Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2008, 11:08   #1
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Advice required - Skoda Octavia RS 1.8 Turbo - Bought - Diamond Grey/2004

hi all,
i plan to upgrade from by baleno with skoda 1.8 petrol.

Advice required on to buy a new one or look for a couple years older one and also is my choice correct or are there better model which i can look to ?
Max usage will be under 700 kms per month.

I even like or 3 lt v6 but cost is also a consideration but i have crush towards skoda speciall the yellow color one.

Suggestion is also welcome for other petrol cars model which is of similar or better spec.

guys suggest pl
Old 31st August 2008, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you want a driver's car, get the 1.8T. Don't know if you'll get a new one vRS. You could also look at the Rider trim. No yellow though.
Old 31st August 2008, 16:17   #3
BHPian

Simple answer : You will have to buy used, as a new RS is not available anymore. Plus, the Skoda RS doesn't hold its value that well with 30K run examples going in the 7 - 8.5 lakh rupee range. All the better for someone in the used car market.

Search around and test-drive a couple in Delhi. Your Yellow RS could be just around the corner! Good luck shopping.
Old 31st August 2008, 18:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Rs has been discontinued
You'll have to either look for a used vRs or go for a basic turbo model(1.8Tpi) without many stuff like sunroof, climatronic, 16 inch tyres, spider alloys, cruise control, parking sensors, xenon headlamps with power washers and much more.
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:57   #5
BHPian

v&v you'll have to hunt in used car market to find a good vRS. Generally vRS is a tough car to find and its not easily available and that too a well maintained car.

good luck for your hunt!
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:30   #6
BHPian

It took me a month to find one. So all the best. If you have time on your hands then I dont think it will be a problem to find one.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

So Redsfx has your RS arrived.where are the pics dude?
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So Redsfx has your RS arrived.where are the pics dude?

I got it a few days back. Will post pics once I get my hands on my cam dude. My dad keeps flicking it. Will post some pics by tommorow.

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Off Topic :

Gosh. 3 vRs owners, 1 1.8Tpi owner, and 1 guy who tried his hand at getting one.

And 1 guy whose searching for one.
All the best for your purchase.
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
I got it a few days back. Will post pics once I get my hands on my cam dude. My dad keeps flicking it. Will post some pics by tommorow.

Cheers
Awesome dude.congrats.Enjoy her to the core.have a blast.
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:39   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Suggestion is also welcome for other petrol cars model which is of similar or better spec.
The Accord V6 is better speced on paper but the vRS is much more fun to drive. You dont buy either with your head. You buy these cars with your heart and drive them with white knuckles.

For my head I got a Honda City CVT. Auto box, easy to park and drive and no matter how hard you drive you ain't going to push anything above 1G in it. The vRS is everything the City CVT is not.
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Exactly navin
Many of my friends said , you should have used your brains before buying a discontinued car.
i just replied back. " Sometimes , Better decisions are made not by thinking and doing what the brain says but by just agreeing with your heart
Old 9th August 2010, 10:22   #13
v&v
Senior - BHPian

hi all,
This thread is alive again. My hunt for a neat VRS is ON again. Last time when i started this thread, i ended up buying a Tata Safari. This time hope i get my VRS.

Now what happened is, I and SS Traveller went to his check out used Civic yesterday where we happened find a 2004 Silver Vrs. Look neat from exteriors and interiors on first inspection. Took a drive on DND. I really liked it.

The vehicle has clocked 39k and since we are doing this deal through SST trusted dealer and had confirmed that the meter is not tampered.

Need VRS owners to comment what all needs to be checked. Would like to get it inspected at an Auth. Service Station for Service records and history.

Secondly
i had also TD a 2006 Civic clocked around 52k. (Meter say 33k). Over quality of the car was good. Asking price is 7.5L.

Now i have a decision to make : Vrs or Civic ?

I know it is sensible to go for Civic but i want to choose later if its a neat stock car.

Advice Guys

Thanks in Advance
v&v
Old 9th August 2010, 10:56   #14
BHPian

Did you see the 3 VRS' recently listed in the TBHP classifieds? I know they are in different cities, but you could have some acquaintances check it out. All of them look very well maintained too.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:19   #15
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Did you see the 3 VRS' recently listed in the TBHP classifieds? I know they are in different cities, but you could have some acquaintances check it out. All of them look very well maintained too.
I am looking for Delhi registration VRs. Other city vehicle will be difficult to register in delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks