Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 00:14   #1
BANNED

OHC 1.5EXi 1999 VG Condition. opinion for price plz

There is OHC 1.5EXi 1999 2nd owner has done 85000 KM .full servicerecord.car is clean.The 2nd owner bought it from MYTVS 2-3 years & has given back TO MYTVS. he has fitted new tyres last year-WHICH are GOOD NOW- it can go about 30000km.The stepney tyre is original ONE,which came with OHC in 99.MYTVS done full service & the car is fine.They are also giving one full year insurance for the buyer which should be about 8.5k to 9K.The head lights front glass/cover is bit dull which should either be cleaned or the bulbs should be changes i think(any opinion on this for better night driving).Has a cd/vcd system with display .
What would be the best price. i feel like with places like MYTVS one has to slightly push the buying price cause of their genuineness and also considering the fact that many a times the regulat dealer try to push tampered cars. In this situation what should be the best
price to buy.
Thanks for views/suggestions.
----
ANY note on what mileage one can expect with good driving in this one.
Old 30th May 2008, 00:55   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

what is MYTVS ?

1999 OHC 1.5 would be Type 1 i guess, the correct price would be around 2L. One of my friends picked up a clean 2000 OHC 1.5 Exi type 2, for 2.35L The car came with alloy wheels and had clocked 85K. But these are delhi prices, i beleive the OHC's cost a lot more down south.
Old 30th May 2008, 01:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

The car can not have a 9k Insurance premium unless it's been through some major accident, at most the premium can be 5k. It's a 9 year old car so book value cannot be more than 2-2.5 lakhs in any case.

If you really have to buy this car, get it checked by a Honda mechanic for shunts etc. and also if it needs suspension work (most OHC's need them around 80k kms.) and if everything is fine make them an offer between 2-2.5L maximum. Anything above that (assuming the car is clean & mileage is genuine) is going to be stupid.
Old 30th May 2008, 05:54   #4
BHPian

Nothing more than 1.5-1.75 Lakhs buddy.
Old 30th May 2008, 06:45   #5
BANNED

thanks for response.
what is MYTVS ?
This is one of the reputed & trusted USED CAR DEALERS in CHENNAI.
Old 30th May 2008, 06:54   #6
BANNED

THANKS for your raghava. you said " if everything is fine make them an offer between 2-2.5L maximum"
why the variation goes to 50000 in your assessment. psbl pl explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The car can not have a 9k Insurance premium unless it's been through some major accident, at most the premium can be 5k. It's a 9 year old car so book value cannot be more than 2-2.5 lakhs in any case.

If you really have to buy this car, get it checked by a Honda mechanic for shunts etc. and also if it needs suspension work (most OHC's need them around 80k kms.) and if everything is fine make them an offer between 2-2.5L maximum. Anything above that (assuming the car is clean & mileage is genuine) is going to be stupid.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think 2 lacs is the max you should pay for a '99 model.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:49   #8
BANNED

CARWALE says 2.2 to 2.54 L for first owner. my point is getting a WELL MAINTAINED & NO TAMPER OHC for this price range (2.25 or 2.5 ) is slightly tough. in that scenario, one should pay slightly more - 5 to 10 K.
Any idea how much should be headlights glass cover/enclsoure if it has to changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I think 2 lacs is the max you should pay for a '99 model.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
what is MYTVS ?
My TVS is the Chennai equivalent of the First Choice or Maruti True Value.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:13   #10
BANNED

WITH respect to your POV & with my interaction with both MYTVS & FS, i would like to say MY TVS is much better than FIRST CHOICE(chennai) cause MYTVS ethics are really higher than FS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
My TVS is the Chennai equivalent of the First Choice or Maruti True Value.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
There is OHC 1.5EXi 1999 2nd owner has done 85000 KM .full servicerecord.car is clean.The 2nd owner bought it from MYTVS 2-3 years & has given back TO MYTVS. he has fitted new tyres last year-WHICH are GOOD NOW- it can go about 30000km.The stepney tyre is original ONE,which came with OHC in 99.MYTVS done full service & the car is fine.They are also giving one full year insurance for the buyer which should be about 8.5k to 9K.The head lights front glass/cover is bit dull which should either be cleaned or the bulbs should be changes i think(any opinion on this for better night driving).Has a cd/vcd system with display .
What would be the best price. i feel like with places like MYTVS one has to slightly push the buying price cause of their genuineness and also considering the fact that many a times the regulat dealer try to push tampered cars. In this situation what should be the best
price to buy.
Thanks for views/suggestions.
----
ANY note on what mileage one can expect with good driving in this one.
1.75L if everything else other than the cd/vcd is fine. 2nd owner 1999 OHC is not exactly a hot sell/buy.

Quote:
what is MYTVS ?
This is one of the reputed & trusted USED CAR DEALERS in CHENNAI.
reputed & trusted, my foot !! They are no better than the other dealers

Please do not fall for these marketing lines. Take a good mechanic & get an honest assessment & pay accordingly.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WITH respect to your POV & with my interaction with both MYTVS & FS, i would like to say MY TVS is much better than FIRST CHOICE(chennai) cause MYTVS ethics are really higher than FS.
Dude, its not my POV. I was just trying to provide an analogy to explain what My TVS is. Its not a popular brand name outside Chennai. FC and TV and more recognized.

Ofcourse, ethics wise, FC is quite low, as per my personal experience. I have no idea about TV or My TVS.
Old 30th May 2008, 20:28   #13
BANNED

thanks for the responses. i have been told that this OHC 99 has been booked for 2.5L by MYTVS.
Old 31st May 2008, 14:35   #14
BHPian

I think 2 Lakh is too high. One of my friend bought 99 automatic Honda for 1.5L and ODO is @ 35000K.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
1.75L if everything else other than the cd/vcd is fine. 2nd owner 1999 OHC is not exactly a hot sell/buy.

this is really going to hurt me a lot !!!!

Most Viewed