Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:18   #91
BHPian

According to me the cedia is a much better car cos it has really good suspension. Has more room on the inside but in the down side its expensive to maintain. I have a lancer 2003 its maintenance cost us more than the crv's. And mind you car is in good condition. When it comes to the drive i think they are evenly matched but you just cant rule out the displacement. Also i think that cedia has better build quality and features.

karan
Old 24th February 2010, 16:12   #92
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, I am glad you posted. We are pretty much in agreement here. Is the Fiesta a better handler? Yes. Does the Cedia have a better ride? Yes. Is the Cedia more comfy? Yes again. I am sorry you were forced to post publicly about what you do with your car. The things that we do with our driving machines are best not posted here.

lifeonwheels: Barring the top 5-6 drivers in F1 who get paid to drive, everyone else pays to drive. I am surprised you do not know this fact considering that you have professional track experience. The sponsorships that a driver brings are vital for the smaller teams. Google this or create a thread in the Motorsport section if you want confirmation.

cuttingcrew: If you want a car from a purely driver's perspective, but the Fiesta 1.6S. If you want to have fun along with comfort, buy the Cedia. TD both.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I would take Narain's comments about bad handling of the Cedia with a pinch of salt.

Make it with "a bag of salt" Cedia handling is miles ahead of Ford Fiesta.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:07   #94
Senior - BHPian

The engine response of a Ford is something I have yet to find on any car. I vote for the Fiesta. Its cheaper by quite a bit, offers pretty much all the kit the Lancer has & in my books has the best steering.

I find the Lancer quite stale for a 2L engine. The figures on the spec sheet do say a lot but on the road it just does not respond in the manner its supposed to.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:58   #95
BHPian

Gilead said
Quote:
lifeonwheels: Barring the top 5-6 drivers in F1 who get paid to drive, everyone else pays to drive. I am surprised you do not know this fact considering that you have professional track experience. The sponsorships that a driver brings are vital for the smaller teams. Google this or create a thread in the Motorsport section if you want confirmation.
@Gilead..Thanks a lot for the info.Oh and (if it makes yo happy) i never knew this.
BTW if my post is read carefully when did I say that N.K is the only driver to buy his way in or something about sposorships? Moreover when did I say I don't know this? all that you said is something I never said. All i said was that I wouldn't believer someone (or anyone) blindly who bought his way into racing. Assumptions - well they don't work everytime

FYI - the reason why I had to quit racing bikes on track is because I couldn't afford to do exactly what you enlightened me about in your previous post.

no point in carrying this further here on this thread. Let's just stick to cars in comparison here. if you have any other assumptions to clarify or answer to then please PM me. I'll be glad to find something in my inbox which could bring a smile (laugh) to my face.

@sandeepmohan. I second your opinion regarding the engine response of the Fiesta. It's quite an eager engine thereby adding quite a lot to overall driving pleasure.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:50   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
Someone with the budget of 7-8 lakhs won't just walk in to a Mitsubishi showroom and buy a Cedia and the same vice-versa for obvious addictive reasons attached to the Cedia.
I depends on an individual. When i had a buget of 7-8 lakhs for a new car i test drove cars from Civic, Optra to Cedia, Fiesta, SX4 and Verna. The car that i bought was a different story

Quote:
As far as Narain Karthikeyan is concerned I don't think he is the best person to be believed. He's just a testimony of (andho me kaana raja)... bla bla bla
This is total uncalled for

Quote:
cedia however provides more comfort and safety than Fiesta.
Can you enlighten on the extra safety that cedia provides?

Quote:
Rather than believeing every tom dick and harry we need to check things for ourselves and judge accordingly.
Quote:
but going by the views of someone incredible isn't a very good thing.
We are looking at collective wisdom and knowledge. I have posted my views on this forum, going by your logic every comment on this forum is incredible. We had made references from lot of players ACI to Overdrive etc but that doesn't warrant to bash some here

Quote:
but all I wnated to highlight here is that comparisons should be fair and refernces should be taken from at least a bit of credible resources unlike N.K.
Like lifeonwheels??

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Infact last week itself a friend decided to book a cedia after test driving Fiesta 1.6 & ANHC.
As is said earlier it depends on the individual. your friend book Cedia and the reason can be many. I test drove Civic, Optra to Cedia, Fiesta, SX4, Verna and finally bought SX4. So other car not capable?

Quote:
Regarding the international tracks. both are internationally sold cars and just passing a verdict based on the Chennai track doesn't do justice considering its design.
We need cars tested based on Indian conditions and because it is internationally sold it doesn't mean it will take the beating of India road conditions.

Quote:

@sandeepmohan. I second your opinion regarding the engine response of the Fiesta. It's quite an eager engine thereby adding quite a lot to overall driving pleasure.
You said it all. If i had the budget and need a enthusiasts car i would go for Fiesta S.
Old 27th February 2010, 12:19   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Though i have never driven a Cedia but i am surprised with comments that its handling is being questioned knowing well that its one of the most preferred car for rallies in our country.

Do you think they look only at tuning friendly engines and dont consider the handling aspects when they enter a rally championship?

I guess there is no facts listed anywhere to prove which is a better handling car. And, when we are comparing something as close as a Cedia and Fiesta the third most important factor that comes into play is driver skills. A better Fiesta driver can beat a cedia and vice-versa.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Though i have never driven a Cedia but i am surprised with comments that its handling is being questioned knowing well that its one of the most preferred car for rallies in our country.
Very well said Avi, that makes two of us. I'm a Fiesta owner myself & do agree that its a great handler. But to say that it licks the Cedia clean simply because NK said so - I'm not sure I agree.

Anyway, I will come back & comment on this once I TD the Cedia Sports in the not too distant future
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:53   #99
BHPian

Used fiesta 1.6 s Vs cedia sports

I have just moved to Bangalore and looking for a driver's car to complement my swift. Currently I have the option of a :

2009 Fiesta 1.6 s - 25000 km on the clock
lancer cedia - 2007 - 18000 km on the clock
lancer cedia - 2007 - 13000 km on the clock

all of these are the in the region of Rs. 5.75 lakh - Rs. 6.5 lakh. Of course, both of them have their own pros and cos.

Of course, if I stretch the budget a little more, I can get a civic for about Rs. 8 lakh but the low ground clearance puts me off.

all other things being equal, which would make a better car to have fun in mostly city traffic and the occassional jaunt on the highway.

~ varadha

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd January 2011 at 17:13. Reason: Similar thread exists, please use Search before opening new thread. Thanks
Old 4th January 2011, 07:55   #100
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta S or Cedia Sports?

There is a new fiesta proposed to debut this march. Given Fords general approach, they would probably take the existing fiesta down a segment with a significant price cut.

This would have a definite impact on the resale value of the 1.6S as well.

You could possibly look to postpone your buying decision into April and look at both the new price of the Fiesta 1.6 S as well as the seconds price in the market.
Old 4th January 2011, 08:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used fiesta 1.6 s Vs cedia sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by varadha_r View Post
I have just moved to Bangalore and looking for a driver's car to complement my swift. Currently I have the option of a :

2009 Fiesta 1.6 s - 25000 km on the clock
lancer cedia - 2007 - 18000 km on the clock
lancer cedia - 2007 - 13000 km on the clock

all of these are the in the region of Rs. 5.75 lakh - Rs. 6.5 lakh. Of course, both of them have their own pros and cos.

Of course, if I stretch the budget a little more, I can get a civic for about Rs. 8 lakh but the low ground clearance puts me off.

all other things being equal, which would make a better car to have fun in mostly city traffic and the occassional jaunt on the highway.

~ varadha
@Varadha,

Pick up the Fiesta S of course, no two questions about that. It will in fact more than complement your Swift unless you are more oriented towards the car with the low mileage.
Old 4th January 2011, 08:50   #102
BHPian

Go for the Cedia. You already have a small car. Fiesta is indeed a drivers car but Cedia is a complete car in terms of ride comfort, handling and space. If I remember, fiesta does not even have a dead pedal.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:21   #103
Senior - BHPian

i own a fiesta 1.6 SXI and i love it, but when you go inside a cedia.... its great... good looking interiors, comfortable and that kenwood touchscreen is awesome...
Old 4th January 2011, 09:22   #104
BANNED

AFAIK the Fiesta S has been discontinued. This is as per the information provided by the dealer some months ago when a friend of mine inquired.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
AFAIK the Fiesta S has been discontinued. This is as per the information provided by the dealer some months ago when a friend of mine inquired.
Absolutely not true. The S is still available and I can confirm this since I visited the dealer in Thane in the last week of Dec. I also saw a Sea grey S on display. The rumours of Fiesta S being discountinued is an hoax.

I think the dealer in your city might not have the S in stock, hence the information.

Most Viewed