Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:33   #16
BHPian

I had TDed the Embera CRDI in March 2007 and found it to be really comfortable ride. Engine was good but had some visible tubro lag. Really a very nice chauffeur driven car. Very good value of rmoney if you are not concerned about driving it or brand concious.

Advaith Hyundai on Outer Ring Road was giving me a cash discount of 80k + first year insurance free if we take it from their choice of insurance company. This was after immense haggling and on the very last day of the financial year end.
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:34   #17
BHPian

sorry it was march 2008
Old 2nd October 2008, 19:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Ok my bad. Also I found the steering very light, I was holding on to it for dear life. Could it be just the car I drove.
Posted in Rohits thread.
Vij, I have posted my reply on other thread, but just to make a point, you must have driven a badly maintained car. I am just back from my first 500km drive and I can assure you of it's handling. No the steering was no way light at 130, in fact I was driving with one hand on steering , resting on my lap.

The hadnling may not be in leage with German cars but not way average. It's miles ahead of my other car (Getz, a bad example I know). There are few turns on lonavala where I could take the turn at 105 kph against posted 35kmph limit. So in nutshell handling may not be as great as mercs but no way average.
Old 11th December 2008, 18:13   #19
BHPian

Emberra CRDI is upon full confirmation of order only.
I asked for a test drive of atleast petrol Embera and they are dilly dallying me
Old 16th December 2008, 20:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherlover View Post
Emberra CRDI is upon full confirmation of order only.
I asked for a test drive of atleast petrol Embera and they are dilly dallying me
What? You want an infraction, buddy?
Old 17th December 2008, 02:45   #21
BHPian

There is a new model for the Sonata on its way is whats the buzz. Am unsure if they have cars in stock to make a sale and thats one of the reason you could be facing a delay in test drive.

With the low fan following of the Hyundai brand for the higher end models there may not be any test drive vehicles the showrooms could afford.
Old 11th January 2009, 12:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

so,i have heard a new sonata been lined up for launch.Is it true?if its the euro spec new one then its going to blast.I had heard of auto sonata in diesel avatar.is it still in production?
ram
Old 11th January 2009, 13:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
so,i have heard a new sonata been lined up for launch.Is it true?if its the euro spec new one then its going to blast.I had heard of auto sonata in diesel avatar.is it still in production?
ram
Well, the Jan edition of Auto Car says it is going to be launched soon with a facelift. Though I did not quite like the face-lifted frontal view, the dash looks miles better now. Despite all the space and comforts it provides, the existing dash is dull and boring. Imagine, the ICE also plays cassettes!

Most Viewed