Team-BHP - OPEL CORSA 1.4 GSI how much to pay maximum..?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   OPEL CORSA 1.4 GSI how much to pay maximum..? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/40412-opel-corsa-1-4-gsi-how-much-pay-maximum.html)

I just checked this OPEL CORSA 1.4 GSI 1.4, Year 2003 model, 55,000 done,4-Wheel Drive, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Windows. 2nd owner selling this..

he says 2 lac, let me know the best price to buy.or any other option?

4 wheel drive ? there is nothing like that in the corsa

by the way - why corsa ? that too 2nd owner..

but the car looks absolutely well maintained..
have you considered other cars also in the segment ?

@ Deadman- 2 lacs is too high for a 2003 Corsa. I would say 1.5 lacs max!
Other Option : You could get a 1.5 P Accent 2003 model at 2-2.75 lacs( Depending on maint. of the car).I would suggest you to stay away from the Corsa and opt for the Accent .

P.S: Check carwale for 2nd hand car prices.

@karanraheja: ye,At end i told the owner 1.5 lac and came back..

1L tops for this car. Parts are not available & she's going to be a pain to maintain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 849166)
1L tops for this car. Parts are not available & she's going to be a pain to maintain.

I may agreed if I'm in mumbai, But now I'm in south karnataka, In my place Matiz and daewoo cielo sells above 1 lac. It may be unbelievable for you.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 849155)
P.S: Check carwale for 2nd hand car prices.

carwale says 1.95lac to 2.15 lacs for this one.:D. Amazing !

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 849152)

by the way - why corsa ? that too 2nd owner..

have you considered other cars also in the segment ?

ford IKON, Hyundai Accent. But I think hard to get under 2 lac.

Vehicle looks very well maintained and you are right about the spares availability in the South.. there are lots of Matiz and Cielos still running strong, so spares should not be an issue. If you are looking for a Sedan in the sub 2 lac category then you can surely go for this. I would say you can stretch it upto 1.6-1.75 lac max, not more than that.

Tyres look pretty worn out in the pic so just make sure you check it out and also in the 3rd pic the registration plate reads KA-19 and that is Mangalore if i am not wrong. One thing you would like to check for is any kind of rust in the underbody or the body panels due to heavy rains and humidity in that area. Nothing is evident in the pic though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 849302)
Vehicle looks very well maintained and you are right about the spares availability in the South.. there are lots of Matiz and Cielos still running strong, so spares should not be an issue. If you are looking for a Sedan in the sub 2 lac category then you can surely go for this. I would say you can stretch it upto 1.6-1.75 lac max, not more than that.

Tyres look pretty worn out in the pic so just make sure you check it out and also in the 3rd pic the registration plate reads KA-19 and that is Mangalore if i am not wrong. One thing you would like to check for is any kind of rust in the underbody or the body panels due to heavy rains and humidity in that area. Nothing is evident in the pic though.

Thanks for advice. Ye, car is from Mangalore, even i liked this car alot for my use which is very less like 300 km per month.Interior,seat's, boot space are good, gear changing are very different than my old swift. That i may learn as i get this one. Ground clearance was the problem, but the owner increased by some way, now it looks bit more then 170mm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadman (Post 849315)
Ground clearance was the problem, but the owner increased by some way, now it looks bit more then 170mm.

Yes there are some local mechanics who can work in making the ground clearance higher than the original. I have driven an esteem whose ground clearance had been increased by 2-3 inches and trust me, you can drive it without any fear of underbody scraping the bumps. But the thing is it has to be done in the perfect way so as to not spoil the inherent charecteristics of the car like ride quality and handling.

Since your running is only 300 kms on an average, I dont think you have to worry too much about running costs or spares as the spares will not go bust with such less driving. Unless of course its already busted!!

Do let us know in case you finish the deal off and also an initial review of how you feel with the car. All the best!! :thumbs up

Thanks Abhinav.s, I'll update here.

Just another query,As the car may give only 8-12kmpl, I have plan to fit gas kit to it.. if i do, it can give any problem? or it's better to run on petrol itself?

-

Ishan's right. Parts not easily available for this car. Car is looking good BTW. 1.25 Lacs at the most if you are keen on the Corsa.

If I were you I'd give it a miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadman (Post 850276)
Thanks Abhinav.s, I'll update here.

Just another query,As the car may give only 8-12kmpl, I have plan to fit gas kit to it.. if i do, it can give any problem? or it's better to run on petrol itself?

-

I am getting 10 consistently in bangalore traffic, and about 14-16 on highway depending on load, speed etc on highway. I use the 91 oct all the time. I used to fuel her up with 87oct+system g. But i am not sure system g is still available(only from bpcl).

Regarding lpg, guess it will cost from 25k to 30k to fit. Considering the price of lpg, i am not sure when you will be able to break even.

The car shouldnt cost you more than 1 to 1.5 lacs considering that it is well maintained and hasnt run much. But my question is why corsa?. If you do have the budget of 2 lacs you can land a decent accent or an icon. Corsa spares are difficult to come by and there is no production of this make anymore.