Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 20:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

My car has done close to 30k & there is absolutely no vibaration in the clutch. Rest assured a new car will never ever have that problem.

As for the price - the Laura is much more than an Octavia so the interiors are a small compromise. One can always do up the interiors.

Both are G R E A T !!!!

See what suits your budget & liking & join the Skoda Club cheers:

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th August 2008 at 20:52.
Old 17th August 2008, 00:23   #17
BHPian

hey don't knock on the 500! Are there any on display in Mumbai? My dad can't stop raving about the design of the 500, and wants one badly...

And one important point missing out is

"Who is going to maintain the car? You or the company? Rest assured, Skoda will break the bank! And for what? The Maruti of the Czech Republic?"

My advice would be to go in for the Optra magnum for piece of mind, or the Innova for ultimate family comfort...

Last edited by DocG : 17th August 2008 at 00:27.
Old 17th August 2008, 10:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hey don't knock on the 500! Are there any on display in Mumbai? My dad can't stop raving about the design of the 500, and wants one badly...
yup theres one in the prabhadevi tata showroom.
Old 17th August 2008, 14:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Were u resting your foot on the clutch pedal? the clutch pedal does vibrate/pulsate to remind you that you should not rest your foot on the clutch pedal. there is a foot-rest next to the clutch pedal for that purpose. there is also one next to the accelerator pedal (can be used during cruise control/traffic signals)

No vibration stuff otherwise.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you mean jetta. and i dont know what nissan your talking about. i think he wants diesels.
OT: Yes, it is Jetta. Typing error. He did not specify his requirements properly even though all the cars he mentioned are diesels.
Old 17th August 2008, 18:03   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO, Optra Magnum will do just fine. It could be termed as a performance diesel sedan and the GM Cashless Offer does take care of the maintenance.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Altis - wait for it, you won’t regret. Probably you will get the top variant in 15 L range and you will love the features it will offer. Performances, reliability, latest model everything. Is your running so much that you only want to go in for Diesel. Than definitely Laura.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 18th August 2008 at 14:35.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:51   #23
BHPian

Go for the magnum. The skoda's generally tend to bit expensive on the maintanence front coz the spares are pretty expensive. Also you could wait for the Altis. The Ads and whatever glimpses we see on the websites sure looks promising from the looks department , just wait for couple of more weeks and you can check out the whole altis package, with engine specs and stuff. I suppose we have a few other cars making their debut next month . I believe the linea and the 3rd gen HC is due sometime soon. But if VFM is not really your bother then go for the skoda you will not regret it.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:52   #24
BHPian

If it is Diesel, then I would for Skoda Laura.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Toyota Altis - wait for it, you won’t regret. Probably you will get the top variant in 15 L range and you will love the features it will offer. Performances, reliability, latest model everything. Is your running so much that you only want to go in for Diesel. Than definitely Laura.
I'd never suggest you to spend this much for a Toyota Corolla, laura may be priced higher but still the base variant is good value.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

With Laura Ambiante you will not get: climate control, 6 cd changer, electronic seats, xenons, headlamp washers, no leather upholstery-only sick interiors, funny no-MID, cruise control, only 15" wheels, no sunroof etc, which is not good for a 15L car. Plus is the engine performence, diesel, milage and sterdy body. So agree that its not VFM but no other option.

Megnum, no doubt best VFM, very good power, performance, everything, but only if you want to go into the segment below your budget. Only if the saving amount on purchase goes into your pocket.

I am also stuck in same segment from last many months, with money in my pocket and now the only hope seems in near future is Toyota Altis, looks promising.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi friends,
Finally my company agreed to give a car within 15lakhs range.
cheers:
But i need the car to be low maintenance and Value for Money.
It should be a car or SUV.
For Low maintenance and VFM, I would rule out Skoda. My cousin owns a Skoda Laura and I haven't heard too many good things on the A.S.S front or on the dealers. My own exprience with the skoda dealers has been average, to put it mildly.
Optra Magnum Diesel is the VFM for you and I think resale should be ok types since it is a diesel.Toyota Innova Diesel is the other VFM option.
Scorpio vs Safari is always a great discussion and you can search this forum and find for yourself. It can be a bit of pain to park in the city though, my personal opinion.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:25   #28
Team-BHP Support

Just wondering. Do you have to return the car your company after a couple of years or is it yours for ever.

If you must return it then dont care about the biggest cost of ownership aka resale value.

If you can do a buy back after say three years buy the car that would suffer max depreciation. This way you will be able to keep it by paying lesser.
Old 18th August 2008, 16:25   #29
BHPian

aks_karthik - If your preference is for a petrol car look no further than Civic. Look up my ownership experience on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...yesterday.html

If its diesel, Laura is the car for you.
Old 19th August 2008, 09:36   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Skoda Laura - I am sure you will love this car. Diesel Economy with Petrol performance. Superbly engineered. Absolutely rock solid vehicle.

Most Viewed