Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 16:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer to buy it with the ABS & upgrade rubber a little later
Old 30th May 2008, 17:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ok - Seems like everyone wants ABS

BUT I had to take a decision then & there. Also I could not spare even one more penny on my already exceeded budget. I opted for the White Base w/o ABS. Had someone pay 4k as booking amount.

Will be submitting all papers for Loan on Monday and will get all papers done by Wed - Thurs, so should have the Car hopefully this time next week.

I think I will be upgrading Rubber from 175 to 185 Michelin's with Alloys ( Courtesy Ishan )

ICE will be very basic - Alpine HU & Component 6x9 Rear Speakers by JBL ( Sam - I need a Discount )

That's all. Now eagerly waiting for the car !!!
Old 30th May 2008, 17:48   #18
BHPian

Congratulation Varun! Enjoy it and ride her well ;-)
Old 30th May 2008, 21:55   #19
rippergeo

congrats on the car.
I suppose its too late to tell you to get the ABS.
the main advantage for the ABS version,strangely, is not the ABS mechanism, but the all round Disc brakes and the stiffened suspension. does wonders for stability and braking.

I know you have already picked one without the ABS.
but thought I should write down this stuff for other people in the same situation

Old 30th May 2008, 22:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Hi Friends,

Finally sold my 5 year old Santro Xing at 57000 km's for 1.8 Lacs. Will give a detailed report in another thread later on.

I am left with a 3 year old Accent GLE in excellent condition which the women ( Mom, Wifey, Sis ) in the house will probably drive now.

I was initially taking an i10 for the ladies and finalised it ( at 4 Lacs OTR ). Then heard of Petrol prices shooting up and thought that I should have at least 1 diesel with me so have the best of both worlds. Started off with Swift Diesel but 5.63 Lacs OTR for a VDi was hard to digest for a car that rattled and without a boot ( No Offense Swift Owners ) My cars are driven hard and the Swift would have given away on the roads of Agra.

The only other Diesel if I extended my budget by 2 Lacs was the Verna. I have always been a Hyundai Lover owning 6 Hyundai's since its launch in India. So here we are - going for a Hyundai Again.

I am getting the Verna Base Diesel ( w/o ABS ) for the following Amount from Gurgaon -

Ex - 7,55,240
Ins - 22,000 ( APP )
RTO - 15,347

Discounts - 20k Dealer + 10k Loyalty

Total OTR after Discounts - 7,62,587 ( Give or take a few hundreds )

Freebies -

Carpet Matting & Mudflaps
Autocop / Cobra Remote Locking

What do you think of the deal ?? Is it a good one ?

Also any thing I should know about the Verna Diesel. I am buying a diesel for the first time and that is why the long desicion taking time.

Ishan has been really helpful in making my desicion Including getting fatter rubber / Alloys the day I pick my car. I do not see that possible considering I would have Nil in my Bank Account after the purchase.

Please feel free to appreciate / critisize my desicion.

I need to pay 10k to the dealer today as prices are going up by 4% from 1st June so have to finalise today.
is it too late to convince you on ABS safety?
Old 30th May 2008, 23:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will be upgrading Rubber from 175 to 185 Michelin's with Alloys ( Courtesy Ishan )

Already Verna Crdi has 185 tyres.
Please check it.
Old 30th May 2008, 23:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Please check it.
Hmmm.. Are you sure ? I checked on Verna website and it does not show anything or give tyre specs.

When I spoke to Salesman he said 175 I think. Can anyone who brought Verna recently please confirm.

I know ABS is a must BUT it's OK ( Budget & delivery constraints ), will drive carefully Though I doubt if I can do that on the Verna
Old 30th May 2008, 23:26   #23
BHPian

You better drive carefully, no ifs, no buts!

Quote:
Hmmm.. Are you sure ? I checked on Verna website and it does not show anything or give tyre specs.

When I spoke to Salesman he said 175 I think. Can anyone who brought Verna recently please confirm.

I know ABS is a must BUT it's OK ( Budget & delivery constraints ), will drive carefully Though I doubt if I can do that on the Verna
Old 30th May 2008, 23:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Please check it.
Verna comes with 175/70-14 Bridgestone B250 or MRF tires.
Verna top model petrol (i think) with alloys comes with 185/65-14 tires.
Old 31st May 2008, 00:50   #25
BHPian

Well Kochar, Find out if you can have ABS fitted in the base model Verna after you buy the vehicle. If it is possible then go in for Verna base model..If not go in for ABS version.
Old 31st May 2008, 08:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:

yes,i had my verna purchased sx abs last month.got stock 185 bridgestone as stock tyres.
Old 31st May 2008, 19:47   #27
BHPian

Congrats!

Congrats on the purchase Varun! I am getting closer to the buy as well.

Paid 10k advance to hold on to the price. Will finalise loan etc in a couple of days. Your Gurmeet has moved to Superon Hyundai or something.

Just wanted to know whats the final deal you got?
Old 1st June 2008, 00:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mohak ( Barcode ). Will speak to you later and get you a better deal there

Good thing you paid advance as prices go up in a weeks time or so.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:50   #29
BHPian

Congrats Varun!
Good decision, 54k means a lot of hard earned money, drive well within limits & avoid Rohtang trips on new baby ( for long life suspension). You can repeat the feat on Accent!
It is good that you have set a benchmark for speed limit ( 120kmph), many a times one gets tempted to drive faster on the NH - 1,2 & 8 but can be risky sometimes.

Verna is second only to Linea as per my preference list. Will wait till sept - oct. to buy either of them. And i'll bother you if it is Verna!
Happy driving!
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:01   #30
BHPian

Hey Varun,

All verna's these days come with stock 185/60R14 Bridgestone or MRF. Mine came with 185 Bridgestone, but i still got ot upsized to Bridgestone 195/60R14 Potenza GIII

Regards,
Sajan

Most Viewed