Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 01:12   #1

swiftDz ZDi Vs verna SX Abs Vs fiesta sxi tdci abs Vs logan dlsx Vs indigo XL G-dicor

now i am looking forward to buying one of these diesel sedans.

the short listed cars are,
1. Swift Dzire ZDi also has Abs.
2. Verna SX Abs.
3. Fiesta SXi Abs.
4. Logan DLSX Abs.
5. Indigo XL Grand dicor.

i got to know of the carwale.com from team bhp another wonderful sight to research for a car and compare the models, i have read through almost all the features these cars come with, but there is definitely alot more that is to know from the real experience about these cars.

i have previously read a few threads of the verna, fiesta and logan from the ownership experience and initial test drive report threads but hardly found any thing on the swift Dzire and indigo XL.

and would like a complete comparison of the entry level diesel sedans.

now first my requirements like asked on few other threads.

1.i have a running of around 14-18K kms per year.
2.its mostly highway since i am from tirupathi and its a small town so thats that.
3.i am basically a diesel head and i prefer a diesel car to a petrol any day the old gen or the new, the initial pick up diesels is what i love.
4.i intend to keep this car for nothing less than 3years and at max 5 years so i sure do need the resale.
5.its 30% of the time my driver and my son would be driving this car and rest of the time i will be doing all the driving with family at times. so i need a decent back seat comfort too apart from comfortable driver's seat.

apart from those requirements above its like i am new to all these cars and i am yet to test drive them all and it would be a leap jump from the mark3 to one of these cars.

and one of my biggest issues is the after sales service costs of these cars the spares costs over all ownership costs.

also i just need to know which of these is a good handler on highway i mean a good balance between power handling and braking. i ask this for i was told they are going to feel way too powerful after the amby, and i was really hesitating to buy a new gen and was and still am happy with my amby but my son is just against me, he wants me to buy a new car than completely overhaul my amby and restore it, so after a lot of arguments i decided to step up and buy one.

all your valuable suggestions and advices are welcome let them flow generously and help me decide on one.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:22   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi dayaraamm,

Several C segment discussions have an indepth coverage of all the cars that you have listed here. It will be best for you to search through our archives.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed