally i have read about Lathangi and the good A.*.* they were offering, though in another context i had some reservations on their sales effectivenes

Nevertheless, good car, vfm and wish you a great ownership. Do post some photo's of the colour you finally choose.

Regards
-Rajesh
Old 30th May 2008, 10:26   #22
BHPian

since its only 5k now, go for red if thats what you really want, and red looks awesome on the cedia.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:48   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Santosh,

I would suggest that you keep the following in mind -- considering the offer by SM.

- LM many be passing off a 'test drive vehicle'. Be very very sure that you don't end up with a test drive/old stock car that did not sel for whatever reason.

- SM may be 5K expensive but you will get whatever color you want + peace of mind knowing that the car you get is not a test drive car (assuming you use the PDI checklist from T-BHP)
Old 30th May 2008, 13:19   #24
BHPian

Thanks everyone!

Yes, with the question of only 5K now. I shall be going in for the red-select itself. Will be adding up fog-lamps / leather seats later on. I will be starting booking process today and I am deadly delighted since it would be my FIRST CAR !!.
Old 1st June 2008, 01:23   #25
BHPian

I have owned a lancer before and looks like we have another one joining the cedia
club here. Mitsuibishi rocks.
Great car choice .
go for the colour you like.
The golden rule while buying a car is to buy a car your heart likes features/colours you like every advice or opinion comes second.
Old 1st June 2008, 02:11   #26
BANNED

spending 10 laks and thinking about a small discount over color is not my idea of and ideal car
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:04   #27
BHPian

I agree to that Jesal, but then Vitamin M definitely helps when I am buying a car which may be on the high end of my budget. I am buying this car since it WOW-ed me in the first test drive itself. Love at first sight , you can say :-)
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:12   #28
BHPian

eventually you are going to have to live with the car for the next 3-5 years do you think you will be able to given it's not your first preference given you will be saving 3-5k a year(3-5 yr ownership) or a paltry 1.5%(10L as the base)
so you need to ask your self this no one can answer this better than you
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:02   #29
BHPian

Yup Sir, Indeed now i have come out of my initial confusion and decided to take the slightly-dark-red cedia itself. Will post up pics as soon as its in my garage :-)
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
The OTR quoted is 9.82 for select and I get 35K + sunfilm + cover. This is offer from Lathangi. They have limitation of only Ashton Grey and I suspect it would be a showroom piece rather.

Just a few minutes ago Southern-Motors Contacted me with offer of 30K + sunfilm + cover for any colour, any model.
Santosh: Did you already buy your car? This is FYI only. I bought Sports couple of months back (from SM). The list OTR was 10.4lacs. I got around 39K dicount + car cover + rubber mats + sun film + iPod cable. So final OTR including all these goodies was 10lacs.
Also if you are going for finance option, dont forget to bargain on the processing fee and EMI. They will waive off the processing fee and take off 10-15 Rs per lac on EMI.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed