Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Totally Confused!!!!! Tata Sierra Turbo Or Daewoo Cielo ?

Hi all

Though i am a frequent visitor for this site .. i haven't dropped any questions... now i feel i have to ..

I am planning for a car/bike. Most of the bikes are coming around 30- 40K.
Hence i was confused what to go for. I though off going for cars ... then since my budjet was very less i demarcated just 2 cars. Tata Sierra Turbo and Daewoo Cielo. I know its not a good buy....

I am really confused about the maintanance of these cars in Bangalore.

I am getting 97-98Cielo(with Gas) for less than 60K and Sierra Turbo for around 1Lac. Cielo defenitely will save me money. I am under the assumption that since Cielo is petrol it should run for another 2 -3 years.
Whats the expected mileage for Cielo with Gas and Sierra Turbo?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any good mechanics available for Cielo and Sierra in Bangalore?
How about Spare parts?
Old 10th June 2008, 12:23   #2
BHPian

hey Vishnu

if you are ready to spend around 1lac, then why dont you consider M800, spares and service wont be a problem at all. you can get a good maintained M800 around or less than 1lac
Old 10th June 2008, 12:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

The replys you get here will make you more confused. Welcome to the forum, officially. ;-)

My suggestion is do not go for any of these vehicles. The life of the aboev vehicles is already over. If you are new user, try going in for a small hatch.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Decide what features/conveniences you are looking for in your next vehicle, it will help you choose either a car or a bike. Don't get tempted to buy a second hand car just because it's closer to price of a new/used bike.

Both the car mentioned are very old & towards end of their life. Even during heydays of Cielo, it was considered to be a white elephant.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:43   #5
BHPian

I believe 2nd hand car prices in b'lore are on the higher side.
Would suggest u to go for a bike.
get a car only if u need it.
Save till u can afford the car.

I am doing the same too
Old 10th June 2008, 13:44   #6
BHPian

hi All

Thanks to all your valuable comments.. i know these cars are nearly to extinct... i am having an omni in my native.. so i dont prefer gng for small cars.. especially M800... i would prefer little more sturdy ones.. and i thought i would get these cars only for such a price.. that would be appreciable...

moreover i do drive a lot .. i might have to drive down from Bangalore to Kerala .. around 13 hrs drive... i think it would be really tiring if in small vehicles like M800 , omni....
Old 10th June 2008, 13:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Maruti 800 will be a better bet. You can probably think of Matiz also, although am not sure whether one will be available in your budget.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

The cost of the Cielo is pretty high. They go for 25-35k max. Buying an used Cielo is like a lottery. If the car holds up without major problems, you will be very lucky to have enjoyed a really luxurious car for a throwaway price. Also you have to be ready to scrap the car in 2 or 3 years' time when you want to go for a better car since there will be '0' buyers for the Cielo.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Buying price of such cars is insignificant. From personal experience I can tell you that if you get a Sierra in even average condition (which you most likely will, since its an old car now), you'll really regret it.. REALLY.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:46   #10
BHPian

The cielo is a definite no-no. I have a friend who burnt his fingers on it. Out of the two, the Sierra is a better option.
As blue_pulsar suggested, you may try to find a well maintained Matiz as well. It is way ahead of M800 in terms of comfort and is very fuel efficient too.
Old 10th June 2008, 15:05   #11
BHPian

Is it possible to replace the engine of cielo with some other good engines which u get for cheap from market.. May be a stupid qn ... i had a Fiat whose engine i replaced similarly...

IF Yes .. how much will a good enine cost u ??? is that cheap ??
Old 10th June 2008, 16:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu7185 View Post
Is it possible to replace the engine of cielo with some other good engines which u get for cheap from market.. May be a stupid qn ... i had a Fiat whose engine i replaced similarly...

IF Yes .. how much will a good enine cost u ??? is that cheap ??
I wont advice you for it for the following reasons:

1. You will end up spending more on a cielo (u may get a very good 2nd hand car for that amount i bet) and end up with a car which is not as much reliable.
It may rattle. Plus its not just an engine change. you may have to change the tranny too. Gurus please advice.

2. Apart from the engine there are other parts too like suspension parts, body parts and miscellanious which you may find tough to source and it will end up as a cielo which would be a hybrid of lots of other cars.

3. In any case u will not find a buyer for it 2 years down the line apart from the scrap dealers.

Do make a very sensible decision bro as its your hard earned money.
Dont let it go down the drain, more so when u have a backing of the whole Tbhp family behind you.
Old 10th June 2008, 17:00   #13
BHPian

Thanks Bros

Finally done!!!.. i will put the money in Bank and be happy ..

no car and no bike..
Old 10th June 2008, 17:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Best decision is what you made
Wait for a while

the tata nano will be a good buy for you
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks