Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2005, 16:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
I read an ad a week ago in the Indiatimes (Delhi) where a dealer wanted 3.95L for a 2001 Vtec. Don't think the ad mentioned the mileage though. based on this info, you should be able to get the 1Lkm city for abt 1.7L. Anything higher than that is not reasonable,IMO.
I do not think the price can be fixed based on this ad. Not sure about how many transfer has happened in the RC. Also there is a post saying that 88K done vehicle sold for 3.85L. Is that mean we can goahead and purchase this vehicle for 3 lakhs.

There is no thumbrule on the pricing. Every individual comes up with their own pricing based on their experience. And more importantly the comfort level of the individual to buy . Benchmarking needs to done after a detailed study, i.e having a close watch on the deals closed ( more importantly, we should not take the deals proposed)
Old 24th February 2005, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Tarun you are quite close to the response I got. I did a bit of resarch here talking to used car dealers and even Honda dealers I think the consensus price is Rs. 3-3.25 lakh, though one Honda dealer said even 4L is a possible price.

Deeps this is a company owned car being sold on 'as is where is' basis, so they won't directly tell me the maintenance history. Though i've established a link with the car driver and would speak to him in a day or two. Then, i got to ask him all things...his style, his boss' style, boss' kids' style, suspension and brakes and clutches and stuff.

The things I've seen is tyres are new. Paint is fairly good. No dents. Car is clean inside and outside. even the foot pedals aren't that worn off. That's it...I started the car but wasn't allowed to take it around.

I'm gonna bid Rs 2.75 lakh for this car, max I can afford. What say, guys? Thank you much for all the help again!
Old 24th February 2005, 19:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn
I'm gonna bid Rs 2.75 lakh for this car, max I can afford.

There is no other option, if your maximum affordable limit is 2.75 lakhs. But I guess this car is worth more than what you bid (atleast there should be buyers who are willing to pay more)

You have a decent chance, if this was rolled out internally, meaning, if the bid was allowed only within your office. Also it depends on the strength of your employer. More the employee count, more no.of bidders.

BEST OF LUCK.
Old 24th February 2005, 20:10   #19
BHPian

hey green horn , why do you wanna buy a 100k Kms ca. go for a decent small one , you get very low km car in your 2.75.

or increase your budget another 50-60k and go for a good 1.3 or earn- borrow the extra lakh for a decent city(any way u will be spending on your car if it turns out crap)

it will be hassle free

after 100k kms you servicing bills will go up and also the sounds in your car.

I dont know what u lookin at in a car apart from looks& biggy, because any way 100k kms car will have f*******d up ride.
it is not my choice

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 24th February 2005 at 20:15.
Old 24th February 2005, 20:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

I Second You Vulken Auto
Old 24th February 2005, 20:50   #21
BHPian

Good point, Vulken. Do you own a City? I'm downgrading my bid and now gonna bid for 2.5L.

Now I'll tell why this car makes good sense to me, in current condition and at my bid price. First, as i've said the person owning this car has spared no expense to maintain it to the best anyone could. Second, a few Honda mechs I've spoken to have confirmed the car's engine isn't going anywhere, and suspension and clutch and rest of biggie stuff I'm gonna get tested before I tender my cash. Third, If I get lucky and get the car, remember I'm getting the car at nearly 50k and perhaps 75k short of actual market price. So that takes care of any contingencies whatsoever.

What do you say? Would it still not be your choice?
Old 24th February 2005, 23:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

No, it still wouldn't be my choice. I'd increase my budget by abt Rs 50K and source an Ikon or a Baleno. Go for the city, if you really have made up your mind. But no matter what 1,00,000km is a big number.
Old 25th February 2005, 03:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

honda engines, if maintained properly, tend to be nothing short of bulletproof. the price of 2.5 l is still a little low. in bangalore it may go for above 3. the old hondas still command great resale value.

no-one mentioned interior build? check on that. the OHC is kinda flimsy there, and it's rather annoying to have your 100bhp monster squeaking when you want to spank it.

cheers

viper
Old 25th February 2005, 04:59   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

haha...pretty ironic... i have a 1 lac km done 1.3 city .. i had mentioned it in a previous post i dont know if u read it but in short... its runss and performs like new!! its amazing how good honda engines r if kept well.
Old 25th February 2005, 09:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
ya 1.25 lakhs --- i like it more (replace with a powerful engine)dont bother much aabt engine stuff

1.5 ok

1.75 yak ok grrrrrrrrrrrr

2.0 nonono

for me dude

hey vulken
get me an honda city 2000 model for 1.25 in hyd!
have the cash ready!
heck my 1997 esteem, will get more than 1.6l and it has done abt 88k kms!

this car would be a steal for 2 to 2.5l if it's the new shape one

wonder where are gto ,shan and others on this?
Old 25th February 2005, 10:10   #26
BHPian

Sent you a PM, Sahil. Aadix, it's the one with non-crystal backlights. Rest I full agree that this car, from what i've seen and heard of it, at 2.5L is a steal.

The tenders are opening on 3rd March. Pray for me, guys! :-)
Old 26th February 2005, 01:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
hey vulken
get me an honda city 2000 model for 1.25 in hyd!
have the cash ready!
heck my 1997 esteem, will get more than 1.6l and it has done abt 88k kms!

this car would be a steal for 2 to 2.5l if it's the new shape one

wonder where are gto ,shan and others on this?
Hey man hyd market is different from others, delhi you get cheap.

and in the future please dont quote me.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 26th February 2005 at 01:57.
Old 2nd March 2005, 12:31   #28
BHPian

Ok I am disappointed but I ain't getting the car. The officer who had the car is buying it from company. I know this before the bidding closes today. Anyway, I guess I'll postpone plan to buy a Honda to maybe another 2-3 years, and meanwhile be happy with a new small car (like Zen) :(
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the car. But why the obsession with Honda?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks