Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 17:45   #31
BHPian

the car would cost you a lot if you ask me. I know second hand prices in bangalore are sky rocketing but just for your reference a cousin of mine picked up the same kind of OHC(2003 model, 1.5 Exi, naples gold,58K run) for 3.55 Lacs...
Old 19th September 2008, 18:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

You might wanna call up this car owner and check. Looks clean from the pic's posted here : Honda ciyty vtech | Used cars for sale in Bangalore .
You can always check the service history and the genuineness of the mileage clocked from the service center.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

i feel you are inching towards OHC stretching a bit. Any Balneos hit till now? It is a super car with a bit of mild mods. Keep hunting.
That OHC is a bit priecy since you have to pay road tax and other headaches.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
the car would cost you a lot if you ask me. I know second hand prices in bangalore are sky rocketing but just for your reference a cousin of mine picked up the same kind of OHC(2003 model, 1.5 Exi, naples gold,58K run) for 3.55 Lacs...
Hope i was up north ashish, unfortunately, OHC prices in Bangalore are too steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You might wanna call up this car owner and check. Looks clean from the pic's posted here : Honda ciyty vtech | Used cars for sale in Bangalore .
You can always check the service history and the genuineness of the mileage clocked from the service center.
Thanks rj, checked out the link. Its way above my budget man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
i feel you are inching towards OHC stretching a bit. Any Balneos hit till now? It is a super car with a bit of mild mods. Keep hunting.
That OHC is a bit priecy since you have to pay road tax and other headaches.
I know mate, OHC is quite pricey. The one quoted below from TN is going to cost me much.

And to answer your query on the baleno hits, well i came across this black Vxi, 2005, 48k kms run. Have had a look at the vehicle, looks neat, single owner with comp. insurance, Interiors look decent enough. There are some scratches on the left hand side door. He is claiming that they can be removed by rubbing and polish. But am taking it with a pinch of salt, does not look major though. Tyres are the sore point of the car. Needs to be changed immediately after purchase as there is almost no tread left in it.

Asking price - 4.2L negotiable.

Told the owner to hold onto it till tomorrow since he is a guy whom my father is acquainted with. Did not want to take the call without first checking with my fellow t-bhpians.

The owner scared me by saying that the mileage is 5kmpl in city and 11kmpl on highways. Baleno owners, please tell me if the claims of mileage is true and also the price please.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:22   #35
Team-BHP Support

if thats the mileage he gets then either he redlines the car in each gear everytime he drives or something is seriously wrong with the car. i suggest you get it checked up by suzuki before buying.

i used to get at least 9kmpl in mumbai traffic and more than 12-13kmpl on the highway.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Well, I do hope so, but going by Samurai's experience with re-registering the Jeep (on a separate thread) and some other similar experiences, I thought you'd be asked to pay the road tax after depreciation. Let me know how much they say/feel you have to pay as it will be an eye opener for me too.

Rest, don't worry about thanking me pal, just a simple help for another (prospective) OHC owner.
Hey quicksilver, the update from the RTO agent is that it will cost me 27k in total inclusive of his fees. I did not get the full details from him as to cost break up etc though, as he was a busier man than me & asked me to meet him personally for the details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
if thats the mileage he gets then either he redlines the car in each gear everytime he drives or something is seriously wrong with the car. i suggest you get it checked up by suzuki before buying.

i used to get at least 9kmpl in mumbai traffic and more than 12-13kmpl on the highway.
Thanks Akshay, like i said, i did not want to take a call, without checking with t-bhpians first and i think its proving to be a good call. Since i am going to see the car again tomorrow, i will get it checked and see what the mechanic has to say with regards to mileage.
Old 19th September 2008, 21:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hey quicksilver, the update from the RTO agent is that it will cost me 27k in total inclusive of his fees. I did not get the full details from him as to cost break up etc though, as he was a busier man than me & asked me to meet him personally for the details!!!
So are you letting go of the OHC? does not make much practical sense as you will also end up losing money on the resale value because it will be a re-registered car when you sell it later on.
Old 19th September 2008, 21:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The owner scared me by saying that the mileage is 5kmpl in city and 11kmpl on highways. Baleno owners, please tell me if the claims of mileage is true and also the price please.
Yeah could be true since he is running his car on kerosene,the auto drivers cadre.

On a serious note , take it to any MASS and get it checked and also if possible get the service history of the car.
Old 19th September 2008, 21:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dude, reregistering your car in KA with full road tax/LTT etc will be closer to 50k.

These are some ridiculous deals floating around. I have PMed you with a few Balenos.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
And to answer your query on the baleno hits, well i came across this black Vxi, 2005, 48k kms run.
Asking price - 4.2L negotiable.
On advice from my CA, I was flirting with selling my Baleno, 30k kms done, and was offered only 3.1L in Goa. Of course sanity prevailed and I decided to keep her for a good bit longer.

I consistently get around 13 kpl, with city/hwy mix of 40/60. On the NH4 on one trip to Pune I got 17 kpl. All with a/c on 100%. My Baleno gives me as good if not better mileage than the Getz.
Check the service history on that machine.

Last edited by filcord : 19th September 2008 at 22:57.
Old 19th September 2008, 23:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
So are you letting go of the OHC? does not make much practical sense as you will also end up losing money on the resale value because it will be a re-registered car when you sell it later on.
Yes sir, definitely letting go of it. Cant afford to go some much over and above my budget and like you rightly pointed out, i will be losing money on the resale as well. So its a double whammy for me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Yeah could be true since he is running his car on kerosene,the auto drivers cadre.

On a serious note , take it to any MASS and get it checked and also if possible get the service history of the car.
the kerosene bit was hilarious. v1p3r has PMed me a few deals. Will first check them out before going back to this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Dude, reregistering your car in KA with full road tax/LTT etc will be closer to 50k.

These are some ridiculous deals floating around. I have PMed you with a few Balenos.
Not sure on the re-registration bit, as i mentioned, the RTO agent was very busy when i called him and he only took the model of the vehicle and quoted the price. He did not even ask the make, cc of the car etc. So i think what you say about the cost being 50k might turn out to be true.

And the deals as well.. My goodness, for a 3 year old baleno, which has practically no tires, he is asking for 4.2L, i was dumb founded. Have replied to your PM. We can work out something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
On advice from my CA, I was flirting with selling my Baleno, 30k kms done, and was offered only 3.1L in Goa. Of course sanity prevailed and I decided to keep her for a good bit longer.

I consistently get around 13 kpl, with city/hwy mix of 40/60. On the NH4 on one trip to Pune I got 17 kpl. All with a/c on 100%. My Baleno gives me as good if not better mileage than the Getz.
Check the service history on that machine.
Thanks for the info Filcord, the mileage figures you have quoted are realistic and reassuring.
Old 21st September 2008, 09:38   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

Hey Akshay,
Could you PM the same rediculous deals to me as well?

Thanks,
Raaj K S
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hello friends,

Due to a sudden emergency in the family, i had to divert the loan amount which was meant for the car towards that. Hence the purchase has been put forward to Dec/Jan09. Thanks a lot to all the people who have offered advice and have been kind enough to offer help with regards to the car as well. Please dont feel that your advise was wasted. This was a very good education for me and will save me from posting another thread in Dec/Jan! Thanks a lot to everyone again!!
Old 1st October 2008, 23:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

The price seems a bit high for a discontinued model. My friend recently sold his end 2003 Baleno with 50K kms on the odo for abt Rs 2.3 lakhs. I understand that the Ac was not working in his car but that car would have got maybe 2.6 lakhs for a working AC.
I guess around 3.75 lakhs would be a good price as OHCs have better resale value.
Old 31st October 2008, 05:01   #45
BHPian

Dear abhinav,

Purchase in Jan would be a good thing since there would be a model change and the same cars you are looking at today would command 10-15% lesser market value.
I just picked up a mint 05 baleno lxi with 27k on the odo with a list of goodies like Upsize alloys and tires, decent ICE and Leather interiors. all for just 3.25L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks