Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 08:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveklk View Post
& my brother has Fiesta for past 8 months. He says, he should have gone for SX4 . It's huge on pocket & pathetic service.
Feeling so sorry for your brother, for his experience with a car many of us love so much. But can you please enunciate as to how a car, which is supposedly in its warranty period is heavy on the pocket.

Would agree that a person having back seat preferences would find the Fiesta wanting, have been in one. SX4, I dont know so will refrain from saying anything. Indigo XL is good for people who wouldn't care much about absolute driving pleasure. The petrol has that 100bhp 16v engine, the diesel (DICOR) though not logical for your usage is a pleasure too.
Old 8th August 2008, 08:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would say the Verna-D would be the best choice given your wants.

But if you are deciding between the SX4 & Fiesta - and you will be driven for most of the time - go for the SX4. If you love to drive - it's the Fiesta.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just 1 post from the thread starter and 30+ advises !!! I envy you bro, really envy you. Because I pleaded for some help on chosing an SUV in the 20 lk segment in the 'SUV under 20 lak' thread (started by someone else) and got just 3 responses ! I wonder why nobody was interested in helping out ! I know this forum rocks, but may be I was not loud enough to ask for help ! Now I am tossed beteen CRV to Cayenne, will start a thread soon after fixing my budget first.

Coming to your subject: I have a neighbour who owns both Fiesta and SX4, he is happy with both. May be he agreed with his heart and head simulataneously. I am sure there are many individual threads on both in our forum. Have a great time searching !
Old 8th August 2008, 13:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Feeling so sorry for your brother, for his experience with a car many of us love so much. But can you please enunciate as to how a car, which is supposedly in its warranty period is heavy on the pocket.
Exactly what I wanted to say! I wonder how it is heavy on the pocket. Even the FE figures of at Fiesta are better than an SX4's.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Just 1 post from the thread starter and 30+ advises !!! I envy you bro, really envy you. Because I pleaded for some help on chosing an SUV in the 20 lk segment in the 'SUV under 20 lak' thread (started by someone else) and got just 3 responses ! I wonder why nobody was interested in helping out !
May be I am slightly here, but I think you raise a very interesting point. I have also myself felt that, at times, some very interesting threads do not elicit much responses, while some others do. In general,I guess, the threads started by senior members do well and that is as it should be - after all, their contributions /thoughts can be very valuable. But what about the other threads?
In this case, the thread starter has started with a catchy headline " head says..but heart says.." He has also take some pains to outline his requirements and it certainly prompted me to read and respond at length.
But do threads which hit the forum at particular peak times do better? Is there a minimum threshold of posts which lays the platform for a great response? I am sure the team-bhp support staff would have access to data which can make for fascinating analysis!
Anyway, may be, this requires a separate thread for discussion!
Old 10th August 2008, 21:59   #36
BHPian

hi
u can wait for the new city which is expected soon which will have all the safety features or else go for the sx4.
sx4 and fiesta both have low f.e(petrol)
Old 17th August 2008, 00:31   #37
BHPian

Hi Peter

I was in the exact same dilemma about two months back and it was very very tough to pick one. Till the last day I could have gone either way and one fine morning I woke up and decided to go with my heart and picked up the fiesta.

You haven't mentioned about test drives. Before crossing out or selecting any car do take it for a spin even if it seems unlikely that you are going to buy it. After all one doesn't buy a new car everyday.

All the best!
Old 20th August 2008, 13:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
Hi Peter

I was in the exact same dilemma about two months back and it was very very tough to pick one. Till the last day I could have gone either way and one fine morning I woke up and decided to go with my heart and picked up the fiesta.

You haven't mentioned about test drives. Before crossing out or selecting any car do take it for a spin even if it seems unlikely that you are going to buy it. After all one doesn't buy a new car everyday.

All the best!
Same case here 2 months back but i took SX4. I didn't find much difference with respect to performance though there are many as per other guys. I went for SX4 due to interiors,integrated music system and maruti service . Ford center was very far from my place.
Again choice is yours try to do a test drive on a vehicle which is little old may be run 3 4K atleast to know the actual.
Old 22nd August 2008, 08:52   #39
BHPian

Don't know about the Fiesta mate, but I can say this about the SX4. I was on the lookout for a car in the 8 - 10L range and have now dropped the SX4 out of my list.
The car sucks for want of space in the back seat, if you are tall 6ft, and sit in the back seat, get ready for your head to knock on the C pillar. Also the inside plastic quality is horrendous, don't know what came over Maruti to provide something so lousy and cheap looking.
I plan to wait for the new Honda City and the Linea and choose one of them after a TD.
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:21   #40
BHPian

Hi,
I own the SX-4 for almost 14 months now.
The gear box is the worst i have experienced.It reminds me of the non floor model i had on the amby 6 years back. My bolero Gear box is notches ahead.
The clutch is BAD.
Inspite of repeated feedback, they could not do much.
The vehicle has absurd dimensions.
A and B piilars will give you nightmares on visiblity.
Not a patch on my esteem.
Only advantage is height /g.clearance.
The cabin noise at higher speeds is worse than the bolero again.
The plastic quality is worse than what you find in childrens pencil box stuff.
Rear seat cannot accomodate 3 people easily inspite of being such a big car.
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
I own the SX-4 for almost 14 months now.
A and B piilars will give you nightmares on visiblity.
I was just a little curious how the B pillar comes into picture?
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:33   #42
BHPian

It is upto you to choose which car suits you, i have a sx4 15months old and i'm quite happy with it you had two maruti cars before so you should know the advantages of a maruti plus highway driving sx4 rocks i drive frequently pune-banglore and enjoy the car on highways,farmhouse sounds like bad roads so sx4 stands up again as its more of a crossover type ,now fiesta is also a great car but remember you have to not only by a car maintainence,resale value,spareparts etc are also to be kept in mind so i suggest go for what your head says-THE MAN AMONGST CARS
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:42   #43
BHPian

The clucth problem in sx4 i guess is now rectified by suzuki india which was there in the first lot of sx4's i don't know of other sx4's but i do not face that problem in my car
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
However, if you still intend to stick to petrol, of the SX4 and the Fiesta, I would recommend the SX4 mainly due to the safety features, ...
Hi supremeBaleno, aren't the SX4 and Fiesta S/SX on par on safety - feature to feature? Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2008, 10:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was just a little curious how the B pillar comes into picture?
Sorry the front ones!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks