Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta S or Cedia Sports?

I have shortlisted the Cedia Sports but the advent of Fiesta S has confused me a bit! I know they are in two different leagues. I presently own a Ford Ikon and I'm really fed up with the Maintenece costs involved,would be selling it. Fiesta looks great but my experience with Ford gives me the jitters.

Requirements: A good looking/head-turning and sporty car with good handling and performance! I know its too much to ask but Fuel efficiency and maintenance costs are a consideration as well.

Usage: Around 600 Kms of City Commute plus 1-2 long distance drives of 600-800 Kms each month. (Does Optra Magnum Deisel make any sense?)

Now, Here are the choices I'm confused with:

New:
Cedia Sports Version
The new Ford Fiesta S

Used:
Cedia Sports Manchester Red -Sept 2007 Model, Mileage 6000 Kms, Company owned - Asking Price 7.2 Lakhs. (Is it a steal?)

Questions:

Could any of you guide me on this? Also, what is the fuel efficiancy of the Cedia in city trafiic, more particularly Bangalore? And the maintence cost? How expensive are the spares and how does it compare with Ford? Overall how does it compare with the Fiesta?

Thanks! Look forward to your responses.

Last edited by car'zy : 23rd June 2008 at 11:24.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usage: Around 600 Kms of City Commute plus 1-2 long distance drives of 600-800 Kms each month. (Does Optra Magnum Deisel make any sense?)
Well, Your usage is right for Petrol & Diesel both. Remember Diesel nowadays is not the choice for high mileage runners only. It is now opted more & more for Performance & lower running costs. So Buying a Diesel should not be a problem for you.

Quote:
Cedia Sports Version
The new Ford Fiesta S
Both cars are very good. but remember Fiesta S is the latest car and looks HOT. Cedia is a few years old and sales never took off so Resale is pretty poor. Buying a Used Cedia for 7.2 Lacs does not make sense.

In my opinion you should go in a for a new Fiesta S.

Now as far as your confusion on Petrol & Diesel go. I would highly recommend in buying a Diesel over the Petrol.

You have 2 cars to choose from in the Diesel Segment if you want Perfomance, Looks and a mix of Everything -

Optra Magnum - 120 BHP - FE of more than 15 kpl
Hyundai Verna - 110 BHP - FE of more than 16 kpl

Both are excellent cars and can easily beat Petrol cars in terms of Performance.

Decision is yours now Mate !! Cheers !!

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd June 2008 at 11:35.
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

For performance, fast looks and good comfort and enough rear legroom the Cedia is good.. Plus its pretty well equipped.

How about finding a good Cedia LPG? That way u get everything!!
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Talk to reignofchaos on this forum, his service experience with the car was pretty positive even after switching to southern motors so you wont have to worry on that front. other than that i guess its up to your preferences so drive both the cars and see which one you like. you will probably save much more with the fiesta though since its more than a lac less otr right? plus its smaller so i guess it will be easier to manage in traffic
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
I have shortlisted the Cedia Sports but the advent of Fiesta S has confused me a bit! I know they are in two different leagues. I presently own a Ford Ikon and I'm really fed up with the Maintenece costs involved,would be selling it. Fiesta looks great but my experience with Ford gives me the jitters.

Requirements: A good looking/head-turning and sporty car with good handling and performance! I know its too much to ask but Fuel efficiency and maintenance costs are a consideration as well.

Now, Here are the choices I'm confused with:

New:
Cedia Sports Version
The new Ford Fiesta S

Used:
Cedia Sports Manchester Red -Sept 2007 Model, Mileage 6000 Kms, Company owned - Asking Price 7.2 Lakhs. (Is it a steal?)

Questions:

Could any of you guide me on this? Also, what is the fuel efficiancy of the Cedia in city trafiic, more particularly Bangalore? And the maintence cost? How expensive are the spares and how does it compare with Ford? Overall how does it compare with the Fiesta?

Thanks! Look forward to your responses.
Out of the two cars, as you already have trouble with ford, go for Cedia instead. Although it is old, it is a good car. The fuel effeciency is good for a 2 ltr engine. You can read the reviews on T-BHP.

However, if you dont mind buying a diesel, Optra Magnum is also good option.

Other car to look forward to is Verna Crdi.

The reviews of all the cars are available on T-BHP itself for your reference.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 23rd June 2008 at 11:57.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:00   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the quick replies! What are your views on the Used Cedia offer which I have got? I have driven it and its in great shape. 6000 Mileage seems genuine. It was bought for a Senior Executive who quit soon after and the company is planning to sell it. If I confirm buying it, they will by-pass the tender process etc (the transport guy of the company who's close to the Admin is a good friend of mine!)

Initally I was not looking for a used car. Optra Magnum and Cedia have been two of my favorites and were shortlists. But after this Cedia offer and the introduction of Feista S, I'm reconsidering it. Heart somwhow still pumps for Cedia. But want to make the right decision!
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:48   #7
BHPian

Are you sure abt the price? It looks very good. Drive a Cedia and you would not even think of any other car.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking for a head turner & love driving, just go for Cedia!

Last edited by finneyp : 23rd June 2008 at 14:04.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

The price looks pretty damn good for a Sept 2007 car if its in good condition. I'd buy it. The prices of new cars have gone up recently.

The Fiesta S seems interesting. You might want to test drive it once and see how it feels. Seems the suspension has been reworked a bit and stiffened.

Note to folks recommending a verna or optra - someone in this forum said this - "Straight line cr@p! Corners is where it matters. Even a brick can go fast if you throw it fast enough. Can it turn?"

Last edited by reignofchaos : 23rd June 2008 at 14:04.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

At 7.2 lacs for the Cedia Sports 2007 september, its a good buy. Go grab it!
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you've already owned a Ford and not terribly excited with their experience, look ath the Cedia - which a very capable car. And at 7.2 lac for a 07 Sep model is a steal. try to push for 7 if possible.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:30   #12
BHPian

Car'zy, you have not mentioned your budget, but I am presuming that it is around 10-11L? Also, about resale value - is that a consideration at all? Is there a reason why you had only Optra Magnum(diesel?) and Cedia only in your shortlist to start with?
It looks like your usage is at least around 1500 kms per month, so diesel will start making sense and you can try Verna as well.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:03   #13
BHPian

Cedia sports at 7.2L is a great buy!! go for it with your eyes closed After sale service for Ford and Mitsubishi is at the same level so nothing to compare there..
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Go for the used Cedia at 7 lacs ! It should be a good buy. Since you faced problems with Ford stay away from it.

Last edited by karanraheja : 23rd June 2008 at 15:21.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:42   #15
BHPian

Thanks Guys for some perspective! Although I'm impressed with the new fiesta, but the kind of money I have blown on maintening it past 50000 mileage isnt easy to forget! On the other hand, I have really enjoyed the Ikon's handling and look forward to something similiar or better.

Sridharps/All:

My budget is under 10 or thereabouts! Magnum Deisel is a little off budget, and then the sump issues written about here scares me a little. Verna is a great car by most accounts but the looks dont excite me all that much!

Resale value is not a huge consideration as I'm planning to keep the next car I buy for atleast 4-5 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks