Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:44   #31
BHPian

Dear Team,

Thanks for all your invaluable suggestions. I am really overwhelmed by the response and the way you explained the nitty-gritty of minute aspects is awesome. After going through your ideas and suggestions i have made myself to go for Lancer.
Now I am in hyderabad and am searching for Lancer. I came around few lancers and given are the details.

1. GLXd 2001- Gold- 79000Kms- II Owner - 365000/-
2. GLXd 1999- Silver-60000Kms- II Owner-Fully loaded- 295000/-
3. GLXd 2000- Silver-64000Kms- II Owner-FL-230000/-

Can you suggest me which is a better deal?

PS: After some time I may go back to chennai. If it is so what are the cons of the deal.
(I am not getting as many lancers in Chennai with a better price. Its always quoted 50K more than the above price.)

Thanks,
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:09   #32
BHPian

Forerunner - Stay away from the golden lancer both due to price and the colour.All the GLX D Lancer's came fully loaded but I dont know why you have specially mentioned that in the 2nd Lancer[1999 silver]. BTW are you sure these Mileage figures are genuine. Please get it double checked.
The Price quoted for the 3rd lancer is very attractive though.
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ForeRunner;875762]Dear Team,

1. GLXd 2001- Gold- 79000Kms- II Owner - 365000/-
2. GLXd 1999- Silver-60000Kms- II Owner-Fully loaded- 295000/-
3. GLXd 2000- Silver-64000Kms- II Owner-FL-230000/-

Can you suggest me which is a better deal?

Welcome to Lancer club. Trust me you won't regret your decision, if you pick up a good car. Of the three above, it is impossible to tell which one is good without actually seeing and driving. I suggest you take a Mitsu showroom mechanic along. Their eyes and ears are trained to pick up faults which laymen like you and me may miss out on. Give him a good tip and he will help you decide.

Chennai used car market seems to command good price for Lancers.
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Forerunner - Stay away from the golden lancer both due to price and the colour. BTW are you sure these Mileage figures are genuine. Please get it double checked.
The Price quoted for the 3rd lancer is very attractive though.

Yes, Gold color is yuck yuck. All Lancers come with digital odometer and I was under the impression that they cannot be tampered with. Correct me if I am wrong. 3rd Lancer indeed looks very promising unless it requires some major work on it.
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:53   #35
BHPian

Pgsagar - Thats right! THe Lancer always came with a digital Odo but if the car had a faulty speedometer the Odometer will not work as well. I think a great deal of verifying this can be done with careful inspection of the vehicle.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:41   #36
BHPian

Anybody regretted after buying a used Diesel?

Hi All,

As I said I have gone to inspect the used Lancers and I am not convinced with them. One car's condition was too bad and another one's service history and other records are not proper. As I am coming from chennai I feel some what insecure if I purchase this car in hyderabad from an unknown source. So still looking for a Lancer.

In between I have a question:

Have anybody regretted after buying a used Diesel Lancer or any used Diesel car? if so can you please share your experience.

The reason I am asking it here is, one of my friend who worked in Ford and HM insists me to go for a new one.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks