Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 16:45   #46
BHPian

hey varun waiting for your beauty ! Well i got 25 k cash discount and freebies like teflon coating ,mud flaps, perfume ,matting etc ! Sumit i got blue colour
Old 5th June 2008, 17:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

One URGENT Suggestion required Guy's -

My Verna comes tommorrow, since we do not pick cars on Saturday, Sunday will probably be the D Day.

My Question is - If I do not take Loan on the car and pay the whole amount upfront, which means Down Payment entirely, do I get any benefits from the car dealer. I am sure they would prefer a customer like me than someone taking a loan.

Reason - I hate these Banks. Just never want to take a loan. They drive me nuts and so does their paperwork.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:57   #48
BHPian

Even if you don't get anything extra from the dealer, I would suggest you get the car by making the full payment rather than taking a loan, if you can. Now coming to the extra bit, I am sure that you should be able to extract more discount from the dealer by showing him the money. Its a well known fact that the dealer has to shell out some cash for the bank since they are getting him business. If you are eliminating the bank in between, you should be entitled to some extra discount. Talk to the dealer. Show him some attitude. Maybe it works for you.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

I thought it was the other way round. Banks pay a commission to the dealers for bringing business to them ??
Old 6th June 2008, 02:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

My Verna comes tommorrow, since we do not pick cars on Saturday, Sunday will probably be the D Day.

My Question is - If I do not take Loan on the car and pay the whole amount upfront, which means Down Payment entirely, do I get any benefits from the car dealer. I am sure they would prefer a customer like me than someone taking a loan.

Reason - I hate these Banks. Just never want to take a loan. They drive me nuts and so does their paperwork.

well yes you are right, but then you will have to drive a little harder bargain with the dealer and you will surely end up getting a HANDSOME discount.

now the discount might just not be cash alone, it can be free accessories, like say leather seats, alloys, ICE and other things for the car.

i have seen this happening with a lot of my friends and relatives, for vehicles such as innovas too.
Old 6th June 2008, 02:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I thought it was the other way round. Banks pay a commission to the dealers for bringing business to them ??

well its a little complicated, its the sales representative and his team who have a share in this commission too, so at some showrooms they do discourage full down payment.

its like they get their cut every month from the EMIs.

but at other showrooms, when the down payment is done this commission is paid in lum-sum, so depends on the dealer and the sales representative you deal with too.

and at times it can be a little more complicated where the sales-rep, does not get any commission when the customer pays the full amount. so it all depends.
Old 6th June 2008, 08:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Checked with dealer - No extra Discounts even if I pay outright :(

Total savings as of now - 32k + free accesories worth 4k.

Total OTR - 7,60,900 /- ( In Gurgaon On Road after Discounts ). Verna Base WHite w/o ABS.

Price hike has not happened right now but seems possible after 8th June ( By 20k or so )

I pick her up on Sunday / Monday
Old 6th June 2008, 11:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sumit - I know a lot of Verna Owners are going to Bash me for my Decision on taking no ABS ( as I had earlier asked for this from the dealer ).

But really speaking I have never driven a ABS loaded car before in my life and it's been fine. Hope it stays the same with the verna. I am more of a Slow driver now than a speed freak. The only reason I am buying this car is because of the low Diesel running costs and this way I can go to Punjab, Rajasthan and even Mumbai / Goa via car - which I could have never done on my Accent.
if you think of fuel economy,then Verna is the not the car of your choice.
you would have bought either Fiesta or Logan.
IMO,Verna is purely meant for people who are very much interest in speed run and this adernalin rush drive is a habitant for the verna owners
Old 6th June 2008, 11:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

Well, Thanks K for that piece of Info there.

Verna returns around 15kpl in City Traffic with AC on all the time and around 19 - 20 on the highways. What more can I ask for ??? I do not mind getting 2-3 kms lesser than a Logan / Fiesta, because Verna is much more fun to drive.

The above mentioned FE figures are with spirited driving ( Not Rash though ). These figures are given to me by friends driving Verna's.
Old 6th June 2008, 16:39   #55
BHPian

ya in bombay traffic it does return to 13 to 14 kpl, well just upgraded my tyres to 195/55/15 with alloys, ICE i put poineer mp3 player with remote , jbl speaker rear, front poineer, added xenons auto cop, and parking sensors front and back will post some pics soons. chrome alloys on blue verna looks very hot.and i forgot to mention, facing one problem alreay, its a very small one but if this is not fixed car does not start, hahaha actually the clutch switch rubber has come off, i put it back but it keeps falling off, so sometimes i have to press the switch by my hands and start the car, will get it fixed tom.
Old 6th June 2008, 18:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Huh !! What is clutch switch ? Sorry But I am being stupid maybe !! Please explain.
Old 6th June 2008, 19:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, Thanks K for that piece of Info there.

Verna returns around 15kpl in City Traffic with AC on all the time and around 19 - 20 on the highways. What more can I ask for ??? I do not mind getting 2-3 kms lesser than a Logan / Fiesta, because Verna is much more fun to drive.

The above mentioned FE figures are with spirited driving ( Not Rash though ). These figures are given to me by friends driving Verna's.

Oops it's a good FE.
But my brother is using Verna Crdi Sx. we are in chennai.
I used to take the car to my work.
It returns only 12-13Kmpl with AC 100% in Chennai traffic.
If my Brother drives it,it returns only 11-12Kmpl with 100% AC.
He is a very sprinted driver.
Though i am planned to buy Verna, as a Team-Bhpian i need to share this things with you all.
I am Ok with this FE.But whoever bother about FE please think before buy Verna.
In Chennai, Fiesta/Logan returns 16-17 kmpl with 100% AC easily in any driving mode and traffic conditions.
Any way congrats for selecting a Diesel Beast.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:04   #58
BHPian

clutch switch is placed near the clutch, if u know hyundia cars ( i dont know if all ) dont start until u press the clutch, wen u press the clutch it presses a switch which enables the car to start.
Old 6th June 2008, 20:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Brother,
Its the other way round buddie.The dealers are happy to have a customer who take loan as they get a payout on it.

ram
Old 6th June 2008, 23:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
clutch switch is placed near the clutch, if u know hyundia cars ( i dont know if all ) dont start until u press the clutch, wen u press the clutch it presses a switch which enables the car to start.
Ok. Now I understand. When I TD the Verna they said you have to keep the clutch pressed when starting. I thought it was quite unusual as the other Diesels I drove did not have this feature. He said it was a Safety Feature. Hmm .. Anyways, its not a problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Brother,
Its the other way round buddie.The dealers are happy to have a customer who take loan as they get a payout on it.

ram
OK - That is the reason, Dealer did not show any interest when I told him this. He said either way he'd get the money. Although I did manage to squeeze another 2k from him

BTW got the DD made today ( 7.5 Lacs !!! ). Never thought I'd do this, call me stupid or whatever BUT this loan thing drives me crazy. I'd rather go poor for a few months than take a loan and keep paying that HUGE interest every month ( Though if I'd kept the FD's, I'd get more Interest )

As of now, I am so broke that I have absolutely nothing left for ICE & Alloys. So nothing for the coming 2 months at least. I will be driving a basic car with Tints !!

Any Particular things I should keep in mind when picking up the car ?? Verna Owners - Let me know. I am not an expert on PDI's and Diesels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks