Team-BHP - Thinking about a 2000 Lancer Automatic in Chennai EDIT : Now bought 1.8 Invex
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Thinking about a 2000 Lancer Automatic in Chennai EDIT : Now bought 1.8 Invex (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/42859-thinking-about-2000-lancer-automatic-chennai-edit-now-bought-1-8-invex.html)

I am currently considering a 2000 Lancer, automatic with 60k kms in Chennai - asking price is 2.4L. Mechanicals seem ok, although awaiting final report from a mechanic. Cosmetically, the paint on the bonnet is bubbling and the front grill is not the original - it is from a newer model, made to fit into this. So, my doubt is that there must have been some mishap involving the front of the car.

How to verify it?

Also, where in Chennai can I get the original grill for a 2000 Lancer?
Is repainting the whole car a good idea? Any rough cost estimate will be good.
Is it possible to replace or cover the aged interior panels/leather seat covers so that the age does not show? What are the options here? Cost will help too.

Will appreciate any input - have never owned a car in India, hence do not know much about the options here.

Thank you.

I would request you to stay away from such a car. Looks like it has been in an accident. Find another good lancer, there are plenty around.

Welcome to the team, AutomaticChoice. You sure live up to your handle, dont ya?

I smell something fishy here....the only automatic Lancer that was sold in India, debuted in 2003 (or in the whereabouts). It was called the Lancer Invex and came with a 1.8 liter engine.

esteem_lover, GTO, thanks for your input. I am also skeptical and may not go for it.

what other options are available in automatics within 3-4L range (for used), excluding Santro, Wagon-r, City & Lancer?

Does any of the Ford models (Ikon, fusion etc) have automatic variants?

Pitiful scenario for automatics:Frustrati

Quote:

what other options are available in automatics within 3-4L range (for used), excluding Santro, Wagon-r, City & Lancer?
Within sedans, the OHC Automatic is your best bet. Dippy picked one up and is extremely satisfied with its performance. Search for his review threads. If you can stretch your budget, nothing like a used NHC CVT.

Is 5L a reasonable price for a 2004 City CVT in good condition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice (Post 914731)
Is 5L a reasonable price for a 2004 City CVT in good condition?

5-6L is the used car value for a good CVT. have it checked with Honda before you commit

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice (Post 912947)
I am currently considering a 2000 Lancer, automatic with 60k kms in Chennai - asking price is 2.4L. Mechanicals seem ok, although awaiting final report from a mechanic. Cosmetically, the paint on the bonnet is bubbling and the front grill is not the original - it is from a newer model, made to fit into this. So, my doubt is that there must have been some mishap involving the front of the car.

How to verify it?

Also, where in Chennai can I get the original grill for a 2000 Lancer?
Is repainting the whole car a good idea? Any rough cost estimate will be good.
Is it possible to replace or cover the aged interior panels/leather seat covers so that the age does not show? What are the options here? Cost will help too.

Will appreciate any input - have never owned a car in India, hence do not know much about the options here.

Thank you.

I have a 2000 model sfxi sports lancer which is fully loaded in ferrari red colour. You can look at it in the market place section. Have a look at it and if you are interested we can take this further. Car is in super-mint condition. It is a very rare car so mind you it comes at a marginal premium. Only reason I am selling my car is beacuse i am upgrading to civic/RS. cAR IS IN CHENNAI.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsfx (Post 918516)
I have a 2000 model sfxi sports lancer which is fully loaded in ferrari red colour. You can look at it in the market place section. Have a look at it and if you are interested we can take this further. Car is in super-mint condition. It is a very rare car so mind you it comes at a marginal premium. Only reason I am selling my car is beacuse i am upgrading to civic/RS. cAR IS IN CHENNAI.

Cheers

redsfx... sorry, I was looking for an automatic and bought this one Lancer Invex 1.8 Low mileage, thanks to team-bhp classifieds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutomaticChoice (Post 919592)
redsfx... sorry, I was looking for an automatic and bought this one Lancer Invex 1.8 Low mileage, thanks to team-bhp classifieds.

Lucky you thats one of the best looking lancer i have seen. enjoy the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram7912 (Post 923647)
Lucky you thats one of the best looking lancer i have seen. enjoy the car.

Thanks man. Took it out for a spin today for the first time - it is sweet...

Congratulations! The 1.8 Invex is a superb automatic sedan. What makes me happier is the fact that the Team-BHP Classifieds got you hooked up with the car.

Just saw this thread

Congratulations on the Invex. Its a fabulous car with awesome handling plus you get the best of both worlds AT and tiptronic manual. It didnt sell alot when it was launched so you finding a good used example that too on the forum is lucky. It was infact one of the first cars which was test driven by Team BHP after it was born.

Happy motoring and looking forward to pictures and your ownership review.

GTO, Dippy, thanks.

I agree the interior is spartan - but I like the simple looks. Love the meaty wood-leather steering wheel. It has cloth interiors - not having leather is a sore sight in this car.

Anyway, had my first dent today with a transport bus brushing me in stop-go traffic and leaving a 6"x 3" dent on the front left side panel:Frustrati. Have to check if there are and paintless dent removal options in TVM