Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 11:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjinds View Post
Hi,

I am getting a Mar 2006 Baleno lxi which has done 30K kms for 3.50 Lakhs in Noida. Kindly let me know if you think it is a good buy ? What is the normal maintenance cost of a belano ? and the last question is what is the service interval for getting a baleno serviced ?

My monthly running on this car would not be more then 1000 Kms.

Thanks !
IMO its an awesome car to drive and keep. Great performance (During its time) and Low Maintenance (Its a Maruti). Only backdraw that i can see here is the discontinuation of the model due to it being an older design. 3.5L is a decent price for a Balena thats only run 30K (that too in NCR Region!). But you will not get any resale for it the next time around. I would still advise you to look up a car that is still in circulation like a Honda else you can always put in some $ and get a brand new Logan which will give you trouble free service for at least 2-3 Years.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

We were involved in small crash in our Baleno and the prices of spared were high in 2007. Dont know about the cost of spares right now.

Please check wheather the regular maintenence is done or not. Get your car checked by A.S & S. If there is nothing fishy you could spot, then its a nice deal. Go ahead for it.
Old 25th June 2008, 17:31   #18

Thanks friends for your replies ! I have decided to go-ahead and buy this Vehicle, Shall be putting up the pics after getting hold of the car in next week.

Can anyone please guide me if there is anything in particular to be taken care of in 30K service ? As I plan to get it serviced ASAP on getting the possession. Any estimate on the expected cost is also welcome :-)
Old 25th June 2008, 19:50   #19
BHPian

Dont have too much info on a 30K service for Baleno. Best bet would be to call Maruti helpline/dealer and get info firsthand. I know that my Zen (2002) had to undergo a major service expense (about 10K) at 40K Kms. Thats when they had replaced all the fluids (AC, Coolant, Engine Oil, Brake Oil etc) and basically cleaned all the nozzles etc and fit everything back into place. As a result of this my AC started working like amazing!
Old 25th June 2008, 23:24   #20
BHPian

@ amitjinds : Good luck and Congratulations (in advance). I picked a May 2006 LXi about 10 days back for 4.5 Lacs. Car had 15k on the odo and was in excellent condition. Since I bought it from Maruti TrueValue, the price was a bit on the higher side. The car is warranted for one year with 3 free services, though.

About servicing, go thru the Owner's Manual. A detailed list of services and parts replacement is given in that, along with the time period and interval at which it has to be done. Since it was a company owned car, it is more likely to have been regularly serviced at an authorised service centre only. Chances are, you may be able to get complete service history of the vehicle too. Find out from the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I completely agree here. Just been helping a friend buy a baleno and the prices are in bangalore. Finally we decided to look around in Mysore or some other place.
There is a June 2005 KA 12 (Coorg/Madikeri Regn) Baleno LXi in Mandovi TrueValue in Mysore. 46k on the odo, good condition, bonnet repainted once, complete service history available with Insurance upto June 2009. Comes with Aura alloys with 185/60 (non-stock) tyres. Asking price was close to 4 Lacs (down from 4.25 lacs). Saw it while i picked up my car.
Old 26th June 2008, 09:50   #21

Baleno 2003 model

Whats the buying price of an Baleno 2003 model with 40k done?
Old 26th June 2008, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalakannan View Post
Whats the buying price of an Baleno 2003 model with 40k done?
Bangalore prices are bloated compared to the rest of India. Expect the price to in anywhere in 2.5~3 lacs range. Though 40k in a 5yr old car is not impossible, get it double checked at a reputed/authorised service centre.

Also check if the car comes with accessories - ICE, alloy wheels, (in case of LXi) etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks