Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 23:18   #1
BHPian

Need Advise: Confusion on Indigo models

Hi Folks..
I currently have an Indica V2 DLS & am looking to upgrade to the New Indigo CS Diesel.. However i am a bit confused with regard to the models.. The options are between the TDS & the DICOR versions. Is there any potential advantage of the DICOR engine versus the Turbo engine in terms of Mileage, Performance or maintenance coss etc?? I look forward to hearing your opinions..

Cheers..
Peets.
Old 21st July 2008, 23:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

mileage - dicor wins( you get ~1kmpl more )
performance- again dicor wins ( power arrives faster , less turbo lag, so better driveablity)
maintenance- i think the dicor's might be on the higher side since it is more complex

more importantly, are you willing to shell out 50k more for the dicor CS when the dicor indica is just 30k more than the equivalent turbo?

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st July 2008 at 23:50.
Old 22nd July 2008, 13:27   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I didn't bother waiting for DICOR reviews, and just picked up the regular TDi instead. Reason? Its far simpler, easy to work on and very reliable. If its utility that you are looking for, I'd say go for the TDi. It is old school but does the job equally well.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:54   #4
BANNED

Folks, upgrade time and confusion between the Indigo CS LS TDi and the Indigo LX TDi. I'm not considering the DICOR option.

As far as I could make out, the only real extras that the Indigo LX has are:
Power Windows
Central Locking
Rear Defogger

I couldn't care less about cosmetic stuff like beige interiors and chrome inserts on rub rails etc. However, factory fit is factory fit - the rear defogger is the only feature that really interests me. Power windows and central locking would be nice to have.

What do you recommend and why? I would have liked to go in for a car with more safety features but cannot afford it now.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Get the Marina, the best looker in the TATA stable.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
However, factory fit is factory fit - the rear defogger is the only feature that really interests me. Power windows and central locking would be nice to have.
The dealer can fix the power windows and central locking for you - a lot of customers go for this. There would be no warranty issues when you get it done from the dealer. The rear defogger is a bit difficult to retrofit as the back glass would have to be changed - involving the rubber seals to be removed - slightly messy IMO. I've driven a DLG Indica for 2 years and find that the defogger has been rarely used (A couple of ooty trips is when i recollect I needed to use it)
Hope this helps!
Old 11th August 2008, 13:57   #7
BANNED

esteem_lover, agreed the Marina is the best looker. Looks apart, I am looking for views on which car is a better buy, feature wise. Call it a price vs. feature choice at the cost of ~75 litres of boot space.

viper_711, with the Indigo CS I might retrofit central / remote locking but never power windows. Call it my aversion to modify a car. Defoggers are very useful in pouring rain on the highway.

Is the rear defogger (along with the central locking & power windows) and the ~75 litres of boot space worth the nearly 1 lakh extra?

Last edited by hrag : 11th August 2008 at 14:01.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Defoggers are very useful in pouring rain on the highway.

Is the rear defogger (along with the central locking & power windows) and the ~75 litres of boot space worth the nearly 1 lakh extra?
If the HVAC is switched on, you don't need the defogger in pouring rain - the HVAC doesn't allow fogging on the inside and the question of fogging on the outside doesn't arise with the pouring rain.

About the extra 1 lakh - I don't think its worth the difference. My vote to the CS LS.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:25   #9
BANNED

OK then stupid question from me: why is the defogger present when HVAC is provided? I'm asking this from an Indica perspective - have had the rear screen badly fogged in rain and no, it wasn't the spray from the rear tyres. My LSi doesn't have HVAC only plain A/C.

From a purchase point of view, if you folks can convince me that the defogger is not required, my decision is made simple.
Old 11th August 2008, 17:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

If you know how to use both the orvms effectively, there is no need for the defogger during driving. However in case you are reversing then a foggy backglass will obstruct vision. How many years did we continue to drive without a rear defogger? If your decison is dependent on this then you can live without one I am sure.
Old 11th August 2008, 17:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

the only time i needed a defogger was when i went overboard with the AC at night and the outside of the rear window fogged up.
Old 11th August 2008, 18:35   #12
BHPian

will there be a face lifted indigo in the lines of new v3?
Old 11th August 2008, 18:50   #13
BANNED

viper_711 & wanderernomad, you have made my decision simple. Thank you.
My only "situation" may be reversing with a foggy rear glass but I'll have to manage the way I do right now. Thanks again.
Old 11th August 2008, 19:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

hraq, can you adjust with the small and weird looking indigo CS steering wheel ?

can the indica wheel be fitted instead ?
Old 11th August 2008, 19:23   #15
BANNED

I'm assuming the Indigo CS steering wheel (SW) is the same size as the Indigo SW, which is smaller than the Indica SW. The Safari and Indigo share the same SW size, if I'm not mistaken.

The Indica's SW is OK, only problem is that it feels big after you drive another car.

I like to keep things stock - the only modifications I might consider in the case of the Indigo LX (if I buy it) are changing the tail lamp assembly to the older Indigo assembly, which is better looking. Same with the ORVMs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks