Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:58   #61
BHPian

@ashish

Once again,thanks a ton for the prompt response mate.That has decisively cleared all doubts/queries running through my mind and I am defifnitely going ahead with the OHC now.Just what I needed,some help from a person who owns both an OHC as well as one of the D-segment cars.You really have been most helpful,really appreciate it.
A party when I get my car then cheers:
Old 11th January 2009, 15:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Which one to go for? Lancer or baleno?

Hi all,
I am thinking of going for a used sedan.
Budget: 2.5L.
Mainly for city use,Need mileage,Low maintanence cost/spare cost.

Things i wanna know:
1]Will these 2 cars come in this budget,considering the fact that i stay in bangalore? if so which model n how much driven?[need a first owner vehicle]
2]Which is better when you consider mileage and maintenence?
3]Which is better for city use?
4]Which one has better interior and accessories?

Thanks in advance
Old 11th January 2009, 17:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Hi all,

Things i wanna know:
1]Will these 2 cars come in this budget,considering the fact that i stay in bangalore? if so which model n how much driven?[need a first owner vehicle]
2]Which is better when you consider mileage and maintenence?
3]Which is better for city use?
4]Which one has better interior and accessories?

Thanks in advance
For Your budget, you will get very old baleno's and OHC's that are almost about to die.
If you want peace of mind consider the Esteem or Accent.

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 11th January 2009 at 17:21.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking i might find a 2003 or 04 baleno for that range. i mean i can stretch my budget a bit,say another 20k or so.Not anyway looking for OHC cos i am sure it wont come in my range.
Old 12th January 2009, 09:49   #65
BHPian

Choose the Baleno, b'cos the OHC's still carry a premium! Look for direct sellers, IMO 3.5L can fetch you a good low mileage '05 model, but for 2.5L, i guess you would possibly get '01 model, add a 20 grand for year over year! Try to get a Vxi, its (ACC, Alloys, spoiler, driver seat adjust) worth that extra money. All the best!

Quote:
I was thinking i might find a 2003 or 04 baleno for that range. i mean i can stretch my budget a bit,say another 20k or so.Not anyway looking for OHC cos i am sure it wont come in my range.
Old 12th January 2009, 21:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2009 at 10:30.
Unknownsatan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th January 2009, 09:17   #67
BHPian

My answers in bold in-line your post.

Quote:
Hi all,

Things i wanna know:
1]Will these 2 cars come in this budget,considering the fact that i stay in bangalore? if so which model n how much driven?[need a first owner vehicle] Baleno will be cheaper to buy
2]Which is better when you consider mileage and maintenence? Both will offer you this
3]Which is better for city use? Baleno, due to its high torque at low RPM... BTW, a Baleno is comparable to a OHC VTec (but cant beat)!
4]Which one has better interior and accessories? The OHC looks better both interior and exterior. Both never came with ABS or Airbags, and so in the hands of an entusiast, would have been quite modded with accessories... but I suggest you to pick the one that's stock!

Thanks in advance
Old 13th January 2009, 21:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

@airwind: No no no.I know i posted this in wrong thread.
But what i wanna know is about lancer n baleno,not baleno n OHC.OHC is completely outta question.
Old 14th January 2009, 14:57   #69
BHPian

My Friend, 2.5 L is not good enough to buy a sedan. Even if you manage to find one chances are that it will be in a bad condition .
As a thumb rule a car would give you trouble free maintenance for 4 years and about 40/50K kms. After that only all the maintainence costs start coming. You will have to spend a lot in terms of maintainance in order to keep it in good condition.

BTW, what is you daily mileage going to be? If you need to keep a car parked in front of your house and take it out occassionally then its fine to go for a used sedan, if you need a car to drive daily to office, then think again.

If I had 2.5 I would buy the santro/wagon r/esteem which is 2005/6 model nothing older than that.
Old 14th January 2009, 15:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
@airwind: No no no.I know i posted this in wrong thread.
But what i wanna know is about lancer n baleno,not baleno n OHC.OHC is completely outta question.
Okay, not many changes

Things i wanna know:
1]Will these 2 cars come in this budget,considering the fact that i stay in bangalore? if so which model n how much driven?[need a first owner vehicle] Both will be cheaper to buy (assume running of ~10k KMS/year), Baleno will be cheaper to own with better service network, but Lancer is still in production but has poor service
2]Which is better when you consider mileage and maintenence? Baleno
3]Which is better for city use? Baleno, due to its high torque at low RPM... BTW, a Baleno is comparable to a OHC VTec (but it cant beat it though)!
4]Which one has better interior and accessories? The Lance IMO still is quite a looker, both have poor interiors but I still prefer the Lancer's to the Baleno. Both never came with ABS or Airbags, and so in the hands of an entusiast, would have been quite modded with accessories... but I suggest you to pick the one that's completely stock!
Old 14th January 2009, 21:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Thnks airwind. i heard there are quite a few vehicles in 3L bracket.So hoping to find a good one. Anyways lets see, what happens. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:25   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am looking out for a OHC VTEC in NCR region as my first car

I found the following two cars

1. 2001 OHC VTEC - It has done 37K kms. It has a lot of scratches and some dents on the outer body part. Needs a tyre replacement. Its coming with original cassette player. Current owner is second on papers.

2. 2002 OHC VTEC - It has done 54k kms. Outer body is in nice shape with few scratches requiring just a touch up. Tyres are brand new. Car comes in with a okay okay music system. Current owner is second on papers.

What do you think should be the good price to pay for them ?

help me out in deciding the prices as I am very confused in what should by correct price for them.

PS - Checked up the mileage. Its genuine for both of them.
Old 17th January 2009, 10:32   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
2. 2002 OHC VTEC - It has done 54k kms. Outer body is in nice shape with few scratches requiring just a touch up. Tyres are brand new. Car comes in with a okay okay music system. Current owner is second on papers.
If it is a post-September 2002 model, this is the one to go for. Simply because these cars had a new ECU which solved the Vtecs low rpm jerking problem. Plus, when Shantanu drove my car, the first thing he commented was that it felt quicker than his '01 Vtec.
Old 18th January 2009, 15:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If it is a post-September 2002 model, this is the one to go for. Simply because these cars had a new ECU which solved the Vtecs low rpm jerking problem. Plus, when Shantanu drove my car, the first thing he commented was that it felt quicker than his '01 Vtec.
Thanks a lot GTO for your response.

Its actually May 2002 model. So I guess it must not be having the new ECU which you are talking about.

What should be the good price to pay for these cars ?
Old 19th January 2009, 15:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

Cost and peace of mind OHC vs BALENO vs AVEO

hello guys, i am looking for a second hand sedan after a friend of mine and the recent TV show "The used car show" showcased the Aveo as best second hand car to buy.

now i want answers to a few questions below:

1. Mileage of OHC - Baleno - aveo(someone said OHC gives 16kmpl)
2. Cost of spares OHC-Baleno- Aveo
3. Problems per vehicle (reliability) OHC/BALENO/AVEO
4. Which one is better to buy/use/reliable OHC1.3 , OHC1.5 or OHC1.5 Vtec
5. Engine life in KMS of the above 3.

Which of the above shall be a good buy. Please recommend me the car, year of make and kms done on the odo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks