Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 19:34   #16
BHPian

Why don't you go in for an 3-4 yr old indigo/marina.It will be comparatively new to the other cars you have mentioned.You may not find good driving pleasure as the other cars but the Tdi is pretty fast.It is relatively inexpensive to maintain,procuring spare parts is as easy as buying groceries from the supermarket.Any road-side mechanic will be able to repair it.Last but not the least it offers higher levels of comfort than the above mentioned cars

Last edited by D.V.R : 11th August 2008 at 19:35.
Old 12th August 2008, 09:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@ Airwind not easy to get a 2nd hand Fiat Petra 1.9 D

Quote:
I myself own one but not getting very good resale for it!
My sympathies! But that's what makes it a gr8 VFM, unfortunately for you, the longer you hold, the more value it looses - sad but true state of a rock solid & well built car

Have you faced any issues with A.S.S after Sundaram ejected out of dealership? Is TAFE any help at all?
Old 12th August 2008, 21:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
My sympathies! But that's what makes it a gr8 VFM, unfortunately for you, the longer you hold, the more value it looses - sad but true state of a rock solid & well built car

Have you faced any issues with A.S.S after Sundaram ejected out of dealership? Is TAFE any help at all?
I have no regrets with my Petra D ELX till date . Touch Wood! I had actually stopped givin my car for service to Sundaram half way through cos their service was pathetic. Ill mostly trade in my Petra for a Linea soon.

@ Forerunner- Any updates on your decision???
Old 12th August 2008, 22:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
@ Forerunner- Any updates on your decision???
Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. Now i have dropped my plan to go for Accent CRDi. The reason is many gentlemen in this forum gave different opinion about the used CRDi. Now I was convinced (particularly Mr.sameel in this forum) to go for Accent DLS. The only downside in this option is low power and sluggish response. But i have got good feedback about its reliablility,FE and maintenance cost.
As i am out of station i am going to inspect the car on friday.
I request everybody for your valuable points that I should consider while inspecting the car and records.

PS; I have not given up my search for a Lancer D.

Thanks,
Old 12th August 2008, 22:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Why don't you go in for an 3-4 yr old indigo/marina.It will be comparatively new to the other cars you have mentioned.You may not find good driving pleasure as the other cars but the Tdi is pretty fast.It is relatively inexpensive to maintain,procuring spare parts is as easy as buying groceries from the supermarket.Any road-side mechanic will be able to repair it.Last but not the least it offers higher levels of comfort than the above mentioned cars
Yes I agree with you on this. But most of the indigos i have come across were in very bad condition. And many people advised me aginst a used Indigo with 50k+ on the odo. And also it is a general percetion among us that TATA vehicles have a lifespan of 90K KMS or less. This is the only reason I am keeping away from this.

Gentlemen please clarify me on this regard.

Thanks,
Old 12th August 2008, 23:01   #21
BHPian

search for well maintained lacer . especially one which is self driven and yes a doctor owned will be a safer bet.
always make sure that the car has got proper records.
i hope you know how to check door replacement and bonnet replacement
better try with any contacts in the lancer dealers.
they will have a nice lot of cars which will be put on sale .
here in kerala a good deal sell off their lancers when they go for a skoda.
a company maintained car will be safer too.

but yes do keep in mind japanese is more costly than korean more costly than indian .

so that is there . and then never go for repainted ones. Stay away from those be it accent or be lancer!!.

and yes check all the little stuffs like power windows, central lock.
then always take her up in a lift and check undercarriage for signs of damage.
also check if all the struts are ok and that they are not leaking,

be carefull of the strut insulations open the bonnet to see them in the front the rear , you will have to pull the seat back down..a mechanic will be able to look it up i guess..

then ac compressor and stuff.
then fan motor this is costly 6k fr accent. but for lancer...hehe
then check the PCB on the back of the instrument cluster this will be tricky but yes it might help u save 6k rs in future.

here is the price list for accent for these parts .

the power window winding assembly alone 850 rs[ from dealer outside you can get it for 400-500 rs].
window motor and winding assebly together is 2.5-3k rs.

central lock motor is 1650 rs.

compressor is 23k rs!! but wait .. mine i got it replaced by getting it from bombay after being adviced by senior service manager. for around 10k

then what oh yes most spares for accent are available[ ORIGINAL] from aaditya spares in cbe, the people at the dealer itself told me to get it from there instead from them!!.

strut is 2450rs.
insulation is 1.5 k and 2.5k or little less for rear.
and yes front and back bumper costs 13k with paint .
all these are dealer prices!!

what else...lots actually if you need more info let me know.
i will dig up the old documents from my cupboard..lolz.
and yeah getting the decarbonising done will make a world of difference !!
and yes that costs 3.5k from deler.
regular service with oil and feul filter plus air filter change comes around 2k. thats all.
but yes be care full on the lancer for the electronic electrical parts they are damn costly to replace the ac compressor is near 30k!!! dont take a chance with it never.
then the pump might have its seal broken that can be fixed by a recalibration only. that will cost 4-6k rs depending on the driving conditions.
its a Bosch pump suited for european conditions originally they give a gurantee for 100k miles . in the indian conditions 1.3lak kms is good and its safe to recalibrate by that time.
then timing belt needs replacement evry 80k kms so you will be lucky if thats already done. thats all

do search for a lancer too dude. its got more what you call jada..show value status whatever.. i am sure your friends will like lancer more and your budjet is enough to get a 98-99 model and then give her a full refurbishing.
yes go for 98-99 or a 2000 -2001 they have more of the japaneese components they are rock solid and yes more better for long run i heard of engine problems in the later versions 2002 onwards to be exact not sure of this info though.
Old 18th October 2008, 23:32   #22

hi guys,
i have one doubt. Can the mileage reading be changed in a lancer? because i see some v.old models having less mileage run. that's why got a doubt.

thanks in adv.
Old 18th October 2008, 23:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Forerunner, why bother with a second hand indigo you can get the diesel variant of the world's shortest sedan for about 4.5L , and having an indica turbo, I can say the car is quite fun to drive and the spares dirt cheap! Even I too was planning to get a cheap diesel hatch, then changed my mind , invested a little bit more , and bought one all new
Old 21st October 2008, 02:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with Greenhorn! If I were you, I would try and raise my budget by 1-1.5 lakh (or take a 2/3 year loan) and go for a new Indigo CS TDi (or even DICOR). The EMI for the loan would offset any repair expenses that you would undergo on any used diesel with 70-100 k kms on the odo!!
Old 16th January 2009, 15:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude, did u buy any car? no postings for some time now..
Old 18th January 2010, 21:32   #26
BANNED

One week back I purchased used Accent DLS 2001 model from DRCAR Hyderabad. It is second owner vehicle, Engine seems to be good but some unusal sound is coming form timing belt side. I have given it for servicing after coming from garage i will post my experience.
Old 7th June 2011, 03:04   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lancer DIESEL/ Accent DLS/Accent CRDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mituadas View Post
One week back I purchased used Accent DLS 2001 model from DRCAR Hyderabad. It is second owner vehicle, Engine seems to be good but some unusal sound is coming form timing belt side. I have given it for servicing after coming from garage i will post my experience.
Bumping a old thread.

Hey buddy, how is the DLS now? Please do share the performance, maintenance & FE details.
Old 7th June 2011, 07:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Bumping a old thread.

Hey buddy, how is the DLS now? Please do share the performance, maintenance & FE details.
Good bump. I want to know the details on this one as well!
Old 20th June 2011, 18:19   #29

Just for the sake of members who are still keen on the Accent DLS:
I purchased 2001 model for 1.25 lac.
The engine had 110,000 kms on the odo, and rest of the vehicle was stock, and reasonably maintained.The past owner was frustrated with the engine, having spent considerable time and energy at the garages. He said that the engine had been rebuilt 'twice' by A.S.S., but had problem of knocking, and emitted black smoke with low power and pick up.
The engine was stripped down for general overhaul on purchase.The rebuild had indeed been done, but shoddily, sleeves had been bore and fitted (non original) to suit indica pistons. the indica engine having been based on Tud5, has some spares common.
Major components renewed were- Pistons, rings and sleeves, bottom end and main bearings, cylinder head valves and seats, lubricating oil cooler, timing belts.
The Fuel pump (Rotary) was re-calibrated after overhaul.
Total damages-Rs.42,000/- inclusive of labor charge at local garage.
Result: Excellent performance by the car, avearge of 18 Kmpl on highway with AC at 110+ speeds.
In short, most satisfying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks