Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 18:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Purchasing Second Hand Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI.

I would recommend the price at around 4.5L - 5L at best. Here, you can get Skoda Octavia's for that budget in excellent condition.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:39   #47
BHPian

Hey Ardy, I know this is an old thread, this is off-topic, but you're about as close to an expert on the Octavia as possible. Any idea where VRS Bumpers and rear spoiler can be sourced outside a dealership? Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread.

Have become a great fan of German manufacturers (after owning Vento). Was hunting for Gen1 Octavia 1.9TDI for a long time.
Finally found a 2006 1.9 TDI MT Ambient, single owner ONLY driven for 34K Kms. You read it right. The owner has multiple cars. Well maintained in a closed parking. I've seen all the service records done with Tafe skoda. The recent service was 6 months old.

I'm not worried abt. 10years diesel ban, service costs, resale values(German cars doesn't have resale value). etc.
All I need is to buy that car, but at what price is the million dollar question?

Pls. help.
Old 21st August 2017, 16:43   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
All I need is to buy that car, but at what price is the million dollar question?
Could be anywhere between 2.75 and 3.5 lacs depending on the condition.
Old 21st August 2017, 19:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Could be anywhere between 2.75 and 3.5 lacs depending on the condition.
Thakyou avdhesh. The owner was expecting something between 4-5L. I've clearly told him all the cons of owning Octavia. This example being very sparingly used, for the cars that I've seen have not clocked less than 1L kms.

The owner had replaced the AC Condenser recently during his service in the authorized showroom. which is Achilles heel for all majority of Skoda's. I've observed this in the service history he had.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 21st August 2017 at 19:32. Reason: 1
Old 5th January 2018, 17:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Is buying a used pumpe duse 1.9tdi skoda rider worth it?

I have been head over heels on the Octavia rider, but could never gather the courage to buy a used one when they were available in 4-5L range. Assuming, the last Octavia with pumpe duse would at least be 10 years, >2 Lakh km's old. I would be happy if the following questions are answered -

1. Is it worth buying as a lifestyle vehicle for <2-3 lakhs? Would only be used as a secondary/tertiary car.
2. What are the known gremlins(both mechanical,electrical) in the older 1.9Tdi engines ?
3. Does someone in the forum still own the Gen-1 Octavia ?
4. Are most of the spares for the Octavia 1.9Tdi available in the market ?
5. How much would it cost to restore/rebuild the vehicle/engine completely ?
6. Is the pumpe duse mechanically simpler to repair compared to Crdi's as I would rely only on the FNG's to resolve any mechanical/electrical issues?

Following is the video of an Octavia(UK) with 5 lakh km's -

Note: Keeping the Laura 2.0Tdi at bay, as I have heard of more horror stories when compared to the Octavia pumpe duse.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 5th January 2018 at 17:55.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 17:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Note: Keeping the Laura 2.0Tdi at bay, as I have heard of more horror stories when compared to the Octavia pumpe duse.
Honestly, the old Octavia is a beast of a workhorse and is very reliable thanks to it's simple mechanicals. If you get one at a good deal - it's a great car (I believe there are some very good examples still available - I had seen on recently).
Compared to the Laura, it feels much more planted and a little more engaging to drive - however, be prepared for expensive parts!

Just a correction - the 1.9TDi isn't a CRDI or a Pumpe duse engine. The PD engine came with the debut of the Laura. It's a nice old-school turbo charged diesel engine complete with the turbo while and a slick gearbox.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 17:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Just a correction - the 1.9TDi isn't a CRDI or a Pumpe duse engine. The PD engine came with the debut of the Laura. It's a nice old-school turbo charged diesel engine complete with the turbo while and a slick gearbox.
Thanks for the correction. I did my bit of research and realized that the international version of Octavia Mk-2 was equipped with 1.9 PD(2004 onwards). This was renamed as the Laura for the Indian market. Which means that all the Octavia's sold in India were 90Bhp DI engines (which might have been designed before 2000). I would have to do some scouting to find if some critical spares can be interchangeable with other erstwhile DI engines like Mahindra tractors, Tata, HM.

Did look at a couple of them(2004-05 make rider version), but neither were enticing as both had droplets of oil beneath, something like a vintage Royal Enfield. And yes they were sounding crude like a truck( Oh! yes. I very much liked the macho diesel engine sound). I would have to keep my eyes open for the Elegance,L&K versions as they would be equipped with ABS as well.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 6th January 2018 at 17:52.
Old 7th January 2018, 12:59   #54
Team-BHP Support

The Octavia diesel is a tough beast. Not too complex. If you find a good used one, go for it. It might not be the greatest in terms of gizmos but it is more better built that the later models.

Check for

Front suspension - especially bushes
Fuel pump and Turbo - check for excessive blue smoke / black smoke
A/C compressor

Overall condition - service parts are easy to procure, the odd trim component might not be available unless you search overseas
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 16:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

I love those old school Octavia's: If you can get hold of a nice example, preferably well maintained ones are worth buying even today. Missed an opportunity couple of months back. I'm still pursuing the owner.
Go buy it. If it is "Well maintained".
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 20:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

i know someone who picked up one of the earlier 1.9 d models. He uses it as a complete beater car and is extremely happy with it. Sure he has had issues with certain sensors going kaput but largely a simple layout devoid of any complex electronics the car can take massive beatings. If you find a clean example its a keeper.
Old 24th May 2018, 15:43   #57

Hi,

Planning to buy an pre owned Octavia, 2006 - 2007 model, is it worth buying and keeping. In Delhi, diesel cars >10 years can not be transferred hence the question comes to really go for the car or just leave it. Prices are dirt cheap however only concern is the transfer of ownership, infact it can not be transferred to my home town as well as they have also implemented same rule (>10 years for outstation cars).
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
RhythmDivine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 20:18   #58

Hey Guys
Going slightly off-thread. I own an Octy 2007 - Rider 1.9 TDi.
The ODO is going strong at 140000.

Last time I replaced my Disc Rotors, it was still being cared for by the ASS, but ever since I have found Mr. Ganesh, I haven't gone back to the ASS.

My Front Disc/Rotors are due for a change now, and I was wondering what make/brand of Rotors to get onto the car now, considering the ASS does not sell parts over the counter?

Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thank you

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 29th May 2020 at 00:42. Reason: Editing for readability
arjun.kashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 20:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thakyou avdhesh. The owner was expecting something between 4-5L. I've clearly told him all the cons of owning Octavia. This example being very sparingly used, for the cars that I've seen have not clocked less than 1L kms.

The owner had replaced the AC Condenser recently during his service in the authorized showroom. which is Achilles heel for all majority of Skoda's. I've observed this in the service history he had.
Couple of days back received a call from above octavia owner who is willing to sell his vehicle after 3yrs which had run only 50K since June-2006(Multiple cars). Insurance valid till Jun-2021. Have all the service records from the beginning.
Is it worth to buy since we've to renew the fitness certificate after 15yrs?
If yes, how much is that going to cost to renew it in KA?
Interested buyers can ping me as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Purchasing Second Hand Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI.-octavia.jpg  

Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 09:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of days back received a call from above octavia owner who is willing to sell his vehicle after 3yrs which had run only 50K since June-2006(Multiple cars). Insurance valid till Jun-2021. Have all the service records from the beginning.
Is it worth to buy since we've to renew the fitness certificate after 15yrs?
If yes, how much is that going to cost to renew it in KA?
Interested buyers can ping me as well.
Did you end up picking the Octy? I’ve been looking for a similar one here in Chandigarh for almost 5 months but no luck. Most cars have clocked 150k plus kms and are in really bad shape. Haven’t come across any decent low mileage Octavia yet.

Most Viewed