Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 03:11   #16
BHPian

Pun unintended

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
You left out the Mitsubishi Cedia. It deserves a TD. You'll be surprised I can assure you.
Hi RoC,

It seems Cedia is like Hard Rock Cafe. They don't advertise. Have loyal customers. Is not exactly cheap. Only sold thru word of mouth.

cheers:
Old 17th June 2008, 03:17   #17
BHPian

Levelling up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I think Skoda exec's are on the payroll of certain competitors. First, they zero in on 3 cylinder engines for a premium hatch, then they goof up the pricing....and best of all, no testdrive cars available!

They better kick the habit of whatever they have been smokin'
GTO,

At last Skoda's trying to live up to its reputation of a middle of the road fella. Canot sustain the hot air any longer. Except, Superb, the whole product ineup is looking stale.

If they drop prices of Fabia due low sales, thats the end of Skoda's premium India story.

Or is it an internal onslaught by VW to deemphasize Skoda for its own gameplan in this market?
Old 17th June 2008, 08:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Spot on... you won't get a better handling car below the 325i.
have you driven a Ford Fiesta even an old ikon?

Skoda are suffering from making a poor choice of dealers. Suggest you go to their website and make a complaint, they actually will respond.

Agreed, fabia engine choice is ridiculous.

Last edited by ajmat : 17th June 2008 at 09:02.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
have you driven a Ford Fiesta even an old ikon?

Skoda are suffering from making a poor choice of dealers. Suggest you go to their website and make a complaint, they actually will respond.

Agreed, fabia engine choice is ridiculous.
Yup have... the Fiesta is very very good but I'd rate the Cedia to be better at the corners. Never driven the old ikon. Infact I'd rate Ford's best handler to be the Ford Focus which I drove in its Mercury avatar (Milan). That car was a bomb... seriously rev happy V6 and boy did it handle... probably the best I've experienced in an FWD. Its significantly better than the Cedia but the ride was very jarring.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 17th June 2008 at 12:28.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:46   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

On the subject of handling, the Fabia has pretty decent road manners. Problem is, that puny engine isn't really going to let you explore the limits now, is it? Unless of course, you are going down hill with the wind direction in your favour . Talk about speed phobia....
Old 17th June 2008, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Cars have nothing to do with bad dealer/company service.

YEH HAI HINDUSTAN MERE JAAN

Yahaan honda ya skoda sabki dealer/company service ek hi.

Find a car of your choice not a dealer.

And in my case my Octy was delivered to me before I even made the payment. (matura road delhi dealer)

Probably I just found a good dealer by mistake.

But in the case of honda the car was not available for TD as they say its a CBU unit and takes time to come to india (this is when 2.0 was launched) so couldn't the company send a TD when they opened the booking?

And a million bad things happened at this Ace Honda Dealer Noida. (Stay away from this place).

But this bombay dealer has so far being fine.

But Then now the hyundai, delhi one was real good and here this sreeshanth hyundai have been pathetic. and made a bill of 30,000/- for a new axel. even though the axel comes in warranty. (Some rubber was cut and grease came out and it got bend) They have now send photos of it to the head office decesion is still pending.

So at the end of it not a getting a car for TD doesn't mean thats not a good car and getting a chevy car for TD immediately thats means it good either.

though I have no knowledge of how good or bad these fabia and aveo are.
But one things for sure there dealer would have the same attitude one or the other.

PS: Had a corsa and was not really impressed with these GM guys.

Last edited by CR-V : 17th June 2008 at 13:26.
Old 17th June 2008, 21:33   #22
aks316

hi.. if i buy fabia it will be diesel and not petrol due to the good mileage of fabia diesel.. what is the mileage of aveo 1.6 as i want my car with airbags and abs.. i guess i have to take a test drive of cedia if it is soo good.. i was thinkin of fiesta also but i have heard horror stories of ford service so i dont want to be a part of it.. any news on the new honda city and when is it going to be launched..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks