Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 22:44   #91
BHPian

Re: Smitten by a Baleno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
LOlz Mohanan it seems you are living a lucky dream with your Baleno. Great wish you many more miles of such luck, mate. Even my Baleno had some AC issues last year but a GAS top up seemed to solve the issue just fine.
For the blower issue and for the fan issue (AC fan in front of condenser; reported earlier by me) of my baleno, I 'may' be the cause. The condenser AC fan and now the blower fan, both got struck due to some kind of 'rust' like thing on the bearings/bush. Since the blower fan got struck, the regulator must have got damaged.

Now, kindly listen why I am telling, I may be the culprit...

Immediately after buying the baleno, I carried out an interior and exterior cleaning of the vehicle in one of the newly opened shops in Ernakulam (after seeing their attractive advertisement in news paper). After normal cleaning, they carried out a 'STEAM WASH' where the boiling steam was forcefully pumped into the engine compartment, radiator side, interior, inside dashboard (in fact, steam was pushed through one of the AC vents and steam 'khum khuma' came out through the other AC vents). I was bit tensed while they were doing it, but they told it is done so and no problems... The pushed in steam must have caused the rust kind of thing on both the motors and caused the issue. Since I am not sure whether the above 'STEAM WASH' caused the damage and I have no time to go and quarrel with those guys, I am not planning to complain. However, I informed the shop about my concerns.
Old 29th July 2011, 21:37   #92
BHPian

Re: Smitten by a Baleno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Immediately after buying the baleno, I carried out an interior and exterior cleaning of the vehicle in one of the newly opened shops in Ernakulam (after seeing their attractive advertisement in news paper). After normal cleaning, they carried out a 'STEAM WASH' where the boiling steam was forcefully pumped into the engine compartment, radiator side, interior, inside dashboard (in fact, steam was pushed through one of the AC vents and steam 'khum khuma' came out through the other AC vents). I was bit tensed while they were doing it, but they told it is done so and no problems... The pushed in steam must have caused the rust kind of thing on both the motors and caused the issue. Since I am not sure whether the above 'STEAM WASH' caused the damage and I have no time to go and quarrel with those guys, I am not planning to complain. However, I informed the shop about my concerns.
Not very likely this caused your rust problem. One steam cleaning would not do this, specially if you have operated the a/c thereafter.
BTW I too have done this steam cleaning thing twice on my earlier Baleno, about two years back and then six months ago. When I sold the Baleno in April, everything was functioning beautifully. I know it still is, from the new owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks