Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 14:56   #31
BHPian

What is it thats special in the engine of the Vista

Hi GTO.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little sceptical about the Indica Vista since it has a Fiat engine. Fiat engines are known for their poor mileage though they are robust. Moreover, i would like to know if the new engine technically justifies any drastic difference in performance as compared to the normal TDI engine of the Indigo.

JustStarted,
I agree with you. The prices seem to be all over the place on the website. But if you look at it in the real sense, it seems pointless if the Indigo CS & the Indigo LS are priced equal. I would definitely assume the CS to be cheaper.

Look forward to hearing everyone`s opinions on the Indica Vista!

Cheers.
Peets.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:08   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little sceptical about the Indica Vista since it has a Fiat engine. Fiat engines are known for their poor mileage though they are robust. Moreover, i would like to know if the new engine technically justifies any drastic difference in performance as compared to the normal TDI engine of the Indigo.
Hi Peets, this Fiat engine is the same that made the Swift diesel so popular. It is perfect for a hatchback and is, in fact, amongst the best small diesels in the world. Yes, it is very fuel efficient too.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:12   #33
BANNED

Wonder how the heavier Vista will perform with the same engine compared to a lighter Swift.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peets View Post
Hi GTO.
Thats the first time I've heard anyone say that ! the MJD engine give 20~25kmpl on the swift, far better than any tata engine...
Old 27th August 2008, 12:26   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Wonder how the heavier Vista will perform with the same engine compared to a lighter Swift.
Expectedly, not as sprightly since the Vista tips the scales at a full 200 kilos+. But Tata has given the Vista lower gearing for in-city performance. The initial reviews have been encouraging.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks