Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 18:51   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
took a test drive today and felt yawwwwwwwwwn. Have no connection to the road at all. a very well built comfortable sedan, but nothing on offer for the enthusiast.
This is primarily due to the EPS in the Altis. It has made a prefectly driveable car lifeless. The older Corolla had a HPS.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:05   #62
BANNED

Even earlier Corolla's HPS was no good, its heavy on slow speeds & light on fast.
How's the suspension anyway? Earlier Corolla's suspension was pathetic to say the least.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Altis in the flesh yesterday. Its like junior Camry!

Difenitely better than the out-going car. The dorrs seem the same, otherwise it is fine. Anyways, Civic is still the best. Atleast the Corolla has reduced the gap
Old 26th September 2008, 16:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Altis vs ANHC? Anyone?
Old 26th September 2008, 17:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Altis vs ANHC? Anyone?
Was wondering the same thing! IMO ANHC automatic beats Altis automatic any day! Altis automatic does not make any sense at all - 4 speed shifter? Common toyota!

I think ANHC test drive is a must for all prospective Altis buyers. Heck maybe NHCivic is already on its way before diwali!
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Finally saw few Altis on road and liked them a lot. Going to finalise Altis GL in light blue in coming week.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Good choice of colour, Ym-enjn. Why dont you ask your dealer to give u the contact number of few owners who have already bought the new Altis and then you can check with them and get first hand information, they may clear any remaining doubts you have. Well i did the same when i bought the aveo. Just a suggestion
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:26   #68
BHPian

I recently bought Corolla Altis AT (H4) in Champagne Color. I will be happy to share my initial impressions. But you will need to ask me specific questions.

To give you a perspective about me: I already have Scorpio (Black, 5 years) and Honda City ZX CVT (Silver, 2.5 years) and in past I have driven Lancer, Zen, Esteem & Maruti 800. I am a very well behaved driver in city and on highways I don't mind seeing other cars disappearing in my ORVM ;-) But in any care for me safety comes first.
Old 4th October 2008, 13:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deky. Congrats Monksansferrari, beautiful choice of color. We were confused between Champagne and Light blue only.

My question is about reverse driving. Do you also find it difficult while reversing or is it my height and have you gone for reverse sensors?

One more doubt though, don't you find the acceleration too strong and also AC too strong.

In my latest test drive yesterday, while taking a U-turn a tata 207 was coming from the other way at super speed, as a phobia I always think that something can go wrong with these over charged small trucks anytime. So in my half u-turn I hit the accelerator to full in first gear. Our car went you know how, almost like a turning ship in Tom and Jerry, sales guys eyes on me with looks of a wet cat, thanks only to the otherwise empty road and the EPS that we maintained to our lane.

This car has superb pickup even in 3rd gear at speed of 25-30kmph in no time it crosses 80-90. Other than this crazy pickup I don't find anything odd in Altis. But I think I will get used to how to handle it.

The reason for my delay in buying was the anticipated launch of ANHC, Outlander and New Civic. Two of them are out and out of my list too for various reasons and facelift Civic, even if it comes with same features or more than Altis, it will be a bit on higher price level and even if at same price, it will never be able to match 70% of FE of Altis. So after seeing price of Outlander it was easy to finalize for Altis.

I have got the accessories price list from dealer and have selected worth Rs 30000 and am planning to get that bargained at free from one of the two dealers. Not going for the skirting and spoiler kit.

Light blue with my Ikon
Corolla Altis 2009- your verdict?-03102008001.jpg

Corolla Altis 2009- your verdict?-03102008.jpg

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 4th October 2008 at 14:01.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:30   #70
BHPian

Hot! Altis does indeed look more mature and well thought vehicle, if not toy sporty!

Congrats Ym-enjn!
Old 4th October 2008, 14:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

I had TD'ed the auto & had found the throttle pretty jumpy too. I don't know the exact reason behind this though.
Old 4th October 2008, 23:04   #72
BHPian

@Ym-enjn !

Congratulations !

Here are some quick clicks:

Corolla Altis 2009- your verdict?-2901972147_9b9a52ef15_b.jpg

Corolla Altis 2009- your verdict?-2902808902_68a638eb89_b.jpg

Corolla Altis 2009- your verdict?-2902805452_ed5b6d5a2f_b.jpg
Old 6th October 2008, 12:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post

Congrats Ym-enjn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkSansFerrari View Post
@Ym-enjn !

Congratulations !
Hey that one is not mine yet! The pictures were taken in dealer's parking. But thanks anyways I'll take that for my decission.

Nice pics @Monk.. can you post some more exterios showing the color..
Old 6th October 2008, 16:51   #74

I am planning to buy Altis AT in Hyderabad, and the dealer here is charging 6000 towards T/R and Handling (PDI) charges (1000 +5000). My question is am i being taken for a ride here?
Old 6th October 2008, 19:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Wait for what ?

I think Altis is a better deal than the Civic. The only thing left to come in this segment is the Linea, but Toyota v/s Fiat is a no brainer for me at least.

The new lancer(will be named different here though) will be pitted against the Civic/Corolla price range as well if he waits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks