Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 18:55   #61
BHPian

i would suggest you to go what your head says that is sx4 ,its not that fiesta is a bad option ,but according to me after sales service, spares availability and even the resale value matters a lot
Old 15th October 2008, 19:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I own a ford (2 ikons actually ) and a lot of fellow owners dont find it all that bad. Some owners,Speculators and ppl who have known people who have known people owning fords think so otherwise
I would say convince the wifey (cant really say go and get it without her approval ) and get the Fiesta
Thank Sammy, yes it's been the constant comments directed about the Ford A**, I guess I'll PM some Ford owners in Pune and check with them how the Ford A** in Pune is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Autoenthusiast, I have always been an admirer of the muscular SX4 looks and the commanding seat position. But after taking a few TDs and some feedback from friends , I decided against this because
a) The car was a bit of a pain to drive in traffic because of poor low end grunt.
b) The interiors & plastics are average at best. For eg, feel the plastic lever used for seat adjustment. It doesn't have a C segment feel inside.

The Fiesta is a pleasure to drive in comparison. Hence it was Fiesta for me. And the mileage is around 10km which is ok.
Do check out on After Sales in Pune with forum members here.
Thanks Sridhar, yes even I am fine with a mileage of minimum 10kmpl, and it's encouraging to see comments from people that the Fiesta gives atleast that. One other thing in addition to the plastic quality that I didn't like in the SX4 was the A-pillar, I felt it really obscured my vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda.sanjay View Post
I'm fine with a car as long as it gives me a minimum of 10kmpl in city, a lot of fiesta owners on the forum have mentioned they get atleast that much, but a lot of SX4 owners complain of mileage lower than 10kmpl. I wonder what it actually is.
The Fiesta also seems great to drive, the SX4 isn't as inspiring. Maruti has got an excellent A**, I used to own a maruti once upon a time. I'm wondering how the Ford A** is in Pune and also the maintenance costs of the Fiesta v/s the SX4.
Please feel free to pass your comments. Thanks.
The SX4 is indeed a very good looking car and comes packed with features, specially the ZXI version, excellent service back up as well.
Fiesta on the other hand is an excellent handler, amazing road behavior and will gratify the driver in you for a long time to come, I would say follow your heart go for the ‘S’. Go Fida.
Tnx, Sanjay. Yes it's true, the Fiesta is an awesome drivers car, I guess I'll PM some Ford owners in Pune and check with them on the A**

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithz View Post
i would suggest you to go what your head says that is sx4 ,its not that fiesta is a bad option ,but according to me after sales service, spares availability and even the resale value matters a lot
Hi Nithz, Tnx. Is this from personal experience with the Ford A** or comments from friends ?
Old 15th October 2008, 21:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

auotoenthusiast, if A.s.s. in Pune is good, go for the Fiesta 1.6. You'll never regret it. I too went in for the Fiesta after finding out that A.s.s is good in Hyderabad. As a matter of fact, I'd give a better rating to Ford service in Hyd compared to Maruti service.
As regards the SX4, the only advantage it has in my opinion is the ground clearance. In all other factors, the Fiesta is better. Many niggling issues have been reported by SX4 owners.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
auotoenthusiast, if A.s.s. in Pune is good, go for the Fiesta 1.6. You'll never regret it. I too went in for the Fiesta after finding out that A.s.s is good in Hyderabad. As a matter of fact, I'd give a better rating to Ford service in Hyd compared to Maruti service.
As regards the SX4, the only advantage it has in my opinion is the ground clearance. In all other factors, the Fiesta is better. Many niggling issues have been reported by SX4 owners.
Thank vnabhi, yes that's what I feel I should do too. Shall check with other team-bhp members on their experience with the Ford A** in Pune. Folks if any of you are Ford owners in Pune feel free to post your comments about their A**. Thanks.
Old 15th October 2008, 22:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Thank vnabhi, yes that's what I feel I should do too. Shall check with other team-bhp members on their experience with the Ford A** in Pune. Folks if any of you are Ford owners in Pune feel free to post your comments about their A**. Thanks.
I dont think you need to really worry about so much of this aspect. Yes you will need service visits. But you can find yaar after all daily you dont want to suffer the niggling issues in the SX4. So rather go for Fiesta and have piece of mind daily.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:54   #66
BHPian

I've SX4 & my one brother has Fiesta 1.6S. We use both cars together. To be very honest, I'll talk only for SX4 as many have said 'yes' to Fiesta above.

SX4 has a masculine look & pretty good on the highways, it gives us 15kmpl which is not bad at all. On maintenance SX4 wins. It comes with excellent features packed at good price & the electronic power steering doesn't make you worry in the traffic. It looks great & huge In the city I get about 10kmpl comfortably.

I've done highway trips between Bangalore-Pune, Bangalore-Belgaum & Bangalore-Goa & here I will say SX4 is much better than Fiesta. Don't underestimate SX4!
Old 21st October 2008, 20:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveklk View Post
I've SX4 & my one brother has Fiesta 1.6S. We use both cars together. To be very honest, I'll talk only for SX4 as many have said 'yes' to Fiesta above.

SX4 has a masculine look & pretty good on the highways, it gives us 15kmpl which is not bad at all. On maintenance SX4 wins. It comes with excellent features packed at good price & the electronic power steering doesn't make you worry in the traffic. It looks great & huge In the city I get about 10kmpl comfortably.

I've done highway trips between Bangalore-Pune, Bangalore-Belgaum & Bangalore-Goa & here I will say SX4 is much better than Fiesta. Don't underestimate SX4!
Thanks Vivek, actually my wife liked the SX4, she feels the interior space is much more compared to the Fiesta (the car also feels roomy due to it's high roof). I wonder if this is really true or just an illusion due to the long dashboard and high roof ? Possibly due to the Fiesta 1.6S black interiors the car looks smaller inside compared to the SX4.
In terms of driving pleasure, the Fiesta 1.6S bowled me over (same with her), it was a hoot to drive and something that I did not feel with the SX4 (though the high driving position in the SX4 is a boon).
Unless something really drastic happens I plan to pick up the Fiesta 1.6S Electric Blue.
My old vehicle deal is struck and I'm selling it off to a Hyundai dealer this Saturday. Also applying for a SBI Loan and booking a Fiesta 1.6S this weekend.
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
My old vehicle deal is struck and I'm selling it off to a Hyundai dealer this Saturday. Also applying for a SBI Loan and booking a Fiesta 1.6S this weekend.
Congrats. Hope you are booking it from Planet Ford and not Talera. I've been driving Fords since 04 and neither the Icon nor the Fiesta (in particular) gave me any problems. The A.S.S. at Planet Ford is decent.
I hapen to know a couple of sales guys, from there, so if you face any problems (you wont I am sure :-))I would be glad to be of help.
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:55   #69
BHPian

I did a test drive of Fiesta S today. Impressive. But not sure I like the Black interiors.
I like the SXI interiors better and the stiffer suspension in S would only make it slightly
less comfortable comparatively. Ford has SXI Limited Edition for another 33K on top of the SXI's price that comes with the rear spoiler 15" Alloy wheels and the body kit for the side and front skirts. Some of the handling improvement in S would be due to the wider195/R55 profile tyres as well and really most of us wont be pushing the car so far to utilize Sport's even better cornering/handling abilites.

So get a SXI get the Alloy wheels and Spoiler, dont feel the side and front skirts are needed. besides it would reduce bottomscraping without them and you have a looker in every way and dont need to leave with the few shortcomings of the sport like black interiors(if you are averse to it like me) arm rest,adjustable head rest and get folding rear seats, chrome cladings.
Basically you get the best of both the SXI and the Sport.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:10   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats on your decision, autoentusiast! Thats an excellent choice.
Dont forget to put up your ownership review

That would make you the sesond 1.6S owner on the forum.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Congrats. Hope you are booking it from Planet Ford and not Talera. I've been driving Fords since 04 and neither the Icon nor the Fiesta (in particular) gave me any problems. The A.S.S. at Planet Ford is decent.
I hapen to know a couple of sales guys, from there, so if you face any problems (you wont I am sure :-))I would be glad to be of help.
Thanks RacingForIndia, yes I guess I'll end up booking it from Planet Ford. What are your experiences with the Ford A.S.S in Pune ? since you are a Ford owner for so long you would have an excellent idea. Also since you own both the Fiesta and the Ikon you'd have an excellent idea of the maintenance costs of the Fiesta, are they as high as the Ikon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
Ford has SXI Limited Edition for another 33K on top of the SXI's price that comes with the rear spoiler 15" Alloy wheels and the body kit for the side and front skirts.
Thanks Marlinspike, I hadn't heard of the SXI Limited Edition, shall call the dealer and ask him tomorrow, the 1.6S is what I have decided on, the only hitch that I had was the lack of rear adjustable headrests. But am willing to compromise on that for the gem of a car. Shall call Ford up tomorrow and find out about the limited edition, I wonder why the dealer didn't mention it earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats on your decision, autoentusiast! Thats an excellent choice.
Dont forget to put up your ownership review

That would make you the sesond 1.6S owner on the forum.
Hmmmmm, well Jerish666 has just posted on another thread that he booked his vehicle . So definitely not the second. Cheers.
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RacingForIndia, yes I guess I'll end up booking it from Planet Ford. What are your experiences with the Ford A.S.S in Pune ? since you are a Ford owner for so long you would have an excellent idea. Also since you own both the Fiesta and the Ikon you'd have an excellent idea of the maintenance costs of the Fiesta, are they as high as the Ikon ?
For me its been smooth sailing. The only major hassle was with my fuel pump which was replaced for free for me, since it was in warranty. I enquired if this was a problem with other Fiestas as well, but it seems it was a one off.
Fortunately for me the Icon as well as the Fiesta never gave my any major issues so my experience with both of them has been very very good.
The fact that I endorsing the Fiesta, itself speaks for the car. I even had my car checked (it was randomly picked) from some Ford design guys who had come down from Chennai and thats when I had heard about the new Fiesta being launched this year and the suspension changes which they would be doing. So you have a car which is an improved version .
I do a lot of Pune-Mumbai, and use the expressway practically every other week. The cars stability on high speeds is amazing, but where it really excels is the ghats.
Once I took the car on a road which is not good even for SUV's (actually I was thinking the road would improve but it got worse and I was past the turning point) and though it was one of the worst I have ever seen, the car just kept going and not a single part was damaged or broken after my 30 Km ordeal.
Anyways you need not worry about the A.S.S. the guys are pretty efficient, but you should follow-up on the job card thoroughly as a good practice.
Once a Ford always a Ford.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 23rd October 2008 at 11:18. Reason: Formatting
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:55   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Once a Ford always a Ford.
I Like that one, I hope it's true with me too (which would indirectly mean I was very happy with my new purchase), I moved from Maruti to Hyundai and I'm now moving to Ford.
With regards to the cars build quality, yes I did find the Fiestas build quality stronger and better/tougher than the other vehicles in the same segment. I'm also planning on picking my vehicle from Planet Ford based on yours and a few other team-bhp members.
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

@ Auto - You can get the headrests fixed up later as well so not much of a hindrance in your wise decision!
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:22   #75
BHPian

I have a price list from Lathangi ford Bangalore with the SXI Limited Edition at 8.91 L
Sales person only talked about the SXI limited Edition when I asked If I could get ZXI seats in the sport (so as to get the folding seats and lighter interiors).

Also Alloy Wheels and 195/r55 tyres can be added to SXI at 23K and 10K for the spoiler if you want only either of them.

There is a corporate offer running for GE lease for
SXI @ 7.95 and Sport @ 8.01 on road blr.
Getting the Scruff plates as accessory seems to be a good idea.
I'm need a bit of clarity on the Total Maintenance Plan @~13K for 2 years
Dealer seam to push the extended warranty and not keen on selling TMP, does sound right to me on that front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks